Nebraska Furniture Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nebraska Furniture Mart

2.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Colony, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nebraska Furniture Mart (The Colony, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Submit online application and received email 1 week later to attend the hiring event at the new store location before it open. Had interview with 2 interviewers asked some situations of customer services how would i handle it basic on my past experiences. Got offer PT position on the spot and finished background check and drug screen with 2 days.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nebraska Furniture Mart (The Colony, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Store was opening, so they had a massive job fair. Interview was quick. I believe there was poor planning on how much staffing and especially scheduling which was not fully explained in interview. This led to a huge turnover that unbelievably is still not fixed.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies and favorite things you like to do with your family   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nebraska Furniture Mart (Omaha, NE) in June 2018.

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. They ask mostly for examples of specific situations and scenarios. However, they almost always know who they want for the job before they even post it (internal transfers only). Management interviews are long, so it ends up being a total waste of time if they already have someone chosen.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes getting employees to work efficiently is difficult. Give me an example of a time you thought you were guiding an employee in the right direction, but failed.   Answer Question

Floor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nebraska Furniture Mart (Frisco, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

It is unfortunately that you still have discrimination going on in 2014. But here goes. I went to two different job fair hiring sessions. I applied to 4 different position of which i am qualified for.. I am a seasoned Sales Manager who was looking to apply and start a new career with NFM. Every person I talk to during the steps was trying to steer me away from applying to be a manager which has a base pay of 43k. They repeatedly recommended me to be a sales person on the floor saying it will pay more. I also was told that there were no more management positions available which was far from the truth. And also was told you have to take this long test to even be considered. My thoughts where lady not sure what African Americans you are used to but this one is not dumb. I past the test by the way. This was to much and it was almost a written rule as if they did not want any African Americans in these positions. Have some documentation and a consultant who is closely watching the situation. Not sure if this just happen to me or if there are several other minority's in management who are not given a shot at being a manager but good enough for the straight commission job. Waiting to get interviews 3 other White applicants where after me where put in front of me during the process to be interviewed. I saw a women pull someone aside and he then came to get me and the interview process was a joke and so unprofessional I mean I could tell the guy was just killing time. Talking about sports other stuff and repeatedly asked questions about bad situations like that were all negative. No questions about the success in my jobs only negative. Again in the middle of the interview he started talking about 100% commission sales position while we were suppose to be interviewing for the management positions. Got the we passe on you and choose a better candidate email again. I hope you all get it fixed quick as if this is the way the company is ran I wonder how many people in Nebraska are going or have been through the same. Awaiting the opening day so we can evaluate the ratio.

Interview Questions

• You should be a sales guy on the sales floor they make a lot of money. Look at this commission plan   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nebraska Furniture Mart (Kansas City, KS) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant, boiler plate really, butI was given unrealistic expectations, no one is watching older sales people advance. I was led to believe it was a level playing field.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was them telling what they pay, take it or leave it.

Furniture Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Interview

Hiring and interviewing process was very easy and relaxed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was not part of the process.

Furniture Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Interview

There were two interviews. one with the human resources office and the second with the manager of the department that i applied for. The first was a STAR interview (name a time when...) there were about 15 of those questions. The second inter view with the department manger was a little more about the job and assessing my skills. (they will train you, just show you can learn)

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had an issue with a manager. What did you do?   Answer Question

Furniture Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nebraska Furniture Mart (Kansas City, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with human resources, then multiple tests in human resources all in the same day, in person interview with human resources on a different day, then finally an interview and sales demonstration with management

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nebraska Furniture Mart (Omaha, NE).

Interview

After you apply, you take an aptitude test followed by interview with HR. If they like you then you are interviewed by your sales manager. The sales manager will do a "Targeted Selection" interview where they will ask you to recall a situation, followed by the action that you took as well as the outcome. They are looking for specifics and not hypotheticals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where a supervisor or peer asked you to do something you didn't think was right? What did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nebraska Furniture Mart (The Colony, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

you need to take a test to see if you qualify for an Interview. That test is important so make sure that you remember your answers because they will ask the same question 5 different ways to see if your consistent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer? what did you do?   Answer Question