Nestlé Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nestlé Business Analyst Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé (Glendale, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Pre-interview screening questions answered via email (rephrased):

"
*Describe the type of complex IT systems you have implemented.
*Give example of advanced level work you have done in [software application for generating reports].
*What type of software or systems have you generated to help the business operate better?
*Give an example of a a most difficult team that you were involved with and what factors contributed to the difficulty.
*What type of on-the-spot excel reports have you generated and edited to meet requirements?"

First interview phone: with HR person

*give an example of where additional research and digging deeper would create better results.
*give an example of where you had to prioritize your workload and how you went about doing so, and your reasoning behind it.
*give an example of a situation where you had to act independently against the advice of a *superior and what your reasoning behind that was.

Second interview, in-person:

met with two experienced manager-directors, they basically went over my resume and asked to provide examples for each bullet point; they asked about extra-curricular activities; they explained about Nestle's team-oriented framework/work-ethic. They also asked

Third interview, via phone: this was split into two 40 min segments, one involving an HR person, which was similar to my first phone interview (same questions even), and a second interview involving a Technical Programmer Developer Engineer.

for the first part, I pretty much gave the same answers as per my first interview.

for the second part, the technical questions:

revolved around specific applications I have used in the past

software/SDLC standards I am familiar with

questions about development tools, RDBMs involving extracting data based on primary keys, how they relate to structuring a request for data in tables.

Interview Questions

• describe how you would extract data from two different tables where nothing matched on its key   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as is because it was good.

Other Interview Reviews for Nestlé

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé (Solon, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Apply online and I received a call from the recruiter in a couple days. Went over the basics of the position as well as background information for myself. Once the baseline qualifications were met and both parties were satisfied a in-person interview was schedule in under two weeks. The in-person interview was done by two people the manager and an office lead. Both people were very friendly and easy going, I was really nervous and they made me feel at ease. Most questions were behavioral in nature and not quizzing you on what you know. The whole process was pretty comfortable and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest professional success, and failure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé (Glendale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview 1: Phone interview. HR recruiter called, and essentially reviewed every section on the job description to see if there were any parts that were unclear. The recruiter then went over how the interview process worked, and what i could expect the next interviewers to ask. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview 2: Phone interview. This was the "technical" interview with two associates who would potentially be my team mates. The questions focused on my project experience and technical troubleshooting examples. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview 3+ many more: Off-site interview. This was a series of 1:1, 2:1, and a panel interview with a presentation the interviewee gives. Questions spanned the usual spectrum. The interviews lasted just over 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you used your technical ability to troubleshoot an issue.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé.

Interview

Excel exam and situation question cases

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard phone interview process followed by a couple rounds of interviews regarding fit and industry knowledge. Lots of focus on global awareness of the Nestlé brand and of its competitors. Nothing too difficult and no trick questions that made proceedings too uncomfortable and awkward. Felt very much like they were trying to gauge why I wanted to work with the company and how good a fit I would be.