Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services

Sort:

Case Worker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview

The interview process has an over the phone and in person interview. The in person interview has multiple people. Then at some point they get back to you about if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation you were in and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Children and Family Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (Lincoln, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview in which they asked standard questions about dealing with stressful situations and past experience in working with child welfare. I was called back in for an in-person interview a week later. the in person interview was about an hour long with two interviewers from the department. They again asked about organizational skills and times in the past I had worked with children and stressful situations. I was offered the job a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in the past you dealt with a significant amount of stress and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Children and Family Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (Lincoln, NE) in March 2011.

Interview

They will call you for an interview and take you through a series of questions which they will score. Depending on how many people interview you will get the job if you score high enough.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a youth that had problems but is Native American but wanted to attend a pow wow where other youth would be there but it might cause a problem?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services in June 2018.

Interview

Normally, people come into the office location they're applying to. Mine was a phone interview. They had three people alternate asking a series of 10 or so questions. The whole phone interview from start to finish took approximately 20 minutes. It was a mix of questions about work experience & personality test questions (i.e., how you as a person approach things). They would ask a question only once & then you could answer it right on the spot or choose to pass & save it for the end to come back to.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your greatest strengths & weaknesses are?   1 Answer