Navistar Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Navistar Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Springfield, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. I received a phone informational interview about 1 week after applying and an invitation for an on sight interview 1.5 weeks following. So about a 2.5 week process. The interviewer met me in the lobby looking very unprofessional. She mentioned they only dress professionally when customers are visiting (I guess I was chop liver). She was friendly but could not find the proper interview location. The other interviewers on the panel trickled in and were very distracted and showed little interest in the interview. They seemed very scattered and disjointed as a whole. The facility was run down, old, in middle of literally NO WHERE. The pay for the position was sub par. They are looking for hard laborers not analytical engineers going by the interview questions. I was not impressed, totally disengaged and checked out a quarter of the way into the interview. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work on a difficult project, how did you handle it, what was the outcome and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Navistar

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Behavior based interview. Using Star format. Interviewed by three people in the department. Some of the questions were unanswerable if you did not have a lot of prior on the job experience in the particular field. Questions were read off a sheet of paper, the basic STAR interview questions, can most likely be found online.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Had a group interview and they tested behavioral and technical skills.

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Constantly felt as if i was being grilled, Questions were excessively repetitive, Interviewers were not even in the the group I would be working for. Asked questions that were too personal. I had to explain my job history as if they had no idea it was a actual career path.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me a questions that related to certain database and program that was not specific to my position and was hounding me as to why i didn't know how to use it and belittled me.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager after applying online. I had a phone interview when he called and he asked about my skills and interests. He said he would contact me again in a few days to set up an interview. He never called so I called him and we arranged to have my fly out for an interview. I flew to Chicago, had the interview the same day which lasted about 1.5 hours and flew home. I was contacted at the end of the next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a plan for a difficult project and how did it turn out and what did you learn   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to change your interpersonal savvy   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Be prepared for technical as well as personality test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as calibration engineer when you are specialized in simulation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Fort Wayne, IN) in June 2010.

Interview

1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. Phone interview with company recruiter
    3. Written interview for company recruiter - sent to hiring manager
    4. Interview with HR directly before panel interview
    4. In person interview with 3 managers & 1 director
    5. Tour

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

1 interview with a behavioral and technical question. The behavioral question was basic. Technical was: you have a bracket you need to put on a truck. Should it be made from steel or aluminum? The basis was to see your thought process and why/how you approached a solution.

Interview Questions

• The technical question was unexpected but not difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotation

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

One phone interview, two in person interviews. First in person inteview occured on a Saturday and I had to drive 200 mile to get there. No help from Navistar for hotels or mileage. Questions very high level and indicated managers lack of knowledge about fundamental concepts. Second interview was with three people. All of them told me to not take the job unless I had no other alternatives.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions, but all iterviews were a bit odd   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made me a low ball offer. I countered and ultimately got a signing bonus, 5K more per year.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Relatively easy interview. Initial interview portion was a panel interview with questions more pertaining to my experience rather than typical "tell us about a time when you _______." After answering a few questions they really began showing me around the place as if I already accepted the offer and was planning to start the next day. I was extended an offer a few days later, but declined after my current employer intervened and gave me a counter offer to stay with them.