Navistar Interview Questions in Melrose Park, IL | Glassdoor

Navistar Interview Questions in Melrose Park, IL

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The whole experience was a waste of time. The plant is literally 1 MM square feet and I arbitrarily walked through mediocre laboratories which didn't have any happy employees. The interview was full of situational-based questions, but what it all comes down to is that they want you to be a nerd who has worked on engines their entire life.

Interview Questions

• You're in a lab, something goes wrong, and nobody is around, what do you do?   Answer Question

Engine Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted in January for the position and was a current employee of the company at a seperate location. In February there was a phone interview, followed by a in person panel interview, which Navistar paid for my airfare.

Interview Questions

• Very typical STAR interview. Unexpected question -"when was a time that you were stopped in your tracks, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

I intially accepted the offer and then had to go back on my acceptance, after being offered a better paying job a a different company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a group of 3 interviewers, which were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They introduced themselves and their role in the company. They then examined my resume and proceeded with Behavioral questions. If you want to interview with them, practice some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a moment in your life (school, work, personal, etc) that you failed at something?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager after applying online. I had a phone interview when he called and he asked about my skills and interests. He said he would contact me again in a few days to set up an interview. He never called so I called him and we arranged to have my fly out for an interview. I flew to Chicago, had the interview the same day which lasted about 1.5 hours and flew home. I was contacted at the end of the next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a plan for a difficult project and how did it turn out and what did you learn   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to change your interpersonal savvy   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screening with in-house company recruiter followed by in person interview. Interview consisted of a series of 6 behavior questions over the course of an hour. Question format was typical of behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions were textbook examples of those found on the internet for behavioral type interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation room was very limited. No major change in salary or benefits.

International Business Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Initially, I applied to Navistar through my university career connections site. It took a while (about a month) for Navistar HR to contact me. I first had a phone interview, and then I had an in-person second round with several employees.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with ambiguous information in a job, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Diagnostics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

sat down with my boss and his boss ( was late), talked for an hour or so, called me back the next day and told me they would be sending an offer my way by monday.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to disagree with your boss about something that was unethical   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them a number and they matched it

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview was straight out of college for a rotational program and was primarily behavioral. There were a few engineering related questions but most revolved around leadership issues and project related issues.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little negotiation, partially because they offered more than I expected and partially because Navistar was not negotiating at the time.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Relatively easy interview. Initial interview portion was a panel interview with questions more pertaining to my experience rather than typical "tell us about a time when you _______." After answering a few questions they really began showing me around the place as if I already accepted the offer and was planning to start the next day. I was extended an offer a few days later, but declined after my current employer intervened and gave me a counter offer to stay with them.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in November 2008.

Interview

The interview process is very formalized. You need to build a connection with the managers as a cultural/personality fit is really important as well as a proper technical fit.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is room for negotiation.