Navistar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.9

Data Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 people in person and another via the phone. The interview didn't take place until about 15 minutes after the scheduled time since they were running late due to them jam packing the interviews in a day or in a certain timeframe. Asked a handful of situational questions. This was a temp job to last until Halloween. Never got a courtesy notice regarding if I got the position or not, not that I'm surprised these days from companies.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navistar (Springfield, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got video screen invitation. Video screening was virtual, no live interviewer. Basic behavourial questions. No communication for 2.5 months. Finally I contacted HR only to get a reject. Absolute lack of communication from the company. Very unprofessional. They dont care about the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why Navistar, Why this major, favourite class, accomplishments, strengths   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Applied on line, after couple of weeks got the call from recruiter who spoke to me for good 30 mins. He scheduled phone interview with the hiring manager which went well, Next step was they wanted me to come in office for face to face interview, 3 to 4 individuals took interview for 2 hrs .
    after 2 weeks got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions , Situation bases,   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I first had to complete a video screening where I was asked pretty standard behavioral type questions. A couple weeks later I was asked to set up a time for a video interview.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavior style questions with 2-3 interviewers lasting about an hour. Interviewers were friendly and managed time appropriately. It was a pleasant and professional experience. The interviewing style was different than most other companies in my experience, they are looking for real life examples and not just theoretical "what would you do" type of questions.

Materials Management Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Springfield, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Situational questions with a two person interview. Really wanted to see how you would handle different situations. I was told if interviewers were writing a lot the interview was going well. Interviews also made you feel comfortable. Ended up killing the interviews and received a offer for the job.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lis, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lis, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. They mainly asked about items on my resume. The asked a couple problem solving and behavioral questions, but no preparation was necessary for those questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Springfield, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. I received a phone informational interview about 1 week after applying and an invitation for an on sight interview 1.5 weeks following. So about a 2.5 week process. The interviewer met me in the lobby looking very unprofessional. She mentioned they only dress professionally when customers are visiting (I guess I was chop liver). She was friendly but could not find the proper interview location. The other interviewers on the panel trickled in and were very distracted and showed little interest in the interview. They seemed very scattered and disjointed as a whole. The facility was run down, old, in middle of literally NO WHERE. The pay for the position was sub par. They are looking for hard laborers not analytical engineers going by the interview questions. I was not impressed, totally disengaged and checked out a quarter of the way into the interview. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work on a difficult project, how did you handle it, what was the outcome and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall the process took about a month. A phone interview with the hiring manager to describe your interest in the position. A week later, another phone interview with the engineer manager. Then finally an onsite interview with two engineers.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time, that despite all the odds, you were able to overcome the challenge. What were the results? What did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the process you start and finish a project.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter. Phone interview with manager, followed by a face to face in Lisle, used the star method of interviewing. Very laid back and fun experience. Campus is amazing.