Nest Product Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nest Product Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nest

3.3

Product Design Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nest in March 2015.

Interview

I talked with Nest at a career fair, and then got an email two weeks later from their recruiting department to set up a phone interview. I had two phone interviews, half an hour long each. The phone interviews included both behavioral and technical questions, and were generally pretty casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nest

Product Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nest in December 2017.

Interview

Straightforward experience. My interviewer walked through my resume with me, asking questions about my projects along the way, which he tied into technical questions. He left room at the end for me to ask questions about the company.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nest (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process for tech companies. I began chatting with the recruiter by email, then we had a preliminary phone call to discuss my background/experience, what I'm looking for in the next phase of my career, and current salary. Next I had a phone call with one of the designers, where I took him through a couple of projects in my portfolio. Then they asked me to come on-site for a day of interviews - this entailed a portfolio review with a panel of several designers on the team that I would be working with, then individual interviews with team members. My future manager wasn't available on that particular day, so he ended up calling me on the phone a few days later to briefly chat. Then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• They specifically asked me what one thing I would improve on the Nest iOS app.   1 Answer