Neiman Marcus Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neiman Marcus Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was generally relaxed and friendly, more conversational than interrogative. The questions were basic and non specific. The interviewer was kind and candid and answered a lot of questions that I had about the position in an honest way. The interview lasted about half an hour or so maybe a little bit longer or a bit less than that, I can't remember. It was overall pleasant and not very stressful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

brief, concise. Interviewed with the Human Resource Manager first, then the department manager of the department they wanted me in. After that talked to the Human Resource manager again.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in person interview, both were with the same HR recruiter and the general manager. They were extremely nice while interviewing and made it seem like more of a conversation between friends than an interview which I liked because it calmed my nerves and allowed me to be myself.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was really quick and easy. I applied in-store. They take you to their customer service level to fill it out on one of their computers. I was contacted about 2 weeks later. I interviewed with the HR manager and the the department manager. The interview was relatively fast - no more than an hour. They asked basic fit questions. The company hires a lot of people with little to no high end retail experience so if you have ANY experience in retail sales, the interview will seem easy.

Interview Questions

• Why Neiman Marcus? What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Candidate or job applicant filled out online application with all information filled in on their career website. Next complete an e-test submission from HR contact. If candidate passes, an email will be sent to prospective applicant to complete an e-personality test administered by a third party vendor. If applicant passes the e-test then HR schedules appointment to interview. If applicant did not pass the e-test, then the application is rejected. Then met with HR and interviewed with department manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Glendale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The HR person said I was too assertive. I thought that was odd considering it was a sales position. I had to email and call just to follow up on our conversations about the position and required paperwork. I found the management to be very lackadaisical.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and comfortable. As long as your flexible with your time and knowledgeable of fashion. Had to take a drug test at a local clinic.

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I received the call for an interview, went in and met this the assistant manager for the department , than the Hr they explain the position than set me up for an additional interview. The following week I came in for two more interviews. And told me someone would call me .... Still waiting on call :/

Interview Questions

• How would I work with someone who stole a sale from me in a commission base area   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple and straight-forward for a retail postilion. I interviewed with the department manager first and then with HR afterward. The hardest thing for me was deciding what to wear. NM has a reputation and i wanted to make a good impression. That should have been the least of my worries!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The management at the Boston Store was very efficient and quick to respond. The interview process went off very smoothly. They make you feel very comfortable. The interview process was one on one and I was interviewed twice, once with the manager I would work with and then the Asst. General Manager of the store.