Neiman Marcus Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Neiman Marcus Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

2.9

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process went well. Everytime they were very polite. The math test was definitely pretty tough. After the math test there was a personality test. The phone interview went really well, they asked a lot of questions related to the company and a few about my experiences. The essay was kind of tough because it required a lot of thinking. The skype interview was where I had trouble. I thought it was going well but towards the end I realized it didn't go as well as I hoped.

Interview Questions

• which 3 words describe you?

Name a time of hardship and how you dealt with it?

Why Neiman Marcus?

Explain your fashion experience.

Where do you want to be in the company in 5 years.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple steps in the process. You start by submitting an application online, then you take a retail math test, if you pass that, you will get a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Asks questions about your experience, leadership style, learning style, future goals, and why you want to work for them. If you pass that, you have to write a 2-page essay responding to a question/problem. After that, you interview with an executive over video or in person.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Went through the interview process for the executive development program. Since the recruitment process was not through a college, my first interview was a phone interview. Was asked behavioral questions and about resume. After that was invited to a two day interview at their headquarters in Dallas. The first day included a tour of Dallas and a dinner with executives. The second day included two individual interviews, a group project, and a lunch with other assistant buyers. All interviews focused on behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the fashion industry?
      What kind of work environment do you like?
      Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Full day process, multiple interviewers, pleasant interactions with staff. Overall experience was good. Back offices were less elegant than expected, based on store merchandise and high quality customer service.

Interview Questions

• What I know about Retailing.   1 Answer

Corporate Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

online application, personality / skills test, first interview, essay, interview with a business unit

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of? When is a time your priorities changed and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

EDP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

There were two steps in the interview process. The first was an initial interview with the college recruiter on campus. The second round was on site, at the corporate HQ in Dallas. The on-site round consisted of multiple individual interviews and a group project exercise over the course of two days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an innovative idea and how did you implement it? Was it successfull? If so, how?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted two or three weeks later for an initial phone screen with HR. Followed by a second interview with VP two days later. Was told the would be finishing up other interviews, but given good feedback that I was one of the top candidates. Two weeks later, had two back to back interviews, which were pretty basic questions about my background and the company's background.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

They give you a ridiculous retail mathematics examination which not enough time is given for.

Interview Questions

• The questions became more complex as they wanted you to compare percentages (which you must calculate) comparing different stocks and item numbers within a certain month or year all within one question! on average, the questions take approx 2-3 minutes to thoroughly calculate yet they expect you to provide the right answer in 30 SECONDS! insane!   1 Answer

Manager of Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewer did not call at scheduled time.

Neither the interviewer, nor anyone else at the company, called to apologize.

My recruiter was extremely embarrassed and not surprised that I withdrew from the interview process.

I hope Glassdoor publicizes cases like this, they tell you a lot about company culture. Actions like this can be expected in employment as well as afterwards.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Irving, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Email a recruiter from job posting, got a call from an HR to schedule for phone interview with the basic screening questions. Got the in person interview during the call with HR to meet with manager within the next few days. I was there very early and well dressed. The manager, gave me a handshake, water and sat in a presentation room. The interview questions were simple, the manager explain more about the position then ask if I any questions. Gave about 5 out of 10 I had written down about the position. She closed with her business card and told me I would receive a call next week if interested. The next week hr called me back to meet with one of the creative director. Director wanted to know if I did anything for halloween as we walked to the office. The 2nd interview was very quick & brief. Director asked me about two questions, then discuss my experience, talk about the opportunity & if i had any other questions. I then said no, any questions I had were answer. Director apologize for such a late time of the interview and got up then the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions: What are your thoughts about their online site?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any more questions? Caught of guard the second time since I was only ask two questions.   Answer Question