Nelson Staffing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.3

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing (San Mateo, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I initially reached out to a recruiter at Nelson about contract positons and she informed me about an internal opening at Nelson. I was a bit skeptical and she invited me to come in for a tour and meet n greet of the staff. That tour turned into a 1 hr one-on -one interview with 4 different staff members including the VP of the company. I didn't mind it because it wasn't a traditional interview, I got to ask a lot of questions about the company and their process. I was really impressed and they really liked me so I was asked to come back for a panel interview the following week. A panel interview might seem intimidating but everyone was very friendly and the questions weren't very difficult to answer. The panel included the VP, 2 recruiters, one sales manager and the office manager. It lasted about 30-45 minutes and for the most part it was very casual.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I interviewed at Nelson Staffing (Sacramento, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for a job, they called me & set an appointment. Filled a form, spoke with hiring associate. She was nice but didn't pay attention to my resume well before asking me to went for interview.

Problem Solver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing (Riverside, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had two interview with two different managers. One of them ask common questions. The other manager ask intense questions. I was nervous with the second manager but I stay calm and answer each question honestly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing.

Interview

appled online a few weeks later had a phone screen that was fine told her my situation and what i needed in a role she emailed me over paper work, met in person with a few diffrent recuriters.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing.

Interview

Asked a variety of questions on the phone and then asked questions in person and then given a tour around. They were friendly. I had to wait a while before being interviewed. They offered me water. They talked about their own experiences and about the business. It wasn't very clear if they were interested in hiring me at all, and the process took a long time for not getting the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Then questions about my resume. Asked specific questions about each position.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me for best times to speak. I told her I would be free the rest of the week. She then proceeded to completely ignore me. I'm not sure what the qualifications are for being hired as a recruiter there, but my guess is that the bar is pretty low.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first, and then interviews with people in the market. Usually you interview with a couple managers. And the questions are pretty generic. What do you know about the company? What are you hobbies? How would you deal with an anger person? Etc

Staffing Assistant Interview

Interview

Very easygoing - the recruiters are nice and very interested in getting to understand your needs and know you. They take time to review your resume and want to know about your employment history in detail. They will check your references.

Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing in November 2015.

Interview

It was a phone screen and then a working interview for a week. I was referred from an internal employee. The phone screen/interview lasted for about 35 minutes and then they asked me to come in the next day.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing (Redwood City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

No interview was giving. Just a short phone call and a set of skills to determine a good spot for you. I didn't even have to go into any office. Everything was handled over the phone and set up was a breeze. No conflicts. I can't really describe this as an interview process. If you ask me the interview is a thing of the past it just makes employees over think their abilities. Nerves trigger