Navistar Interview Questions in Lisle, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.8

Data Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 people in person and another via the phone. The interview didn't take place until about 15 minutes after the scheduled time since they were running late due to them jam packing the interviews in a day or in a certain timeframe. Asked a handful of situational questions. This was a temp job to last until Halloween. Never got a courtesy notice regarding if I got the position or not, not that I'm surprised these days from companies.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

Very good. Very nice people. 3 Onsite interviews on the same day. The offer was not very good considering the living cost in Lisle and my experience. They do product development of the entire line of trucks and the testing facility is about 35 minutes away in Mel Rose park.

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position in January 2016. Finally heard from an internal recruiter in late March. An in-person interview was scheduled with two team members, which featured situational and other standard questions. Followed up after two weeks of not hearing anything. No news. This went on for two more months until they informed me that the role would be changing. Nearly seven months passed from the time I applied to the day I was informed the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO of XX company, what would you do differently and why?   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the company to set up a first round Skype interview. The first interview was fairly easy. They asked two behavioral questions and one technical question on how the financial statements relate to each other. I then got a call within 30 minutes after the first interview to schedule a second round. The second round interview was a little bit more intense, but was still fairly easy. It was a four hour process with a mixer in the morning, a 45 minute behavioral interview and a case study which dealt with forecasting and net working capital.

Interview Questions

• A series of basic behviorial questions
      How do all of the financial statements relate to each other
      Case study on net working capital and forecasting
      Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Company uses STAR technique: Situation, Task, Action, Result and what have you learned from it. Basically there would be 2-3 people taking turns and asking you a bunch of questions all in STAR format. When HR person called me to schedule an interview, I was informed in detail about this interview style and what I need to prepare to get ready.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time you did something that went well beyond expectations.   Answer Question

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview conducted in a chat room. There were 2-3 behavioral questions and 2 technical questions about the relations of the financial statements. Another one was what statements/ratios I use when looking to invest in a company.

Interview Questions

• What do the financial statements have in common?
      What financial statements/ratios do you use when looking to investing in a company?
      Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I connected with the company at an academic career fair and was offered a pre-screen interview the next day. After that, I was contacted about an on-site interview in Lisle and went a week or two later. The on-site included dinner the night before and a tour of the facility along with three interviews with different teams of two people. They took three weeks between interview and offer, which is way to long for a company of that size.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

The whole interview process is completely structured with behavioral interview questions. Each person will go through a series of similar questions. Be ready to give multiple business applicable answers. You start with a phone screen, then a panel, and then a one on one. Pretty involved process, but also pretty standard.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Extensive. They have a mixer which I thought was creepy. They have everyone meet and they offer wine and beer and then they watch you to see how you interact. Then the next day you meet we two sets of people. The first set of people ask you questions regarding a case study and the second set of people ask you behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Educational Questions: All about CASH. They want to know how Navistar can maintain a large amount of cash flow so it looks good to creditors/investors. How would you do this? Probably bc Navistar lost all their government contracts and hasn't shown a profit in a few years ....yikes.

Behavioral: All based on LEADERSHIP. They want to see if you are confident. Its all a joke. I know of the people employed here and I am AMAZED with how this company is still afloat. Basically they want to know you perform in certain scenarios.
      1 Answer

accepted offer elsewhere.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

While I believe most applicants have a phone screening, my process moved directly to an in-person interview. The process was very straightforward. I was interviewed by three people for a little over an hour. I was asked standard behavioral interview questions ("describe a time when...") and standard STAR-format answers were more than sufficient.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to combine different data sets. What was the context and what tools did you use?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had too few tasks to fill your time at work? How did you handle it?   Answer Question