Navistar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Navistar

2.8

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

It was a long process. I interviewed for one position, but they took a different route. They recommended me to other managers in the company. I eventually was put in the right place and everything worked out.

Interview Questions

• They are more curious about your resume. Navistar seems to want to build from you.   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Knoxville, TN) in November 2019.

Interview

Panel interview with three people. Two of the people were productive and asked good questions. One however, was rude and asked smug condescending questions. He started the interview asking if I actually wanted the job. Why would take unpaid time off work to go to a job interview for a job I didn't want. He also looked at my resume and asked me if I could actually work in an office even though I have a four year degree, and office experience. As if people of Hispanic descent can only work in the fields or in factories doing manual labor.

Administrative Support III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter and then brought in for an in-person interview. When I entered the building, I knew that this was the next place for me. I then interviewed with two people and it was a delight. I was able to meet some people who worked at Navistar and they were nice. After the interview, I was contacted two hours later and was hired. The talent acquisition team assisted me greatly with the onboarding process and each step was easy to master!

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us what you know about Navistar and what makes you stand out for this position?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

Started with a dinner with directors and vice presidents in product development. Next day was 3 sets behavioral interviews with senior engineers and a tour of the Lisle and Melrose Park facilities

Interview Questions

• "What was a time you were pushed to your limit?"   1 Answer

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

I had a telephone interview that lasted 30 minutes. The hiring Manager seemed genuine looking for candidates to fill this role (some permanent and some temps.) I was told there were up to 21 temporary positions available for a 9 month time frame.

The in-person interview was scheduled and lasted 30 minutes. Two people conducted the interview (one was very green to the process the other was in my opinion not too professional.

After exactly 30 minutes, I was shown the door with the ability to ask any questions. I am not sure what type of candidates they were looking for but these two people certainly did not have a clue how to interview (or talk ) to people.

For a big company like Navistar. I expected better treatment. Many of the reviews indicate they do not take care of their people. With no return calls or an email confirming I was declined for one of these positions, I AGREE with the others that were kind enough to take the time to write and give people like myself an indication of what to expect (expect nothing from Navistar) when you interview with these people..

These people were not quick to hire candidates even tho there was a time fence on the project Navistar was working on.

Interview Questions

• What was your role with your previous company?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

They used a recruiter for a phone screen, to in person with a standard Lominger competencies, to second in person with higher levels. Overall a little slow and unresponsive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

The phone screen took about 35 minutes. It was very relaxed and not intimidating. The hiring manager and another staff answered all questions in a very friendly and honest manner. I was asked about my background, coursework, strengths and interests.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your engineering background coursework   1 Answer

Interview

Interview process is very easy and smooth. there were total three interviews one with HR, one with mid level engineer and third with chief engineer. They ask about behavior type questions.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

Met with Navistar recruiters at the career fair but on at my university. I applied right away and received an interview about 6 weeks after I had applied. They set up a phone interview and I heard back with an unofficial offer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Navistar?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to learn something on the fly.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

Originally talked to recruiters at university career fair and applied online. Was contacted the same day for an interview. The interview was an initial screening for an on site interview. Nothing crazy just talking to two people to learn more about the job and if I was a good enough candidate. I progressed to the on site interview and it involved driving to the Lisle campus.

There were about 20 people in my hiring group. There was a very nice dinner the night before where they talked about the company's values and the itinerary for the interview day. We had breakfast the next day and split off into tours for lisle based jobs or melrose park based jobs.

The interviews consisted of two pairs of two where they asked very structured questions. They asked several technical questions that were simple to solve. Then we toured the other facilities, had lunch, and left.

The interview seemed disorganized with mechanical engineers being asked electrical questions and computer engineers being asked materials questions. The culture felt very strict and cold when walking through the building. Their tech seemed quite archaic, and the office space was pitiful with tiny cubicles huddling engineers together.

The news came that they were pursuing other candidates about two weeks after the conclusions, I was surprised to not get an offer after the interviews seemed to have gone well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a complicated situation where you had to make a decision.   Answer Question