Neptune Orient Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neptune Orient Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Neptune Orient (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a face to face interview with the department manager at their office. They reviewed the resume and asked questions based on that as well as some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Having held leadership positions in school, is it difficult for you to assume a follower role or a role which is not in command   Answer Question

Bank Reconciliation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neptune Orient (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2015.

Interview

They only ask simple questions and there are 3 hiring managers in the room. Nothing special. Before the interview, candidates must do a personality test. It contain 24 question and you have to answer it in 5 mins.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength, weakness. Tell me about yourself. How do you know about this job.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neptune Orient.

Interview

Applied through university's job searching portal.
    Went through one round of face to face interview with the team I apply to.
    The interviewer was nice and friendly. Didn’t ask the general HR question, but about details of my experience on the resume.
    The whole interview process took around 30-40 minutes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Neptune Orient (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

Asked standard interview questions about self and experience in school, NS and previous work experience (any past exposure to logistics sector), and questions on resume in a panel of 3 interviewers from corp comm, operations and HR departments.

Interview Questions

• "why choose maritime industry"
      "what are some of your strengths and weaknesses"
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Neptune Orient (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Only the director was there to interview me, pretty easy. I think I just had to make her like me as a person because the department was small, and I would be reporting to her directly. She asked me a couple of questions about my background, and my work ethic. She also told me a lot of what the job role would be like, and explained why she was hiring. She checked that I was comfortable with the work I was going to do.

Entry-Level Analyst Interview

Interview

Round 1: interview+Excel skill test
    Round 2: interview with HR, followed by interview with manager

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Neptune Orient (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

everything went well until the meeting with the actual hiring group where there's perception misalignment that caused the interview to go wrong.

however very disappointed at the interviewer being very sarcastic and rude, definitely will tell my friends to forgot about this org.

Interview Questions

• many accusation how not suitable where in the first place, the screening was supposed to remove of such unclear definition before the interview, left with very puzzled mind why they chose to call interview if they don't find suitable, didn't even go deep into the interview.   Answer Question

Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neptune Orient (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2013.

Interview

Very straight-forward, less technical and more attitude approach. Just wanted to know my personality and how I would approach problems in my work. Also a great focus on past internship experiences.

Interview Questions

• In your previous internship, what was the biggest issue you faced and how did you overcome this?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neptune Orient (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process seemed like never ending. Always having interview after interview. It made people think that the management might not even know what kind of candidate were they looking for and just kept asking the candidates for interview. After the candidate spent time travelling to their office to attend the interviews, the HR never even had the courtesy to send an email to the candidate about the result. This is so unprofessional and rude.

Junior Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neptune Orient (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2012.

Interview

My hiring process started with an internal referral. Followed by a phone interview with a human resource manager. I was subsequently invited to a face-to-face interview with the human resource manager and an additional manager from my department. They asked mostly fit questions but do come prepared with adequate knowledge of the business. Finally, I had an interview with the director of the department.

Interview Questions

• What do you think NOL needs to do to be successful in this modern age.   Answer Question