Neiman Marcus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.6

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I had a total of NINE interviews. I got a call back to each one as well as good feedback. I thought after the 5th one that it was going very well but that this was going to end soon. I got invited back the tenth time and just decided to politely say no as it seemed it was never ending.

Interview Questions

• There are a lot of women here, how are you going to deal with them if they are catty?   Answer Question

Clerical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Garden City, NY).

Interview

My interviewer did not tell me the location of the interview so I assumed it was at the mall the store is located in and I was wrong. I was not the only interviewee who had this problem so that shows a lack of organization/good verbal communication. That almost made me lose all interest in the job, but I apologized to my interviewer and she was understanding and made sure to call me twice to make sure I knew where the interview was located. When I walked into the office for the interview whoever was at the front desk gave me a dirty look and was snobby which obviously made me want to work there even more. The interview was the longest most intense interview I have ever had. I think it lasted for 1.5 hours. Not even interviews in the actual fashion industry are that intense. She asked a lot of behavioral questions. I guess I did well because when I asked what the next step in the hiring process was she immediately spoke to her boss to have an interview with me. He seemed very unprepared and uninterested. He told me the next step in the hiring process was to have an interview with HR. I haven't heard back since and honestly don't care because the interview process left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• How you respond to me giving you negative feedback on your work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

This position requires you interview and be accepted into the company's executive training program. This initially starts by applying online or by college recruitment. The process generally take 2-3 interviews, a retail math test, group project presentation and recommendations.

Interview Questions

• questions on critical thinking and problem solving are asked to asses how you can handle multiple tasks and work load stress   3 Answers

Negotiation

Generally it's a base salary unless your coming in with buying or planning experience. So little to no negotiations.

This is a highly competitive program to get into and the more fashion/retail experience and qualifications the better. Over 200 people apply weekly and there are only 3 classes a year with on average 20-35 trainees accepted in each class.

Cosmetic Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (McLean, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very long, yet very thorough. I was called for background and drug screenings. Interview went very well though. Interviewed with 4 people at four different times. As crazy as it sounds, and as intricate and time-consuming as they were, I actually enjoyed Them! They wanted the best of the best at that time, and I was amongst the running.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself more makeup or skincare?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone and skype interviews for out of town applicants. Otherwise, there are face to face interviews. There are multiple interview phases you go through. Meeting different levels of upper management. Once this is completed you meet with HR for further assessment. HR will then call you before and offer is given.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Tampa, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

intense interview process with all company executives and store manager. Your experience definetely came into play as to know what they were looking for. Also, having a great understanding of the business flow of all the areas of a store was important. You must have an undestanding of all aspects of the selling floor as to better understand associate, manager, and client needs too. The overall experience was great! I liked how you got to meet everyone so that everyone understood the company goal. It made you feel like your role was notonly an intergral part of the store, but also of the company!

Interview Questions

• what do you feel you could do to bring change to the store?   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process went well. Everytime they were very polite. The math test was definitely pretty tough. After the math test there was a personality test. The phone interview went really well, they asked a lot of questions related to the company and a few about my experiences. The essay was kind of tough because it required a lot of thinking. The skype interview was where I had trouble. I thought it was going well but towards the end I realized it didn't go as well as I hoped.

Interview Questions

• which 3 words describe you?

Name a time of hardship and how you dealt with it?

Why Neiman Marcus?

Explain your fashion experience.

Where do you want to be in the company in 5 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

intense, but worth it. They send everyone down to Dallas, Texas and put you in a hotel, in order to interview for the EDP program. You also have an onsite drug test. And meet with many people. Overall the process was intense but I appreciated that they wanted the best of the best for the program, as they take the EDP program seriously. It is a prestigious program where you spend a lot of time learning the NM systems, basics of retail math, and assistant buying and merchandise planning 101. You meet with over 3-5 people, and also have a team dinner to make sure you have good social skills.

Interview Questions

• typical questions, what are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, 2k

Universal Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. Manager called me for an interview. I had 2 interviews: one with the HR Director, another with the Call Center Manager. I was hired the day after the interview, and started that following Monday.

One thing I will point out is that the Call Center Manager was VERY rude in my interview. She implied that I was lying on my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

They recruited for the Executive Development Program (EDP) on campus and that was the first part of the process. There is a standard online application with a math skills assessment test at the conclusion which you must pass to continue. The first interviews were conducted locally on campus with the college recruiter, with basic interview and assessment questions. Second round interviews are at the headquarters in Dallas over two days with about 30 other applicants. Day one is more of a meet and greet afternoon/tour of the company. Day two consists of 2-3 formal interviews and a group project/assessment.

Interview Questions

• What concerns do you have in working with store managers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; if you don't take it, the next person will.