Neiman Marcus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and comfortable. As long as your flexible with your time and knowledgeable of fashion. Had to take a drug test at a local clinic.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Consisted of a phone call with HR, a written essay and math test, and another video chat with a manager/buyer/exec of the company. They are willing to work with you and it was not very intimidating. All of the questions were behavioral.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Application, document submission and in-person interview. During the in-person time, I met with a manager individually as well as with a group for a short while. Everyone who I met was incredibly warm and gracious and answered questions candidly.

Interview Questions

• Describe what experience in the past makes you the best prepared for the challenges in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I received the call for an interview, went in and met this the assistant manager for the department , than the Hr they explain the position than set me up for an additional interview. The following week I came in for two more interviews. And told me someone would call me .... Still waiting on call :/

Interview Questions

• How would I work with someone who stole a sale from me in a commission base area   1 Answer

Store Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

A lengthy interview process through recruiters, then phone interviews with Neiman Marcus Human Resources and the hiring manager, then multiple Skype calls with senior managers and a touch base with again with the hiring manager. Everyone I interviewed with was professional, friendly, and passionate about the company. Very impressive.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite long, I had to interview with several managers, they really want to make sure they are hiring the right candidate for the job, which I can appreciate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Austin, TX).

Interview

Hands down one of the best interviews I've ever had. I interviewed with 3 different people, and they were all incredibly nice. It didn't feel much like an interview which I enjoyed. No hard questions. I would do it all over again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple and straight-forward for a retail postilion. I interviewed with the department manager first and then with HR afterward. The hardest thing for me was deciding what to wear. NM has a reputation and i wanted to make a good impression. That should have been the least of my worries!

Studio Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Very casual, easy going and friendly. Overall not intimidating. May take a while to land interview but hiring process is quick once interviewed. Ask questions about retail experience, interest in film, ability to work under pressure, etc. Must be willing to work hard and multi-task. Personal selling is also an aspect of position so must have selling skills to offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the Los Angeles entertainment industry? Are you passionate about film?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The management at the Boston Store was very efficient and quick to respond. The interview process went off very smoothly. They make you feel very comfortable. The interview process was one on one and I was interviewed twice, once with the manager I would work with and then the Asst. General Manager of the store.