Neiman Marcus Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.5

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The management at the Boston Store was very efficient and quick to respond. The interview process went off very smoothly. They make you feel very comfortable. The interview process was one on one and I was interviewed twice, once with the manager I would work with and then the Asst. General Manager of the store.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online first. The process took about 2 weeks. I met with different management and department person in one day. They are very friendly. They asked about experience in retail and then they talked about their expectations for work.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

I applied online they scheduled me for an phone interview that last for about 15 mins it was basic questions. I went in and met with a manager who asked me about 15 mins worth a questions and then basically had me demonstrate how I would sell something in her department. She told me I basically had the job and she would call me in a few days. But they never called it was a waste of time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

First you meet with the Human Resource manager to determine if you are a good fit for the company then you meet with the department manager and the merchandise manager. They can ask very specific question to see if you can do the job and also want to know if you have experience or a good clientele base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied and then received a email and then call regarding completing a 12 page personality test. Once the test was finished they set up a 1 on 1 email at the store location.

The interview with HR was directed mostly about the contents of my resume and verifying that i had worked at these places. She double-checked the dates with me and asked me straight forwards questions.

After the HR interview I met with the manager of the department who asked me logistic questions about schedule and training. Much more friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was your most rewarding experience in customer service.   1 Answer

I was told i would be receiving 10% commission but during the interview they said 3% so i declined.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had 3 interviews total- 1 with HR, 1 with the DM and the sales associate and 1 with the Director. Very straightforward interview questions, no nonsense questions like remember a time..... or how did you......

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

One on one. The process was very enjoyable and personable. I was always asked if I need anything and they tried very hard to make me feel comfortable from the minute I walked in the door.

Interview Questions

• What brought me to Neiman Marcus, how do I sell to high level clientele.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Stanford, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the end of the week via phone call, by the HR assistant. At this point I was briefly interviewed over the phone and asked why I am leaving my current job, why I want to work at Neiman Marcus and what customer service means to me. At the end of the call she said she'd love to have me come in for a interview. I then came in that next Wednesday for an interview with the HR manager and then she had me interview afterwards with 3 other people. At the end of this all the HR assistant said they'd be in touch with me. About 4 days later I was called and asked to come in for a second interview. During this interview they had me interview with a specific department manager they wanted to place me with and then I was given a tour of the store by this manager and then taken back to wait for the HR assistant again. She came in with an offer form and said they'd love to have me. I called later that day to accept the offer and she told me I would need to complete the drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation they are pretty set in their offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in person and received a call for an inperson interview with hr director and department manager shortly after. Simple retail oriented interview quetions. There was no room for negotiation as the position is commission based salary

Interview Questions

• What would you do if customer wanted an item we did not have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Neiman Marcus (Walnut Creek, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was brief, up to the point: mainly covered experience and reasons for choosing the company. Three members of the management team had brief conversations with me. Talked a lot about fashion, trends, and personal attitude towards them.