Navistar Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Navistar Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Navistar

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Standard college entrance interview questions. Experience with automotive was limited coming out of college. Company was expanding at a rapid growth rate and large number of engineers entered simultaneously into the company. The initial interview was an engineering recruiter on site at the university. Subsequently, you were called into an onsite interview at a Navistar facility. This interview resulted in a decision that was made before the end of the visit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Navistar

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Had a 2 on 1 interview. Was pretty low- key, pretty much a run down of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, specific contributions to projects, my typical role in a project, and some examples of leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Tulsa, OK) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and quite simple. I was a little nervous at first but after talking to the interviewers, they made me feel comfortable and i had a blast just talking about various things. After that, there was a tour of the bus making plant which was huge. Overall, a fun experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: How would you go about accompanying everyone with their egos when working on a project?   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Garland, TX).

Interview

Laid back and a tour of the facility.

Negotiation

Design Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar in November 2011.

Interview

Went in for a quick 30 minute interview with two people (a hiring manager and a project manager. They didn't specify if this was the project manager of the team I'd be working with, but I don't think so). A week later, they called and said they would extend me an offer.

Full disclosure, I had an internship with them the summer before, so that probably explains the shorter than normal interview process (when I walked in for the full-time interview, they commented on the review my manager over the summer gave me). That internship interview consisted of solely recording my answers to interview questions (presented via a website I had to login to) with a webcam they mailed me.

Interview Questions

• They only asked very stereotypical questions. Just prepare for it like you would for any other interview. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a higher salary pretty smoothly. I asked for a higher number, they gave me something that was 30% of the way between the initial offer and what I asked for, which was good enough for me.

As general advice for all offers, just ask for a better offer in some way. Worst that would happen is they say no (they're not going to rescind an offer just because you asked for a higher salary/more benefits....). Best that could happen is that they say yes. Most likely, they'll counter negotiate.

And learn some negotiating tactics, because that'll help you in a lot of cases, especially once you finally have the job.