Nelson Staffing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nelson Staffing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2018

2.2

Contract Employee Interview

Interview

Barely a screening process done by the recruiter before your actual phone interview with their client. The recruiter will tell you that it will be a behavioral interview, and tell you to highlight your successes at current and past positions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Can negotiate, but the recruiter will likely give you just above your current pay if you share that information.

Office Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing in March 2015.

Interview

bad questions that wanted me to predict the future - will I stay with them forever - where will I be in 5 years - no one can answer that question -they should know that as an employment company - poor leadership - old ways of doing things.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing (Redwood City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

No interview was giving. Just a short phone call and a set of skills to determine a good spot for you. I didn't even have to go into any office. Everything was handled over the phone and set up was a breeze. No conflicts. I can't really describe this as an interview process. If you ask me the interview is a thing of the past it just makes employees over think their abilities. Nerves trigger

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sonoma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing (Sonoma, CA).

Interview

The initial interview was a 30 minute phone screening/interview. The following week I was called in for a second in-person interview at the office that I would be working in. The receptionist was very nice and the manager interviewing me came out to meet me and bring me into her office where I found myself among the team with whom I would be working. The entire experience was very pleasant. While there were some structured questions we were able to branch out into conversations comfortably transitioning into the next topic and question naturally. We found ourselves laughing often which helped ease any nerves.

Interview Questions

• Each team member asked me questions about my previous experience and my comfort in the tasks that would be required of me in the position.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing (Fairfield, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Call to make an appointment. Front desk is very helpful to answer questions and make an interview. Remember to bring two forms of ID. You will need 3 previous employer or personal contacts that can verify your employment or vouch for you. Meet with your job placement coordinator on scheduled meeting/interview. Discuss your work history (what you've done, how long, all the things you are great at), prospected/desired employment, maybe a computer (Microsoft word, Excel and typing) test before or after interview. Then wait for a call. Once called for a prospective job placement, they will notify you of possible drug testing needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things that are great about you? If there was another candidate that had the same experience, what is unique about you specifically?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They call to ask if you'd be willing to take a job for certain amount of hours a week and certain amount of days/weeks/months in a certain company and location. You can decline.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing.

Interview

appled online a few weeks later had a phone screen that was fine told her my situation and what i needed in a role she emailed me over paper work, met in person with a few diffrent recuriters.

Technical Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing in June 2011.

Interview

The interviewing process was nothing unexpected. It starts off with a phone screen, waited a week and then an in-person interview with a few team members, a final in-personal interview happened a week later and offer was extended. During the interview, everyone was very nice and professional, it was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected because they are all general interviewing questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing (Petaluma, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly. We sat down in a small room within the office area and discussed my expectations for the job, and what Nelson Staffing was willing to offer as well. The interviewer was very cordial and put me at ease during the interview, so the interview was more of a discussion than an interrogation. The interviewer was professional, but not distant. I was only interviewed once.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from Nelson Staffing as an employer?   Answer Question

Assistant Recruiter Interview

Interview

Applicants are reached out by the recruiter of business development within the firm you applied at. When you come in for your interview you are given an immense amount of paperwork as if already been hired. This process is loathed by most applicants and sometimes is followed by IQ testing.

Interview Questions

• How easily can you read people and have you ever been wrong   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nelson Staffing (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Piece of cake. have lots of experience. It seemed more of a formality because the company wanted to hire me. Just not on their own books. Interview was on phone, then phone interview with company inn California I thought I'd be working for, then a contract stipulating Nelson was my employer and I had no rights or benefits at the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer