Navistar Product Development Engineer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Navistar Product Development Engineer Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted through one of their internal recruiters about the position. Quick phone interview with recruiter just to cover my experience and make sure I was qualified for the position at hand. Offered an in person interview and sat with the team lead, department lead, and department director at once. Interview went smooth, definitely caught me off guard with a couple questions, but they were just being thorough. Was offered the position but turned it down to a discrepancy between recruiters advertised salary (what i was looking for) and final offer salary (no increase from my current position). Overall a good and painless exercise and would consider the opportunity to interview for another position with them in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why I am considering the move from my current employer? Why was I choosing to make the move to Navistar?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Navistar

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

Very good. Very nice people. 3 Onsite interviews on the same day. The offer was not very good considering the living cost in Lisle and my experience. They do product development of the entire line of trucks and the testing facility is about 35 minutes away in Mel Rose park.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The whole experience was a waste of time. The plant is literally 1 MM square feet and I arbitrarily walked through mediocre laboratories which didn't have any happy employees. The interview was full of situational-based questions, but what it all comes down to is that they want you to be a nerd who has worked on engines their entire life.

Interview Questions

• You're in a lab, something goes wrong, and nobody is around, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I connected with the company at an academic career fair and was offered a pre-screen interview the next day. After that, I was contacted about an on-site interview in Lisle and went a week or two later. The on-site included dinner the night before and a tour of the facility along with three interviews with different teams of two people. They took three weeks between interview and offer, which is way to long for a company of that size.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navistar (Chicago, IL).

Interview

straightforward questions from the resume .do thorough research on what is listed in your resume. they do not ask anything outside of it

Negotiation

if you are from an good university , they will entertain negotiations on salary and sign on bonus

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL).

Interview

The usual. Will get back to you whenever.

Interview Questions

• None the bar for all jobs are so low the only difficult thing is dealing with it. When you see positive attitudes on the job position for a professional career thats a red flag to the environment of the place. Also dealing with ambiguity translates to everything is such a mess inside you most likely won't be able get anything because of it. Ambiguity here is not what ambiguity is else where. Think of it like this. You want water. Seems very basic and simple go to the drinking fountain. Here you have to find a shovel, start digging holes looking for water, then install the pump to the well, run the plumbing, install the fountain, then get your water. Translate that to your daily work and you can understand how bad even the simpliest task are. This will be for every task, not just the usual onezeezzzz twozeeezzzz people mean when they say we have that at our workplace. Its everything, this translates to why the quality is so bad. Also failed forced joint outsourcing to India really makes things worse.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight forward. Take this or leave, you maybe able to get another $3k. Primarily because they won't have anyone else for the job. Also they try to outsource jobs left and right claiming can't find an american. Really you can't find an american industrial engineer looking for work?????

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR for phone interview. Phone interview was about 1/2 hr with basic behavior questions and asking if I was interested in the job description. Phone interview was with HR. About 1 week later asked if they could interview me in person. Schedule for 2 weeks later, probably took longer as they had to schedule to fly me out from MA. In person interview was suppose to be with 3 but ended up as 1 who would have been my direct manager. Asked 3 behavioral questions that she said were required by HR, she let me pick the 3 off her sheet and answered them quickly, She was more interested in how real life experience and project work could translate to what she told me in detail about the position. Ended up talking experience casually for about 45 min when the next candidate came in. HR called me two weeks later and said offer was pending due to some issues with the company overall my position got axed with about 1000+ others,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a group of 3 interviewers, which were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They introduced themselves and their role in the company. They then examined my resume and proceeded with Behavioral questions. If you want to interview with them, practice some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a moment in your life (school, work, personal, etc) that you failed at something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Lisle, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Two engineering managers interviewed me individually. This is not even normal for Navistar because I was hired with a group of roughly 200+ engineers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Do not be afraid to ask for a starting bonus and relocation bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navistar (Melrose Park, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screening with in-house company recruiter followed by in person interview. Interview consisted of a series of 6 behavior questions over the course of an hour. Question format was typical of behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions were textbook examples of those found on the internet for behavioral type interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation room was very limited. No major change in salary or benefits.