Neiman Marcus Assistant Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neiman Marcus Assistant Buyer Interview Questions

Interviews at Neiman Marcus

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

On campus recruiting and always lots of candidates. There is a 2 day assessment at HQ with interviews in both an individual and a group setting. A retail math test is required.

Interview Questions

• Group project to test thought process.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

They asked very easy and simple questions about my resume, aspirations, and why I wanted to work for Neiman Marcus. Very laid back interview. No tricky questions. The interview was at Texas A&M University with a college recruiter. I did not get a second interview because I had one more semester left and they only wanted graduating seniors for their interviews at that point in time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the fashion industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

They recruited for the Executive Development Program (EDP) on campus and that was the first part of the process. There is a standard online application with a math skills assessment test at the conclusion which you must pass to continue. The first interviews were conducted locally on campus with the college recruiter, with basic interview and assessment questions. Second round interviews are at the headquarters in Dallas over two days with about 30 other applicants. Day one is more of a meet and greet afternoon/tour of the company. Day two consists of 2-3 formal interviews and a group project/assessment.

Interview Questions

• What concerns do you have in working with store managers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; if you don't take it, the next person will.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Went through the interview process for the executive development program. Since the recruitment process was not through a college, my first interview was a phone interview. Was asked behavioral questions and about resume. After that was invited to a two day interview at their headquarters in Dallas. The first day included a tour of Dallas and a dinner with executives. The second day included two individual interviews, a group project, and a lunch with other assistant buyers. All interviews focused on behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the fashion industry?
      What kind of work environment do you like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Online math test, 2 interviews. You must pass the online math test before being considered for an interview. Then, one interview in college campus. Then another 2 day interview in Dallas. Dallas interview comprised of a dinner, one on one interviews and group interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

intense, but worth it. They send everyone down to Dallas, Texas and put you in a hotel, in order to interview for the EDP program. You also have an onsite drug test. And meet with many people. Overall the process was intense but I appreciated that they wanted the best of the best for the program, as they take the EDP program seriously. It is a prestigious program where you spend a lot of time learning the NM systems, basics of retail math, and assistant buying and merchandise planning 101. You meet with over 3-5 people, and also have a team dinner to make sure you have good social skills.

Interview Questions

• typical questions, what are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, 2k

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

They give you a ridiculous retail mathematics examination which not enough time is given for.

Interview Questions

• The questions became more complex as they wanted you to compare percentages (which you must calculate) comparing different stocks and item numbers within a certain month or year all within one question! on average, the questions take approx 2-3 minutes to thoroughly calculate yet they expect you to provide the right answer in 30 SECONDS! insane!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Easy process, meet with buyer and divisional VP. Not a lot jumping through hoops. Fairly quick about the process, you'll find out quickly if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, they asked the typical interviewing questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. At all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Basically was asked if I was willing to relocate to Texas for a year.
    Also, my goals in 5 and 10 years.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

It's definitely a challenging process but it's designed to be that way to recruit the best candidates for the Executive Development Program. During and after the 12 week program, you get placed in Assistant Buyer positions throughout various areas of the company.

Interview Questions

• I can only speak for the interviews that I had but I carried the weight of the interviews. They really wanted you to talk about your experience or knowledge, then they would chime in with questions.   Answer Question