Navy Exchange Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Great Lakes, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Great Lakes, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I went for a job fair for a sales associate position, I was desperate for a job after recently graduating college, and got recommended to apply for the supervisor position based on past experience. I thought it would be a better situation but it sucked. They brought me in a room with five people and I interview. I was used to a panel interview so it was no big deal.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time where you came across a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Navy Exchange

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was very simple. Applied online took about a week for me to get an interview. I interviewed with two people. They then called a couple days later and offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Short and concise, interesting and informative. Questions about what I would do if a customer was rude to me. How is would deliver excellent customer service on a consistent basis. Ticketing, markdowns, counting, stocking, selling, special orders, etc.

Interview Questions

• What could I offer this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Wonderful and inviting. My FORMER manager (whom left after a year of me being there) was very lovely. She made me feel comfortable, as if I was talking to a friend. The interview lasted about an hour. I was given a tour of the store, I was informed of the policies, and what days we would have shipments. I was treated very respectfully.

Interview Questions

• What are some things I can do to help enhance the workplace.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview

I was hired through their mass hiring process where the marketing personnel asked me about my experience in retail and he just forwarded me to the manager he thought was deemed appropriate to handle my interview. Not very thorough I must say but I guess they were just looking for people to fill in their staffing right away.

Anonymous Employee in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Bremerton, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

It was seasonal job. For christmas, the interview was through Work Source a job agency. There were eighty to ninety people that showed up. Take a number and wait your turn. everyone was friendly and it made the long wait easier.

Interview Questions

• Mrs. Angel asked me why did i want to work for the Navy Exchange?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Annapolis, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

No issues, the interview process wasn't bad at all. I answered all questions to the best of my knowledge and got hired on the spot. It was frustrating to have my interview date changed but no big deal, it happnens. They should however warn people that you won't be working in the actual area you're told all time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navy Exchange in November 2008.

Interview

I was given a one on one interview with the department manager. She wanted to know my current goals as far as school and work and all that. She asked me several "What if.." and "What would you do..." questions and she wanted me to explain some problematic scenarios I have dealt with from previous jobs. She wanted to know my availabilty and my school schedule to make sure I can fit work in there. The interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. I got a call back within a few days saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Explain a scenario from a previous job when a customer caused a problem and there wasn't a manager around to solve it. How did you take care of the situation?   Answer Question