Navistar FALD Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Navistar FALD Program Interview Questions

3.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview conducted in a chat room. There were 2-3 behavioral questions and 2 technical questions about the relations of the financial statements. Another one was what statements/ratios I use when looking to invest in a company.

Interview Questions

• What do the financial statements have in common?
    What financial statements/ratios do you use when looking to investing in a company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Navistar

FALD Program Interview

Interview

first round interview on campus, basic interview questions. tell me a time when... there was a technical question at the end. 2nd round much harder. case study interview and behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• case study about working capital. Compare the financial statements.   Answer Question

FALD Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Met the recruiter at the career fair at school. He called me later that night to set up the interview for the next day so it was a very quick turnaround. The interview was a 2-on-1 consisting of mostly basic behavioral questions, specifically about ethics and handling a problem. There was also a technical question about how the balance sheet income statement and statement of cash flows are related and a question about working capital.

Interview Questions

• how can there be positive income but negative operating cash flow?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Navistar (Normal, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter at my university's career fair on Thursdays and that night was called to set up an on campus interview for Friday. The recruiters I interviewed with were current FALD members and recent graduates of my university. They asked me about 5 questions in the standard STAR format. I screwed up the technical question but if i had gotten it right they had an MBA question I could have tried. There was an ethics question and then a technical question at the end. Overall there was a very quick turn around and I will find out if I got a 2nd interview within a week of the initial contact.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 financial statements a company creates and in what order are they created?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go against your ethical beliefs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

phone interview question was about 3 financial statements and one behavioral question. The 2nd round was much more intense. Wear a suit, no if ands or buts about that. Be prepared for 2 interviews. 2 vs 1 both times. One is behavioral and other is technical. They do technical first but don't think there is relief...like the hard part is over...bc the behavioral is just as hard. They give you case study and you get 30 mins to prepare all about cash. If you are going to prepare about this make sure you study factors of cash why it would increase and decrease and how it effects other accounts. The night before there is a mixer. You have the opportunity to talk to people in the program and the interviewers. The interviewers wont tell you its them but they seek you out so make sure you try to start a relationship with them. I know someone who did a very good job of this and got the job. Also, make sure for behavior you use STAR method. Always ask a question at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

phone screening -> office interview with two groups. one behavioral question one case. The FALD program manager is very nice. She invited all interviewers to the campus before the interview. It was a great opportunity to meet with different working professionals at Navistar, some of them may be the interview on next day.

FALD Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Overall impressed with organization of the interview process. Pretty standard: they came to the career fair and then did interviews two weeks later. They only invited 30 or so to the final round interview, but there were 3 there from my school. Diversity seems to be a focus - I don't think any of us were alike in any way other than our major. They did a huge dinner at a bar in downtown Naperville for top candidates, which was the best event I attended across all companies. Everyone was friendly and seems like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Very intense second interview, with technical questions in Excel and a case study about working capital.   Answer Question

Got an offer to work at my first choice auditing company.

FALD Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar in March 2013.

Interview

Initial 1st round interview with two people. Very easy, it appeared they were mostly looking for a personality fit within the organization.

2nd round interview much more intense. Whole process takes about 6 hours, you'll meet about a dozen people. 1 case study, 1 excel test, 1 behavioral interview, 1 technical interview, 1 hr lunch with current FALDs

Everybody was extremely friendly and outgoing. They made me feel welcome.

Business case is about working capital. Includes inventory valuation, COGS, ways cash can be increased or decreased due to certain business factors. Know about inventory turnover, liquidity ratios, plant capacity, just in time inventory processes, as well as high level business strategy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something that was against your beliefs?   1 Answer
    • Sell me on this position. How would you persuade me that you're the perfect candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer is very competitive. $$$ above average starting salary for business majors.

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and had one 30 minute, on-campus interview. The interview consisted of a few easy behavioral questions and one technical question regarding connections between the financial statements. I was called a little over a month later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain the relationship between the balance sheet and statement of cash flows.   Answer Question

FALD Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Talked to recruiter on campus during career fair. Applied to job posting (submit resume, and applied online at company site). Got a first round interview on campus. Interview was about 30 mins or so. Mostly behavioral, with one or two basic accounting concept questions. Got a call back the next day with an invitation for second round.

Second round was a pre-night dinner and open bar (very fun), with interviews the next day. Interviews consisted of one case interview and one behavioral interview, as well as an excel test. Both interviews were 2 on 1 (one director, one FALD)

Was called back with decision on the same day at night (very fast turnaround)

People were very friendly, and very open.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were face with an situation that you were not comfortable with ethically. What did you do, and what was the end result. (not the exact wording, but the general idea)   Answer Question

I received an offer from a different company that I wanted more. but this was my second choice.