Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Application available online via company website (it was long); I was contacted next day with info on scheduled phone interview. The phone interview rep gave ALL information about what would happen next and the requirements for the role. She answered all my questions. I took several assessments prior to the phone interview, they were SAT based and are difficult to most.

Interview Questions

• Questions they ask dependent on how your scored on the assessments. If you scored low in math section, they will many math questions to gauge competency. They give a couple customer service related scenarios and require your thought/answer. I would recommend the STAR format when answering.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set rate for this particular position (performance based).

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America in January 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with HR people. Then an in-office interview with the local manager. All very nice people. I also had to take a couple of personality and sales tests, including some basic math questions.

Interview Questions

• What is 'economic justice'?   1 Answer

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America in October 2015.

Interview

Started with attending a workshop. Then an online test while at the face to face. Sat in on an appointment. Had 2nd phone interview. Verbal offer one week later from Rafeal. I submitted my documentation and then never heard back from him. He did not respond to emails, vm, or text messages. After thinking about it, I would not want to work for a company that did not return my calls.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to work for Naca   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Complete online application. The questions are basic background with explanation essay style, it is time intensive. I had a telephone interview with former underwriter in the Southeast region. It was over 1 hour long. STAR style questions. He explained the job, pay structure and system.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware that the pay is $12/hourly and you will not earn commissions for a month or two? What is your experience working with nonprofits? What do you know about NACA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

It took 2 months to happen and was conducted by a young woman who did the interview by phone and was clearly reading a script. The HR department did not get back to me in any fashion at all until I left a message saying I was prepared to move on.

Interview Questions

• the usual, "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" . " Tell me about a time when you felt you handled a really tough situation"......nothing new   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Terms of employment etched in stone.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America.

Interview

Had to be 3 months from applying to getting a call from HR (Ralferal Ramirez). Was set up for a phone interview to be conducted with regional operations director (ROD). ROD called...asked 6 to 7 questions....was asked to have a face to face at local office....met at local office (approx. 5 days later)...semi-professional questions

Negotiation

none. just a base salary

Mortgage Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

long and drawn out as they require licensing to be completed, and out of pocket expense before hiring. Website application submission often unreliable and no prompts or how to info to resolve any issues in submitting application.

Interview Questions

• This is a non profit so buying into the mission is as important as experience. So be prepared to decide if this type of work if for you, or are you needing max cash opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, take it or leave it. They think it is a glorious day to work helping people, which is true. Their representation of compensation possibilities during my tenure were totally unrealistic. I hope it gets better.

Mortgage Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online- very time consuming and detailed application. I followed up and received an email that said I would have a better chance of being hired if I volunteered for them. Nonetheless they called me for an intervew a few months later. I had a phone interview with a Regional Manager who was unabble to answer basic questions about benefits and training. They made me an offer via email that referenced their compensation plan but had no specifics about benefits or reimbursement for education I was expected to obtain. I asked for this and never heard back. After 4 days, and having read numerous negative reviews on glassdoor as well as many many complaints on BBB website, I decliend the offer. Over a week later they sent me the same offer letter in the mail. Very disorganized. Every time I got an email from them I got it 3 times- their email system has some issues so I am wary of the rest of their software systems.

Interview Questions

extremely bad glassdoor reviews, bad reputation among mortgage underwriters and numerous complaints on BBB website.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (Charlotte, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

All applicants must complete an in-depth online application. Selected candidates are scheduled 2 interviews to assess skill and matching company profile. Candidates have the opportunity to describe their skills and work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NACA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate for the position I was applying. However, for other positions, NACA offers relocation assistance and the salary is based on experience

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (Charlotte, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

It was a job fair experience for NACA (foreclosure prevention). I got there at 8:30 and waited about an hour with about 2500 other applicants. We first saw a movie about the company and then Bruce Marks, the founder, spoke briefly about the company and how and why he started it. Then we moved as a group to another room and waited about another hour for a one on one interview. I then left the building and received a phonecall about an hour later to come in for another interview later that same day. I came back at 4:30.This interview was a panel interview of about 10 people by 10 people from NACA. The interview lasted about an hour and a half before Mr Marks had to catch a plane and leave very quickly. I didn't get the job but I wish I had. The people really seemed to enjoy working with each other and to also enjoy what they did. I didn't meet anyone that I felt was unfriendly or unprofessional. There was a very diverse group of people running the show and they all worked well together interviewing and questioning people to start the Charlotte office of NACA.

Interview Questions

• What was your toughest or most difficult job experience?   1 Answer
    • If you were me, what trait or quality would you be looking in filling this position?   1 Answer
    • During the panel interview, the main question asked of each of us was pretty straightforward--If hired as Home Save Team Lead for NACA, what would you bring to the table? How would your presence on the team help NACA with its Mission?   1 Answer