Neiman Marcus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple steps in the process. You start by submitting an application online, then you take a retail math test, if you pass that, you will get a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Asks questions about your experience, leadership style, learning style, future goals, and why you want to work for them. If you pass that, you have to write a 2-page essay responding to a question/problem. After that, you interview with an executive over video or in person.

Interview Questions

• Why Neiman Marcus?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years (work-wise and location-wise)?   1 Answer
    • What do you want from a manager? Ie- how do you learn best?   Answer Question

Cosmetic Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (McLean, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very long, yet very thorough. I was called for background and drug screenings. Interview went very well though. Interviewed with 4 people at four different times. As crazy as it sounds, and as intricate and time-consuming as they were, I actually enjoyed Them! They wanted the best of the best at that time, and I was amongst the running.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself more makeup or skincare?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2016.

Interview

I had two different people in deferent Upper Executive roles. I was felt at ease, they were transparent issues in department: people, sales and merchandise performance.

I've interview over past three years at multiple Luxury stores in San Francisco, CA. All have either called me back giving me ares to work or have replied to me emails asking for my career and salt development. Some are now mentors, part of my network and still future bosses.

There are been reports written in 3 and 4th quarter 2014 have been written about how we have to visit how we recruit and say no to a candidate for " people benching for manpower strategies.

It's just sad they 100% reflect the brands culture of brands they carry

These brands are carried at Neiman Marcus.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was really quick and easy. I applied in-store. They take you to their customer service level to fill it out on one of their computers. I was contacted about 2 weeks later. I interviewed with the HR manager and the the department manager. The interview was relatively fast - no more than an hour. They asked basic fit questions. The company hires a lot of people with little to no high end retail experience so if you have ANY experience in retail sales, the interview will seem easy.

Summer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in December 2015.

Interview

Very fast and brief. Did not make it past the phone screen. I had to complete a retail math test before the phone screen. Simple math questions about margins and markups.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Candidate or job applicant filled out online application with all information filled in on their career website. Next complete an e-test submission from HR contact. If candidate passes, an email will be sent to prospective applicant to complete an e-personality test administered by a third party vendor. If applicant passes the e-test then HR schedules appointment to interview. If applicant did not pass the e-test, then the application is rejected. Then met with HR and interviewed with department manager.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, one in person with the marketing manager, one with the director. All of the interviews were brief. The one with the director was a little intimidating. I got the call with an offer a few hours after my final interview. I wish I wouldve pushed for a larger salary. Negotiate.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions, they just want to know that you are qualified and willing to work hard. They aren't trying to throw trick questions at you.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

30 minute interview asking difficult questions about yourself. The questions were about how you would describe yourself and how others would describe you. They asked about 5-10 year plans. They also asked about weaknesses and why I wanted to work for Neiman Marcus.

Interview Questions

• What three words would you use to describe yourself and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Glendale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The HR person said I was too assertive. I thought that was odd considering it was a sales position. I had to email and call just to follow up on our conversations about the position and required paperwork. I found the management to be very lackadaisical.

Universal Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. Manager called me for an interview. I had 2 interviews: one with the HR Director, another with the Call Center Manager. I was hired the day after the interview, and started that following Monday.

One thing I will point out is that the Call Center Manager was VERY rude in my interview. She implied that I was lying on my resume.