Neighborhood Health Plan of RI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.4

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Neighborhood Health Plan of RI (Smithfield, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a 1 HR session in which I was able to know about position and justify my skills relevant to position and talk more about other details w.r.the company as well.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neighborhood Health Plan of RI (Providence, RI).

Interview

The interview process seemed to go very well until there were weeks of silence and a few unreturned phone calls and emails requesting a follow up. I had 2 rounds of interviews; during the 1st interview, the manager recommended I come in for a second interview with a higher-up. Both interviews went well but, after weeks of silence and unreturned follow up emails and phone calls to HR and the people I interviewed with, I got a call from the manager requesting that I justify my ability to take on the role I applied for (despite having already sent my resume, letter of interest, and having 2 rounds of interviews which all served to answer that exact question). The phone call was extremely unprofessional and uncalled for; at that point in the process, a simple "we have chosen to pursue another candidate" would have been more dignified. Even after the call, the manager had me wait another week for an actual decision and, even then, I had to call the manager for a decision. To add insult to injury, rather than calling me back with a response, the manager passed the task on to HR, who conveniently (and uncharacteristically) called back 5 minutes after I did. The entire process took 2 months. The HR department, despite recruiting me for the position, was not responsive in a timely manner, if at all - most of my follow ups (and there were only a few, with at least a week between each) went unanswered. The people I interviewed with were also unresponsive to follow ups. My overall impression is that the company, at least based on my limited experience of it, is unprofessional and is likely steering talent away. I will definitely not be reapplying to NHPRI until I have reason to believe it is being run more efficiently than it is now.

In summary - unprofessional, unresponsive, waste of time; if you can afford to be picky in where you apply, avoid applying here.

Interview Questions

• Basic - education, skills, experience, interest in position.   Answer Question

Manager of Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neighborhood Health Plan of RI (Providence, RI).

Interview

Interview process had 2 rounds in the beginning was quick to setup 1 level of interview. 2level took forever and finally after hearing positive feedback never heard back from them.

Configuration Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neighborhood Health Plan of RI in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by Adecco, the firm that NHPRI uses to handle its staffing, the next day. The process consisted of an in-person first round interview with the dept. manager and a second round interview with team member and a different department manager. Received an offer two days after second round interview. HR wanted me to decide within 24 hours which I could not do without any benefits information. HR negotiated and only gave me 2 and a half days to decide. Called to decline offer with HR but they did not answer so I left a msg asking for a call back. I tried contacting them several times over the next few days to decline the offer but they were slow and unresponsive. When they got back in touch with me they were still expecting me to accept the offer though I passed the decision deadline by 4 days. HR is a bulldog and I did not like how they handled the situation.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like, "Why did you apply for this position?"   1 Answer

Loved the manager, did not like the team members. HR was really aggressive about wanting a decision in less than 24 hours with NO information on employee benefits and I never received information on what the employee contribution to the health plan was. Met my minimum salary but I received a better offer at a better company elsewhere.

Director Clinical Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Neighborhood Health Plan of RI (Providence, RI) in March 2011.

Interview

This organization has a very extended period for hiring. People are generally hired via network of current emp. Diversity is not extensive and i believe the HR dept plays little to no role in influencing the hiring mgrs. this leaves the dept to exisit as awearhous for filtering resume and little credit given to them for umnderstanding the needs of the business units. This is a very dangerous way to utilize the talent dept.

General Interview Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neighborhood Health Plan of RI.

Interview

It is hard to call anything at NHPRI an "interview" as it is all about who you know and who can get you in the door. The hiring process takes months (literally) and there was no interaction from HR. I can only describe the process as very unusual. The day started off well enough, with a tour of the building and a discussion about the company's mission and direction. Then we went into an office and were followed in by an IT tech who dismantled a computer while we spoke. I was supposed to interview with 3 people, only two showed up. Questions weren't about the role I had applied for or my abilities, rather they were about trying to see if I would fit into one of the roles that was available. There was no follow-up after the interviews, though they were all honest about how disorganized the hiring process was at NHPRI.

Interview Questions

• Which position do you think would be a good fit? What do you want to do?   Answer Question