Nest Audio Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Audio Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nest (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter a few days later who asked a few standard early process questions (ie 'Why are you looking for a new job?' 'Why are you interested in Nest?') who then had two followup sessions scheduled: one with the hiring manager and a distance coding interview with another member of the team. I was then invited onsite to interview with the team and spoke with about 6 people. Most of the questions were pretty straightforward, until I interviewed with the hiring manager, who asked some more challenging questions. Overall I'd say the interview process was pretty polished and well managed. I wasn't surprised by any of the questions and everyone was quite nice.

At the end of the onsite interview the recruiter debriefed me and told me he had heard all positive things form those he had spoken with. He said he would need another day or two to speak with the team members he hadn't heard from. The interview was on a Friday and I received a phone call from the recruiter in the afternoon the following Monday saying they'd like to move forward and make an offer.

The offer process was not nearly as efficient as the rest of the interview process. After providing references and going through a background check I think it took about 2 weeks to receive an offer letter.

I ended up signing with another company, but I felt like Nest did a great job in the recruitment and interview phases of the hiring process. The offer phase was a bit slow.

Good experience overall.