Navistar Interview Questions in Warrenville, IL | Glassdoor

3.4

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

Questions are asked by a panel and responses are requested in a STAR (Describe the Situation or task, Actions you took, Results from those actions and what you learned) format. Question topics included Negotiation, Communication, Organizational Agility, Customer Focus and Comfort around Higher Management. You may have a phone screen followed by an onsite interview with a panel of managers and peers. If they are interested in you, the next phase is to meet with several of their directors and that was one at a time for me. So meeting with the directors required several return trips to their facility. For me it was a total of four trips before an offer was given and negotiating started. From start to finish the process was more than 3 months until a final agreement was achieved.

Interview Questions

• What types of negotiating skills have you used? Describe a time when you used one of these techniques. From whom did you learn these skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is very long and tedious. They like immediate responses from you but may take weeks or even a month to respond to you. I feel it expected of you to negotiate, however, and looked down upon if you don't.

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Really easy. Phone interview and video phone interview, then it came the offer one month later... I interviewed with different program managers, and they call me one month later over the phone and made me the final offer. A really easy process...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Behavioral questions and very few questions about background or previous experience. That information was vetted in the formal phone interview prior to coming in for interview. Interview was with 3 separate people not within the group I ended up working in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were told you did something wrong.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The first contact was a phone call from HR with a follow-up/confirmation via email.
    The actual interview was with the dept manager and director - - 2 on 1. They both brought beverages into the small conference room, did not offer me a beverage nor did they offer to take my coat or a place to hang it up. The mgr said nothing while the director peppered me with questions for almost an hour, giving me no opportunity to ask questions of my own when the mgr declared time was up. Some of the questions were relating to a position I held 25 years ago (when the director was in grammar school). It was either a test of my memory or an exercise in humiliation.
    It was made emphatically clear that I was to wait for further contact from HR (read: don't call us, we'll call you).
    This is Navistar's m.o.
    Four gallons of gas, $6 in tolls and 3 hours of my life wasted on rude people. My theory is if an employer doesn't treat you well as an interviewee when they're trying to woo you, it certainly won't treat you well as an employee.

Interview Questions

• Neither the mgr nor the director had been with Navistar long enough to be entrenched in the STAR method, so the questions asked were just the usual.   Answer Question

Staff Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with about five people. Lots of questions. Mostly canned interview questions. They seemed very interested in my past employment and how well I got along with others, to find out if I would get along with co-workers, it seemed like fair questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an ideal company with great customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took a while. They didn't want to pay me what I wanted. Lots of back and forth.

Sales Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

1 Hour with two HR reps asking me alternating questions. All behavioral questions. Left me little time to ask about the position and zero feedback afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where there was a dysfunctional group dynamic and you overcame the situation   Answer Question

Organizational Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

This was a contract - temp position. Was interviewed by 3 managers over dinner. Was not a very good interview location since it was in public and very hard to hear everyone at the table. I felt early during the interview that this position was not a good fit for me since the job pertained to a major re-organizational shift in which the company was going to be laying off 1000's of employees and outsourcing their IT and operations groups to a 3rd party supplier and the employees in these 2 groups have already been notified and that there is alot of unrest and anger over managements decision. I was not selected for the position which is probably for the best considering the situation and current organizational climate/culture.

Interview Questions

• If you requested something from someone and were not getting any response, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied on line and then contacted the HR director, who connected me to the HR person for the Supply Chain Dept.
    1) Be prepared to answer Behavioral type interview questions
    2) Only answer in the sequence below
    What - was the issue
    How- did you work through it
    What did you learn

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go to your boss with bad news?   1 Answer

The culture was ultra conservative

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

Behavioral-based interviews. First a phone interview with recruiter/HR then with direct manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes there was some room to move on salary. Not much else.

Inventory Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navistar (Warrenville, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

Navistar uses Lominger Core Competencies when interviewing. Research these competencies and be prepared to indicate a specific situation or task that demonstrates that competency, how you handled the situation, and the result of your actions to remedy the situation/problem you're describing.

Interviews are conducted by multiple managers (as few as 3 and as many as 4 in my experience) and questions are asked round robin by the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• There isn't really a specific question that is difficult or unexpected (especially if you research the Lominger Core Competencies before the interview process) but if the core competency you're being asked about does not really pertain to your career history coming up with a specific example for that core competency can be difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was called by HR with an offer and told an offer letter would be sent along with a drug screening kit and instructions for the drug screening/background check. Upon completion of the drug screening and background check I was called by my new manager to arrange a start date. Orientation lasted most of the first day of employment. I believe orientation sessions are only offered on certain days so if you don't start on one of those days you may not get orientation until your 2nd or 3rd day of employment.