Navistar Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

phone interview question was about 3 financial statements and one behavioral question. The 2nd round was much more intense. Wear a suit, no if ands or buts about that. Be prepared for 2 interviews. 2 vs 1 both times. One is behavioral and other is technical. They do technical first but don't think there is relief...like the hard part is over...bc the behavioral is just as hard. They give you case study and you get 30 mins to prepare all about cash. If you are going to prepare about this make sure you study factors of cash why it would increase and decrease and how it effects other accounts. The night before there is a mixer. You have the opportunity to talk to people in the program and the interviewers. The interviewers wont tell you its them but they seek you out so make sure you try to start a relationship with them. I know someone who did a very good job of this and got the job. Also, make sure for behavior you use STAR method. Always ask a question at the end of the interview.

Program/Project Tracker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I was sent for a job interview through a staffing agency. I had a group interview with three members of the team. The whole interview lasted about one hour. They asked me a series of behavioral questions using the STAR interview method. The three interviewers were very friendly and respectful.

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Joliet, IL).

Interview

Home office called me for an interview. No phone interview. Interviewed at Navistar, 4 person panel, star format, uptight situation. they were firing questions at me from every direction. They wanted specific examples of specific situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you have to get a team to buy in to your management style, how did you do it, what was the result. Every question was 4 - 5 parts.   Answer Question

Information Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Basic SAR type interview. You meet with the manager and another person and go over a standard Situation, Action, Response style questionnaire. The manager then went into a little history of the company and then we talked about the technical skills I had. The technical skills questions were minimal during this interview.

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

phone screening -> office interview with two groups. one behavioral question one case. The FALD program manager is very nice. She invited all interviewers to the campus before the interview. It was a great opportunity to meet with different working professionals at Navistar, some of them may be the interview on next day.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

Long process - interviewed over 4 months. Interviewed with about 6 managers.

Interview Questions

• Typically behavior questions such as "Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?" Needed to answer based on SAR (Situation-Action-Result) model.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was driven by the hiring manager. She was tough and shot low for salary. I did get the signon bonus I requested.

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Really easy. Phone interview and video phone interview, then it came the offer one month later... I interviewed with different program managers, and they call me one month later over the phone and made me the final offer. A really easy process...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

I was first called by one of the HR people and scheduled for a video interview. Performed a video questionnaire and then was scheduled for a live video interview with the team I would be working with. After the live video interview I received a call saying I received the position and their offer. After all that I had to have a hair follicle drug test performed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Engine Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted in January for the position and was a current employee of the company at a seperate location. In February there was a phone interview, followed by a in person panel interview, which Navistar paid for my airfare.

Interview Questions

• Very typical STAR interview. Unexpected question -"when was a time that you were stopped in your tracks, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

I intially accepted the offer and then had to go back on my acceptance, after being offered a better paying job a a different company.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

The usual. Will get back to you whenever.

Interview Questions

• None the bar for all jobs are so low the only difficult thing is dealing with it. When you see positive attitudes on the job position for a professional career thats a red flag to the environment of the place. Also dealing with ambiguity translates to everything is such a mess inside you most likely won't be able get anything because of it. Ambiguity here is not what ambiguity is else where. Think of it like this. You want water. Seems very basic and simple go to the drinking fountain. Here you have to find a shovel, start digging holes looking for water, then install the pump to the well, run the plumbing, install the fountain, then get your water. Translate that to your daily work and you can understand how bad even the simpliest task are. This will be for every task, not just the usual onezeezzzz twozeeezzzz people mean when they say we have that at our workplace. Its everything, this translates to why the quality is so bad. Also failed forced joint outsourcing to India really makes things worse.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight forward. Take this or leave, you maybe able to get another $3k. Primarily because they won't have anyone else for the job. Also they try to outsource jobs left and right claiming can't find an american. Really you can't find an american industrial engineer looking for work?????