Neiman Marcus Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.7

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Standard. Not particularly wowed but people were friendly and nice. Helpful with relo. That was very nice. Got temp hours sing and no fee sale of my old home and no fee purchase of a new home here in the Dallas, Tx area.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process went well. Everytime they were very polite. The math test was definitely pretty tough. After the math test there was a personality test. The phone interview went really well, they asked a lot of questions related to the company and a few about my experiences. The essay was kind of tough because it required a lot of thinking. The skype interview was where I had trouble. I thought it was going well but towards the end I realized it didn't go as well as I hoped.

Interview Questions

• which 3 words describe you?

Name a time of hardship and how you dealt with it?

Why Neiman Marcus?

Explain your fashion experience.

Where do you want to be in the company in 5 years.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Apply online first. I had two interviews. The first one with the department manager, the second with the store assistant manager. Both within a couple of days of each other.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite designer?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple steps in the process. You start by submitting an application online, then you take a retail math test, if you pass that, you will get a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Asks questions about your experience, leadership style, learning style, future goals, and why you want to work for them. If you pass that, you have to write a 2-page essay responding to a question/problem. After that, you interview with an executive over video or in person.

Interview Questions

• Why Neiman Marcus?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years (work-wise and location-wise)?   1 Answer
    • What do you want from a manager? Ie- how do you learn best?   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, one in person with the marketing manager, one with the director. All of the interviews were brief. The one with the director was a little intimidating. I got the call with an offer a few hours after my final interview. I wish I wouldve pushed for a larger salary. Negotiate.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions, they just want to know that you are qualified and willing to work hard. They aren't trying to throw trick questions at you.   Answer Question

Universal Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. Manager called me for an interview. I had 2 interviews: one with the HR Director, another with the Call Center Manager. I was hired the day after the interview, and started that following Monday.

One thing I will point out is that the Call Center Manager was VERY rude in my interview. She implied that I was lying on my resume.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Application, document submission and in-person interview. During the in-person time, I met with a manager individually as well as with a group for a short while. Everyone who I met was incredibly warm and gracious and answered questions candidly.

Interview Questions

• Describe what experience in the past makes you the best prepared for the challenges in this role?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

On campus recruiting and always lots of candidates. There is a 2 day assessment at HQ with interviews in both an individual and a group setting. A retail math test is required.

Interview Questions

• Group project to test thought process.   1 Answer

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after I applied. I spoke with someone in Human Resources, after a complete background check, I was offered the position of customer care representative.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Face to face with supervisor. If supervisor like you then you meet the manager. Second interview meet director. Director gives you an aptitude test on retail math etc. Human resources does a background check, credit history. Since this is a financial job a poor credit history will disqualify you for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer