Navistar Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.9

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

Long process - interviewed over 4 months. Interviewed with about 6 managers.

Interview Questions

• Typically behavior questions such as "Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?" Needed to answer based on SAR (Situation-Action-Result) model.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was driven by the hiring manager. She was tough and shot low for salary. I did get the signon bonus I requested.

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Really easy. Phone interview and video phone interview, then it came the offer one month later... I interviewed with different program managers, and they call me one month later over the phone and made me the final offer. A really easy process...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

I was first called by one of the HR people and scheduled for a video interview. Performed a video questionnaire and then was scheduled for a live video interview with the team I would be working with. After the live video interview I received a call saying I received the position and their offer. After all that I had to have a hair follicle drug test performed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Engine Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted in January for the position and was a current employee of the company at a seperate location. In February there was a phone interview, followed by a in person panel interview, which Navistar paid for my airfare.

Interview Questions

• Very typical STAR interview. Unexpected question -"when was a time that you were stopped in your tracks, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

I intially accepted the offer and then had to go back on my acceptance, after being offered a better paying job a a different company.

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

The usual. Will get back to you whenever.

Interview Questions

• None the bar for all jobs are so low the only difficult thing is dealing with it. When you see positive attitudes on the job position for a professional career thats a red flag to the environment of the place. Also dealing with ambiguity translates to everything is such a mess inside you most likely won't be able get anything because of it. Ambiguity here is not what ambiguity is else where. Think of it like this. You want water. Seems very basic and simple go to the drinking fountain. Here you have to find a shovel, start digging holes looking for water, then install the pump to the well, run the plumbing, install the fountain, then get your water. Translate that to your daily work and you can understand how bad even the simpliest task are. This will be for every task, not just the usual onezeezzzz twozeeezzzz people mean when they say we have that at our workplace. Its everything, this translates to why the quality is so bad. Also failed forced joint outsourcing to India really makes things worse.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight forward. Take this or leave, you maybe able to get another $3k. Primarily because they won't have anyone else for the job. Also they try to outsource jobs left and right claiming can't find an american. Really you can't find an american industrial engineer looking for work?????

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL).

Interview

straightforward questions from the resume .do thorough research on what is listed in your resume. they do not ask anything outside of it

Negotiation

if you are from an good university , they will entertain negotiations on salary and sign on bonus

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

A three person interview will focus on BBI competencies using the STAR format: Situation, Task, Action and Result. BBI competencies such as Initiative/Action Oriented, Functional/Technical, Interpersonal Savvy, Perserverance and priority Setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to set overall direction for a group.
      Tell me about a time when others sought you out for your opinion on priorities.
      Tell me about a time when you came back from a course excited about what you learned and then had trouble implementing the change back in the workplace.
      Tell me about a time when you took a new job that required a much different set of skills.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR for phone interview. Phone interview was about 1/2 hr with basic behavior questions and asking if I was interested in the job description. Phone interview was with HR. About 1 week later asked if they could interview me in person. Schedule for 2 weeks later, probably took longer as they had to schedule to fly me out from MA. In person interview was suppose to be with 3 but ended up as 1 who would have been my direct manager. Asked 3 behavioral questions that she said were required by HR, she let me pick the 3 off her sheet and answered them quickly, She was more interested in how real life experience and project work could translate to what she told me in detail about the position. Ended up talking experience casually for about 45 min when the next candidate came in. HR called me two weeks later and said offer was pending due to some issues with the company overall my position got axed with about 1000+ others,

Interview Questions

• What traits in people do you dislike the most and why?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

First was an "interview" by the recruiter but this was more of a conversation than a interview. Asked me simple questions such as what I was interested in and if I would like to Navistar etc. I did not really have a phone interview and instead proceeded to go to a face to face group interview with 3 managers. They were very nice and only asked basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I considered negotiating but the offer was already good, more than I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a group of 3 interviewers, which were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They introduced themselves and their role in the company. They then examined my resume and proceeded with Behavioral questions. If you want to interview with them, practice some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a moment in your life (school, work, personal, etc) that you failed at something?   Answer Question