Neiman Marcus Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

1.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Got called for an interview and went that day. Parking was in a building across the street. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I got the offer during the interview and they wanted me to let them know within three days if I would accept or decline. I wasn't comfortable committing in that short of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Framingham, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was rather easy. Interviewed with 3 people in management on the same day. Everyone was very nice and professional. The same day of the interview was sent an email offering the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Application, document submission and in-person interview. During the in-person time, I met with a manager individually as well as with a group for a short while. Everyone who I met was incredibly warm and gracious and answered questions candidly.

Interview Questions

• Describe what experience in the past makes you the best prepared for the challenges in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Austin, TX).

Interview

Hands down one of the best interviews I've ever had. I interviewed with 3 different people, and they were all incredibly nice. It didn't feel much like an interview which I enjoyed. No hard questions. I would do it all over again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

it was a very easy process. i had to take a drug test and credit check. it was very easy and fun and i really enjoyed working from home and would love to do it agian

Interview Questions

• they asked typical questions that most interviewers ask   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Tampa, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

Nice quick easy ..I had 2 interviews one with the department Manger the other withand an lead of operation. I had to take a drug test within. 24 hour of being ask of I wanted the job

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I didn't like my Co worker   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied to this position online and later that same day got a missed call from them. They did not leave a message, but when I called the number back and found out it was Neiman Marcus I asked to leave a message for H.R. I did not hear back, but since I am very persistent I called back a week later and left another message for H.R. This time she called me back and set up an interview with the Customer Service Manager. The interview went really well, but she said that she would need me to meet with H.R and her direct boss in Loss Profit and they were both unavailable that day. They could not get together to interview me for another week and a half. The interview with the Loss Profit manager and H.R both went very well also. H.R said she would be in touch with me the following week by Thursday. No call on Thursday. I called on Friday, and was offered the position "unofficially" since there is a background, credit and drug test to pass first. I made it aware multiple times throughout the interview process that I had some prior collection accounts on the credit report, but I had documentation to prove that they were settled and paid. A week after I was offered the position, I called HR to see if she had a status on the background and credit check as she said it would take 5 days. No call back. I was out of town that weekend, and when I returned home there was a letter in the mail from the company who completes the credit check. It stated that I had failed. The date on it proved that they had completed this days before I called and left the last message to H.R. I understand the need to check employees credit, but the fact that I wasn't able to prove that I had cleaned up my credit, or that anyone even bothered to call me to tell me I failed, makes me upset. I wasted 4 weeks pursuing this job. I wouldn't suggest applying to Neiman Marcus unless you have perfect credit.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very easy and laid back. There were some of the typical questions, but mostly it was just a conversation between two people. Very comfortable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Coral Gables, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

it was very brief and short, they offered me the position the same day and I excepted. Overall they had me sold, the first day. I was happy and i was ready to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in August 2013.

Interview

After spending hours filling out the application on-line ( I was literally booted off 5 times after completing the entire application and had to start over each time!) I was called a few days later to set up an interview by phone. interviewer called 10 minutes past arranged time, but he was pleasant. I was asked quite a few questions and at the end was told that the interview went well and he was going to go ahead with a background and credit check.

I asked the interviewer if he had read my cover letter, which included the fact that my credit was marred due to an illness (and associated costs) a few years ago. He admitted that he had not and said that if it was up to him he would hire me right away, but that a credit and background check had to be done according to company policy. He said if I didn't pass their criteria regarding the credit check (over a certain amount of unpaid debt, I forget how much) then I would receive a letter in the mail. I told him to go ahead with it, despite my reservations.

A few days later I checked on their website and saw that I had "failed their background screening". Considering I do not have a criminal history, I am assuming this meant their credit check. By law, employers have to notify a job applicant if credit was the reason for their not being considered for a job...but so far no letter in the mail.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer was upset about something and you went above and beyond to help them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Tampa, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy. Met with her team they asked simple questions about previous employment, wanted to know what I knew about the fashion industry. They ask why are you a good fit for the job, why should they hire you and not other canidates. They ask where you see yourself with the company

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the latest fashion trends?   1 Answer