Neo@Ogilvy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neo@Ogilvy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.5

Media Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy.

Interview

HR phone call followed by an interview with 2 team members at the office. Heard back very quickly and worked with HR to finalize offer. Very easy to work with

Search Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter who then scheduled me to meet with the interested teams a week later. I got a good sense what team was doing and understood what they were looking for. If you meet with multiple teams, be prepared to talk a lot.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy.

Interview

Average; the process seemed long and unnecessary at times. Felt like I had to follow up with recruiter versus them reaching out on their own. Recruiter was very pushy and expected an answer on yes/no to offer on the spot and disliked me asking to review the company benefits package.

Assistant Search Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through employee referral, first call with HR basic questions (experience, etc). Then interview with 3 members of the team you'd work for. No out of the ordinary questions (experience, situational). Said they were going to get back to me fairly quickly since they wanted to hire someone as soon as possible but still haven't heard back. Overall it was a fairly easy interview process though

Interview Questions

I still don't know if I got it or not

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

After phone screening, came in for an in-person interview. Met with two company employees who were very friendly and provided good feedback and honest answers about the company. They didn't sugarcoat what the work at the company would be like but also did a great job portraying all of the positives. There were no trick questions, difficult assessments, etc. They were very much interviewing for personality and energy more than past skills or experience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of tasks in your current job do you enjoy most?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy.

Interview

phone screen with HR, then on site interview that lasted 40 minutes, then offer came 1 month later. Only bad thing is that it took time to schedule an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• BS questions, no questions about experience or knowledge of the industry   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Three weeks later I received an email from an internal recruiter asking me when I was available to come in for an interview. When I showed up on the day of my interview I was not met by the recruiter herself which was my first indicator that this was just a "fluff" interview. You see typically recruiters and hiring managers already know who they want to hire through employee referral, say a child of a friend, or friend of someone who works there already but need to bring in other candidates so that it does not look like blatant nepotism. Not being met face-to-face by the recruiter was my first indication of this.
    So on to the interview. First I was met by the hiring manager who was polite and courteous but seemed rather uninterested in my responses as he looked at his computer screen every few seconds. He asked me strange questions and I gave the best answers I knew how to give.
    Next, there were a group of girls who entered. They were also polite and seemed more interested in my skills and how I could affect the team in a positive way. One of them even told me she would hire me this minute if the choice was up to her because she felt I was qualified (a few years of professional experience) for entry-level role. The next indicator I got was that all of the people who were supposed to show up for the interview did not even show up for it which was kind of rude especially since they had me waiting in the interview room for over 15 minutes without anyone telling me what was going on. I ended up leaving a note for the person who did not show saying I would be happy to come back if they wanted to interview me in person. Of course I never received a call.

I sent my thank you's out that night. Only to receive one reply the next day saying it was nice to meet me and good luck on my job search. This message made me feel like it was a vague brush-off from one of the hiring managers instead of directly coming out and saying I did not get the position.

I waited the recommended couple days after the time they said they would get back to me, which was a week when I asked. And just received an email from the recruiter, this time saying they have gone with another candidate.

The whole process was very poor and in my opinion used to cover up the fact that they only hire people that are friends or family of someone who works there. Oh well.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was disorganized. Meetings were cancelled and rescheduled a few different times. Had to come into the office twice to meet everyone. Some employees don't seem to be motivated or excited to come to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging thing about managing a large team across multiple accounts?   Answer Question

Social Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

1 Phone Screen, 2 Skype Interviews with Supervisor and director. I had another offer at a different company, and HR worked to match the salary offer. Very pleasant conversation with HR. Emphasized a lot of great perks- cafe, cafeteria, gym, 401K match (WHICH YOU DONT RECEIVE UNTIL WORKING FOR 3 YEARS).

Interview Questions

• What is the name of the platform you build Facebook Ads on?
      What would you do if you had to meet friends for dinner at 5 and I asked you to launch a full campaign at 4?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neo@Ogilvy (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview with the NY HR-department to briefly talk about my experience etc. I then had an in-person interview with the Managing Partner and a Group Planning Director. Overall, they were very friendly and polite and I got to speak quite freely about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with media planning before?   1 Answer