Navistar Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

A three person interview will focus on BBI competencies using the STAR format: Situation, Task, Action and Result. BBI competencies such as Initiative/Action Oriented, Functional/Technical, Interpersonal Savvy, Perserverance and priority Setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to set overall direction for a group.
      Tell me about a time when others sought you out for your opinion on priorities.
      Tell me about a time when you came back from a course excited about what you learned and then had trouble implementing the change back in the workplace.
      Tell me about a time when you took a new job that required a much different set of skills.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR for phone interview. Phone interview was about 1/2 hr with basic behavior questions and asking if I was interested in the job description. Phone interview was with HR. About 1 week later asked if they could interview me in person. Schedule for 2 weeks later, probably took longer as they had to schedule to fly me out from MA. In person interview was suppose to be with 3 but ended up as 1 who would have been my direct manager. Asked 3 behavioral questions that she said were required by HR, she let me pick the 3 off her sheet and answered them quickly, She was more interested in how real life experience and project work could translate to what she told me in detail about the position. Ended up talking experience casually for about 45 min when the next candidate came in. HR called me two weeks later and said offer was pending due to some issues with the company overall my position got axed with about 1000+ others,

Entry Level Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

First was an "interview" by the recruiter but this was more of a conversation than a interview. Asked me simple questions such as what I was interested in and if I would like to Navistar etc. I did not really have a phone interview and instead proceeded to go to a face to face group interview with 3 managers. They were very nice and only asked basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I considered negotiating but the offer was already good, more than I expected.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a group of 3 interviewers, which were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They introduced themselves and their role in the company. They then examined my resume and proceeded with Behavioral questions. If you want to interview with them, practice some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a moment in your life (school, work, personal, etc) that you failed at something?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Behavioral questions and very few questions about background or previous experience. That information was vetted in the formal phone interview prior to coming in for interview. Interview was with 3 separate people not within the group I ended up working in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were told you did something wrong.   Answer Question

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview is not technical, all questions are behavioral questions. I also had a group interview. you will be asked what if question from your past experience you can use your school experience.
    T

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was on the phone they gave me a number I kind of put an amount higher than that and they moved half way.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

The HR personnel found me through CareerBuilder, contacted me and set up the interview. First round was phone, 2nd round/final is office visit. Got the offer within 3 or 4 day. Overall, it took me about 2 weeks from the first round until offer notification. First round questions pretty much about work experiences, how it relates to the position. Second round question were some general questions like behavorial, strength/weaknesses, why do you want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Question was pretty much what I expected: behavorial, strength/weaknessed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't that good. HR personnel only gave 3 days to decide and was very tough in term of negotiation. I didn't like his attitude at all.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone screen and then face-to-face interview with hiring manager and another team member; notified by HR of outcome and offer. Given a reasonable amount of time to review offer and accept. Accepted offer and started within 2 weeks.

Supplier Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR . Technical Phone Conference call with Hiring manager. F2F interview with Hiring managers. Waiting for 2 weeks

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

SWOT analysis type interview and a technical round

Interview Questions

• how do you mangage your failures and meet expectations?   Answer Question

See What Navistar Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Product Development Engineer - Team Lead in Lisle, IL

Pros: “There are some good people at Navistar that are trying to make the company better. Unfortunately, most of the talented individuals have left for greener pastures, as the company as...”“There are some good people at Navistar that are trying to make the company better. Unfortunately, most of the talented individuals have left for greener pastures, as the company as struggled mightily over the past five years. Upper management has tried to make the work environment more fun, even while introducing across-the-board pay cuts. The Lisle campus is beautiful and the cafeteria is pretty good. Relaxed dress code, though not everyone follows it. CEO has good intentions but inherited a tarnished brand from his predecessor's mistakes.” – Full Review