Neiman Marcus Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.5

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Met once with the Team at Cherry Creek Mall. They seemed nice and made me an offer.... then asked me to take drug test.

I tested positive for pot (which is legal here in Colorado). I don't smoke pot but its everywhere, getting it in your system from second hand is easy.

Dont bother applying for their jobs in Colorado. If you have any sort of social life, you WILL test positive.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken any drugs?   1 Answer
  • Would I bring customers with me.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was generally relaxed and friendly, more conversational than interrogative. The questions were basic and non specific. The interviewer was kind and candid and answered a lot of questions that I had about the position in an honest way. The interview lasted about half an hour or so maybe a little bit longer or a bit less than that, I can't remember. It was overall pleasant and not very stressful.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

brief, concise. Interviewed with the Human Resource Manager first, then the department manager of the department they wanted me in. After that talked to the Human Resource manager again.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in person interview, both were with the same HR recruiter and the general manager. They were extremely nice while interviewing and made it seem like more of a conversation between friends than an interview which I liked because it calmed my nerves and allowed me to be myself.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Was referred by a cosmetics line, account executive. Turned in an online application and was called within a week. Met with Cosmetics manager, chatted about my past in cosmetics along with my past employment history and after I passed the drug test and reference check I was hired! Went over salary in which I negotiated and received a $6/hour higher wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and comfortable. As long as your flexible with your time and knowledgeable of fashion. Had to take a drug test at a local clinic.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It took forever. Three separate interviews with many different managers. Then a week to get an offer contingent on passing a drug test, which I did so shortly thereafter I started. Each manager wanted to make sure I was right for the particular position which was a challenging one to say the least, so maybe that's why it took longer.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

One on one. The process was very enjoyable and personable. I was always asked if I need anything and they tried very hard to make me feel comfortable from the minute I walked in the door.

Interview Questions

• What brought me to Neiman Marcus, how do I sell to high level clientele.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2012.

Interview

Very pleasant, welcoming human resource personal. I interviewed with human resource, followed by a department manager. They both were very nice and made conversation easy, they asked many questions mostly about what if situations with customers. Overall, great interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in a situation where a customer is upset?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The management at the Boston Store was very efficient and quick to respond. The interview process went off very smoothly. They make you feel very comfortable. The interview process was one on one and I was interviewed twice, once with the manager I would work with and then the Asst. General Manager of the store.