Navy Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.7

Member Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Winchester, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Received an online assessment, was called to discuss resume, she then scheduled an interview, interview was easy -behavioral questions and technological skills on a computer as the interviewers instructed what they wanted you to do. Was not offered a job at the interview, but was told I would be contacted if yes or no in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were unsure of how to solve a problem   Answer Question

Member Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Didn't get the job, but will keep.retrying... I've heard it is a great company to work for so I want to be part of their company.
    I have a lot to offer to their company and to the public. I like helping others.

Performance Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview, simple resume review, and answering basic questions. Followed up, with on site Video Conference Interview. More questions with two interviewers, about 30 minutes each, then about a one week review period, until job offer.
    It was odd to have to drive to campus, to do a video interview, it seems like it would have been just as efficient to do the video interview from my own computer.

Anonymous Employee in D'Iberville, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (D'Iberville, MS) in December 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. I applied online, got a call the next day. The interview took place with two people. They took turns asking pretty simple behavior questions. The total interview took 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to change your approach to a customer   Answer Question
    • When faced with a hostile customer, how did you react?   Answer Question

T&L Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I had two interviews, both consisting of behavioral questions...a week later I was notified that I was chosen pending the background and credit check. If you have things on your credit report, they will work with you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person, and how did you handle the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are open to negotiations, but the salary offered was higher than what I requested, so I didn't negotiate. Also, you get a Christmas and annual bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I did the application and received an assessment a few days later after the assessment I was called for an interview about a week later. After I left the interview about a hour later I got a email that they was doing the background check and about 2 hrs later the recruiter called and said everything went great and that I passed the credit check and im just waiting on a schedule

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Interview

After completing the online application you receive an email to take an assessment that consists of two live phone call questions and multiple online questing to do with the job. You go through one in person meeting with recruiter to discuss about the position and one extensive interview with two supervisors asking situational questions. After that you have one last meeting for security clearance and background. Took about a month to get through hiring process and then the start date wasn't for another month and half after being hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans with navy federal if offered a position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate if you want to they won't be upset. I was happy with the pay offered since it was substantially above the minimum pay for the position, so I accepted with no negotiations.

Msr Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and I took an assessment with hypothetical banking type questions. Some were focused on actual monetary transactions, others were handling difficult situations. The interviewers asked random "how would you react" situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to make a hard decision   Answer Question

Delinquency Control Counselor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Applied online then took the online assessment 2 days later. I got called in for an interview the following week. I was told the interview went well a couple of days afterwards. I was offered the job about a month later.

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty easy..They asked behavioral questions.They were very nice and want you to ask questions at the end of the interview. I took control and did the best I could.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you helped a customer when it was their own fault?   Answer Question