Navy Federal Credit Union Member Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Navy Federal Credit Union Member Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Norfolk, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through website. Was asked to take a simulated online test (lasts between 45-60 min). Questions included bunch of financial transactions and customer service related questions. Total of 6 sessions. Each session has multiple questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate this session based on the following scenario?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Navy Federal Credit Union

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Applied online, received notification to take assessment about 2 days later, phone call for interview 1 month later. The interview was with two people and they asked situational questions only. Make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork and to showcase that you really want the job. Haven't received an offer yet, but they said they will let me know in a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Sell this paper clip to me.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you didn't have the skill set to complete an assignment at your former job.   Answer Question
    • Time where you went over and beyond?   Answer Question
    • Time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

I applied online and was sent an online assessment a few days later. I got an interview a few days after completing the assessment. They asked typical job interview questions to gauge your personality and the way that you handle conflicts on the job.

Interview Questions

• Why should I buy this pen over this pencil?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in D'Iberville, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (D'Iberville, MS) in December 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. I applied online, got a call the next day. The interview took place with two people. They took turns asking pretty simple behavior questions. The total interview took 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to change your approach to a customer   Answer Question
    • When faced with a hostile customer, how did you react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I did the application and received an assessment a few days later after the assessment I was called for an interview about a week later. After I left the interview about a hour later I got a email that they was doing the background check and about 2 hrs later the recruiter called and said everything went great and that I passed the credit check and im just waiting on a schedule

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty easy..They asked behavioral questions.They were very nice and want you to ask questions at the end of the interview. I took control and did the best I could.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you helped a customer when it was their own fault?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Winchester, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was quick. Had to do an online test then was set up with a one on one interview. It happened to be on the same day as a job fair so I was interviewed by two different people. Less than a week later got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you do with a disgruntled customer?   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

They were very nice and laid back. Asked questions that weren't too difficult to answer and there didn't seem to be any right or wrong way to answer, but maybe they're looking for something specific in your answers. Seems like a long process, Haven't heard anything from them as of yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a situation that was the customers own fault.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Pendleton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Camp Pendleton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got an email for an online assessment the next day and completed it. (There were no phone questions like others have mentioned.) Got a call about a week later from the manager at local branch and scheduled an interview for a couple days later. Went in and sat with two managers. They were both kind and professional. Went over my resume and then asked me five "describe a time when" questions. By the end of the interview things had relaxed and we were laughing and enjoying ourselves. I still have about a week to wait to hear if I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Winchester, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Online I applied and got an email in regards to an online assessment which is a simulation of the job you're applying for (which took approx 45 min- could be sooner if you finish the calls before 45 min is over) then you have 2 over the phone interviews, which I thought I bombed.
    Took about 3 weeks and I got a call for an interview. Set up an interview for the following week and the interview took about 45 min +. They were super laid back, honestly the best interview I had ever. Then the very next day I received a call to check my email to do background checks and social media checks as well as to pretty much be who you say you are. She said it takes a few weeks to hear back, so I got the email today as well as the phone call that my interview went well, so hopefully I'll hear soon.
    Either way, it was a painless interview. Don't believe everything you read on here.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an angry customer, how did you help them?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when someone needed help with a product they knew nothing about, and how did you sell it to them?   Answer Question