Neiman Marcus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Overall, I had to do a lot of follow-up and leg work to progress through the interview process or get any feedback at all. The communication I did have with NM representatives was great, but I wish that they didn't go AWOL on me, even after I was asked to follow up with them.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process went well. Everytime they were very polite. The math test was definitely pretty tough. After the math test there was a personality test. The phone interview went really well, they asked a lot of questions related to the company and a few about my experiences. The essay was kind of tough because it required a lot of thinking. The skype interview was where I had trouble. I thought it was going well but towards the end I realized it didn't go as well as I hoped.

Interview Questions

• which 3 words describe you?

Name a time of hardship and how you dealt with it?

Why Neiman Marcus?

Explain your fashion experience.

Where do you want to be in the company in 5 years.
      Answer Question

Clerical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Garden City, NY).

Interview

My interviewer did not tell me the location of the interview so I assumed it was at the mall the store is located in and I was wrong. I was not the only interviewee who had this problem so that shows a lack of organization/good verbal communication. That almost made me lose all interest in the job, but I apologized to my interviewer and she was understanding and made sure to call me twice to make sure I knew where the interview was located. When I walked into the office for the interview whoever was at the front desk gave me a dirty look and was snobby which obviously made me want to work there even more. The interview was the longest most intense interview I have ever had. I think it lasted for 1.5 hours. Not even interviews in the actual fashion industry are that intense. She asked a lot of behavioral questions. I guess I did well because when I asked what the next step in the hiring process was she immediately spoke to her boss to have an interview with me. He seemed very unprepared and uninterested. He told me the next step in the hiring process was to have an interview with HR. I haven't heard back since and honestly don't care because the interview process left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• How you respond to me giving you negative feedback on your work?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple steps in the process. You start by submitting an application online, then you take a retail math test, if you pass that, you will get a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Asks questions about your experience, leadership style, learning style, future goals, and why you want to work for them. If you pass that, you have to write a 2-page essay responding to a question/problem. After that, you interview with an executive over video or in person.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2016.

Interview

I had two different people in deferent Upper Executive roles. I was felt at ease, they were transparent issues in department: people, sales and merchandise performance.

I've interview over past three years at multiple Luxury stores in San Francisco, CA. All have either called me back giving me ares to work or have replied to me emails asking for my career and salt development. Some are now mentors, part of my network and still future bosses.

There are been reports written in 3 and 4th quarter 2014 have been written about how we have to visit how we recruit and say no to a candidate for " people benching for manpower strategies.

It's just sad they 100% reflect the brands culture of brands they carry

These brands are carried at Neiman Marcus.

Summer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in December 2015.

Interview

Very fast and brief. Did not make it past the phone screen. I had to complete a retail math test before the phone screen. Simple math questions about margins and markups.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Candidate or job applicant filled out online application with all information filled in on their career website. Next complete an e-test submission from HR contact. If candidate passes, an email will be sent to prospective applicant to complete an e-personality test administered by a third party vendor. If applicant passes the e-test then HR schedules appointment to interview. If applicant did not pass the e-test, then the application is rejected. Then met with HR and interviewed with department manager.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

30 minute interview asking difficult questions about yourself. The questions were about how you would describe yourself and how others would describe you. They asked about 5-10 year plans. They also asked about weaknesses and why I wanted to work for Neiman Marcus.

Interview Questions

• What three words would you use to describe yourself and why   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Glendale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The HR person said I was too assertive. I thought that was odd considering it was a sales position. I had to email and call just to follow up on our conversations about the position and required paperwork. I found the management to be very lackadaisical.

Store Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

A lengthy interview process through recruiters, then phone interviews with Neiman Marcus Human Resources and the hiring manager, then multiple Skype calls with senior managers and a touch base with again with the hiring manager. Everyone I interviewed with was professional, friendly, and passionate about the company. Very impressive.