Navistar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Wheaton, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process included going over educational background including courses and performance. Additionally, it included going over interests, strengths, career goals and understanding of the position. The interview process only lasted one day. I met with several of the staff counsel, all of whom had different questions. However, none of the individual interviews lasted very long. The interview was also very conversational and not intimidating. I found it to be a pleasant experience and not much unlike other legal positions to which I have applied.

Interview Questions

• What has been your favorite subject in law school thus far?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Navistar in May 2011.

Interview

Usually you will be interviewed by multiple people. First it is a big group then narrow to small group. Sometimes it becomes a little challenge since you have to face various questions from different people. Each person's perception is different. So you need to make sure everyone will accept you.

Interview Questions

• You have a production push on Saturday and meanwhile your wife needs you to take kids to an activity. What would you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Navistar.

Interview

Over the phone interview first then face to face. Answer the actual interview questions in the star method and it will go well. Don't expect eye contact or reassurance on your responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had too much to do and were unable to complete all of your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Takes a long time and you need to be persistent with what you want and need.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

It was an online recorded interview first (no interviewer, all standard questions) and then a phone interview. The interviewer rushed into technical questions about testing (sounded like they were in short of people). Unfortunately, I didn't have too much experience in testing.

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Urbana, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Short questionnaire at campus career fair - which was very friendly and casual and exploring my past work in school; and then online video interview where they sent me a webcam and they asked me personality based questions

Interview Questions

• Challenging situation, favorite class, career goals, engine knowledge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navistar (Springfield, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got video screen invitation. Video screening was virtual, no live interviewer. Basic behavourial questions. No communication for 2.5 months. Finally I contacted HR only to get a reject. Absolute lack of communication from the company. Very unprofessional. They dont care about the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why Navistar, Why this major, favourite class, accomplishments, strengths   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

I was first called by one of the HR people and scheduled for a video interview. Performed a video questionnaire and then was scheduled for a live video interview with the team I would be working with. After the live video interview I received a call saying I received the position and their offer. After all that I had to have a hair follicle drug test performed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Extensive. They have a mixer which I thought was creepy. They have everyone meet and they offer wine and beer and then they watch you to see how you interact. Then the next day you meet we two sets of people. The first set of people ask you questions regarding a case study and the second set of people ask you behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Educational Questions: All about CASH. They want to know how Navistar can maintain a large amount of cash flow so it looks good to creditors/investors. How would you do this? Probably bc Navistar lost all their government contracts and hasn't shown a profit in a few years ....yikes.

Behavioral: All based on LEADERSHIP. They want to see if you are confident. Its all a joke. I know of the people employed here and I am AMAZED with how this company is still afloat. Basically they want to know you perform in certain scenarios.   1 Answer

accepted offer elsewhere.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navistar in February 2014.

Interview

My interview screening was on the computer through a webcam. It was a pretty uncomfortable process. A video appeared on the screen of someone asking a question and then you had a three second countdown to where you had to video record your answer.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions. Example: Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone screen and then face-to-face interview with hiring manager and another team member; notified by HR of outcome and offer. Given a reasonable amount of time to review offer and accept. Accepted offer and started within 2 weeks.