Navy Federal Credit Union Account Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Navy Federal Credit Union Account Specialist Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Took an online assessment at the job location. Had a one on one interview with a recruiter. They did pull credit report, but will work with you credit issues if you have any. You just have to show proof prior to starting your employment that you are working on solutions to those issues.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question to me was what are my weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I really didn't try to negotiate. They made me an offer of employment and told me what the position would pay, and I accepted the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. Emailed a recruiter, they replied the same day with an interview scheduled 2 or 3 days from then. At the interview, they asked you the generic "how would you be an asset to the company" "why should we choose you", type of questions.

Account Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Vienna, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

- There is an online interview which is quick personal questions and understanding what the job will require of you.
    - Then there is a virtual interview where you simulate what it will be like working in the contact center. This is about avoiding disclosing of member information and using logic about what a member wants and what to do in order to solve their problems.
    - Finally, there is an one-on-one which goes through classic behavioral questions, and determines whether you would be a good fit at the company.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge working at a place?
      What did you do when you disagreed with someone at work?   Answer Question

Account Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was exactly what I had expected. Very detailed and professional.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online in July and a few weeks later received an email to take a skills test. The skills test was an online virtual office type of thing that asked how would you respond to this situation etc. It also asked math questions involving percentages and things like that. I passed it and I'm not very good at math, so it wasn't too difficult of a test. I waited for months hearing nothing back until September when they called me for an interview. They did a pre-interview over the phone asking basic questions and going over what the job entails. They asked me to come in for an interview and so I did the very next day.

I found it neat that you cannot get in or out of the main facility without an ID badge, which makes me feel more secure. There is a lobby in the front and there were two security guards at the front desk. I was taken to the interview room by the HR recruiter and she looked over the paperwork I had to fill out. The paperwork was mostly generic interview questions that required short answers. She left and my actual interviewer came in. I would say the interview was 20 minutes tops, and it was relatively easy. The questions were the same you'd expect at any other interview. The only question that threw me off was "When was a time you had to communicate differently to a person in order to get what you wanted?" But if you can't think of something, make something up!

After the interview, she went over the history of the company and some basic information about it. She went over the benefits and bonuses. She didn't tell me what my salary would be at that time. The interview was pretty laid back and I felt comfortable talking with her.

I got a call the next week saying they were considering me as a candidate, but it could take a while to actually get hired and start the training. My interview was in September, and they called me in October to let me know that I will finally be starting my training in November. My base pay will be $29,500 a year, not including bonuses, holiday pay, evening pay, and weekend pay. They also let you choose which shift you want out of a few. You can work Sunday through Friday, with Saturday off and a random weekday, or you can work Monday through Saturday and have Sunday off and a random weekday. The shifts they offered me were 3pm to 12am, 5pm to 2am, or 5am to 2pm. I'm sure there are more shifts, but this is just what was offered to me.

The hiring process took a really long time, but it's worth it!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your normal way of communication wasn't working and what you did to change it.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in April 2010.

Interview

Had first interview with HR and an assessment on the first day, second interview with supervisor the next day, was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work in close proximity with a difficult co-worker, why were they difficult, and would you work with them again.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked if there were later shifts, took latest available from 3pm to 12am, came with guaranteed Sun/Mon off.