Neiman Marcus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.6

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2015.

Interview

lots of questions, called and talked over phone about past experience and work ethic, etc. school, and where you want to be in the next few years. Then i went in to the interview the next day and interview with HR and got the job the next day over the phone.

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview went well in person. I didn't get the job (which really didn't bother me since it was only for 16 hours a week) What kind of irked me was that I never received a follow up call or email from the HR person who interviewed me. No communication at all. Very Unprofessional. I would not have expected that of Neiman's

Interview Questions

• What type of fashion statement do you think you make? Why should Neiman Marcus hire you? What makes you stand out?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Tough to get a response from Kelly Heller even though she gave me her card and said to contact her directly. Applying online is a much more effective route as once I completed the process I was co tatted immediately

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was generally relaxed and friendly, more conversational than interrogative. The questions were basic and non specific. The interviewer was kind and candid and answered a lot of questions that I had about the position in an honest way. The interview lasted about half an hour or so maybe a little bit longer or a bit less than that, I can't remember. It was overall pleasant and not very stressful.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Short Hills, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied, got a call the next day to schedule an in-person interview, met w/ HR then unannounced had a meeting with dept. sales manager & assistant sales manager. They're looking for associates with clientele to be able to meet sales goals and draw commission requirements.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview with the manager of the department you applied for, from there, if they like you, you will meet higher management and possibly HR. Also, if they think you would be better suited for a different department, they will have you meet with that manager as well. So its not bad to apply for other departments, even if you feel it is not your first choice, there is potential to move or when you interview to share your interest.

Interview Questions

• Questions are broad, and situational. Ex: If you have a customer that is trying to use an expired discount card, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (White Plains, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief process with the mangers of the department. They ask you many questions, also ask questions back. It was smooth sailing. Quick process as well, the manager was very nice and had a smile the whole time.

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Standard. Not particularly wowed but people were friendly and nice. Helpful with relo. That was very nice. Got temp hours sing and no fee sale of my old home and no fee purchase of a new home here in the Dallas, Tx area.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed with the HR executive at the Atlanta location. Interview took about 30 minutes. Very professional and felt more "intense" than other places I've interviewed but not difficult by any means. Interview was for an internship position at Atlanta so NOT the corporate one which has a different hiring process all together.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

brief, concise. Interviewed with the Human Resource Manager first, then the department manager of the department they wanted me in. After that talked to the Human Resource manager again.