Nestlé Purina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

3.1

QA Specialist (Product Safety) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Edmond, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Corporate Talent Acquisition via email to schedule a phone interview. He called and conducted a brief phone interview. A few days went by and I hadn't heard anything, so I emailed to follow-up. I was told somebody from the Edmond/OKC, OK facility should be contacting me shortly.

I received a call from the HR department and I was scheduled for a two-hour interview with 4 individuals 9 days later. I was asked to bring copies of my resume and I did, and also brought my current HACCP certificate and college diploma.

I got to the facility early and was met by a courteous receptionist. I had to sign-in and read/sign a non-disclosure agreement before I could interview. No big deal. I was brought back to a waiting area where I was called in just a few minutes AFTER my scheduled 12pm interview time.

I was briefly introduced to two QA management types in a crowded office. They picked apart my resume and asked several behavioral based questions. Apparently these two were the head of the facility's QA and some other position. After they were finished I was escorted to another crowded office where I interviewed with two guys that could be my potential supervisors. Same picking apart of my resume and similar behavioral based questions.

My interview ran 7 minutes over my slotted time and I was quickly ushered out to the visitor's entrance. I returned my visitor's badge and was told I "interviewed very well." I left and went on my way.

Eight days go by and I heard nothing from HR. I called and left a voicemail for the only HR contact I had and also sent a follow-up email asking if I was still being considered for employment. I received no call back or email reply.

The Talent Acquisition rep emailed me yesterday (Monday Feb. 28, 2017) and the body of the email stated "I have been out of the office and was just advised that you are no longer interested in the position at our Edmond Factory in QA. Was there something we did to change your mind or was it some other reason?"

I never called or emailed expressing that I didn't wish to be considered; I have no clue where this came from and it sounded very fishy. I replied to the email and even called/left another voicemail expressing my desire to work there and that I'd like to have a return phone call. I was called back and told that I may have been "confused with someone else." I was assured I'd be called back - I didn't receive any kind of phone call or email at all.

I woke up early today to contact the Talent rep and my call went straight to voicemail. I followed it up with an email asking if I was still being considered and how an error of this kind could be made in the first place.
    Not even 10 minutes later, the Talent rep emailed me:

"No error occurred. They simply got you confused with someone else. However, they have advised that they are going to continue interviewing for a candidate that more closely meets the job requirements.
    Thank You for your interest in Nestle PURINA."

I was floored! I am more than qualified for the positions I applied and interviewed for, and cannot imagine why I was passed over and in such an unprofessional manner.

Save yourself the trouble and effort and look for employment elsewhere. If HR can't keep your information straight, you probably can't trust them to get your payroll, PTO, or other HR-related issues resolved.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when management made a decision you didn't agree with.   2 Answers

Mar 6, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello, we are so sorry to hear about this experience. We appreciate you speaking up to share your feedback so we can share this with our teams to ensure this doesn’t happen again. We looked into this ... More

Manager of Programing and Special Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Zach from HR called and we had about a 45 minute phone call. He outlined the phone call and then we dove into it; tell me about yourself, resume and then some behavioral based questions. Nothing to complicated. While I hope he had my resume with him - I did have to verbally tell him when I graduated. Then he said, "oh, that was awhile ago". Not sure why if that was a surprise since it is listed on my resume that I forwarded on with my application. I believe that they were looking for someone younger, I.E. in their late 20's or 30's - which I am not. I almost asked, but didn't want to seem rude. In addition, I did ask some specific questions about the job which he could not answer and said that the hiring team would be a good time to ask those. Unfortunately for me, no such luck. As I think it would have shown that I was very interested in the job and had asked some great clarifying questions, to see if I was the right fit for them and me. But with someone that doesn't really know about the job specifics and since they are just doing a phone interview - it is what it is. Did get an email about a week later, stating that they were, "going in another direction".

Interview Questions

• What was something that you had to give up to compromise for the common goal?   Answer Question

Mar 16, 2017 – Human Resources

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Candidate experience is tremendously important to us, so there is no excuse for not providing you with a better phone ... More

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I received a call to set up an phone interview. A few days later I had my phone interview which lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was asked various standard HR questions, talked through my resume and answered two behavior based questions. Although the questions were difficult I was informed of the style when I scheduled the interview and was also given links to websites to help me prepare. Within a week I got a call back for a face to face interview. The interview was conducted at Nestle Purina Headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri. The interview consisted of meeting face to face with three individuals. The first interviewer had me review my resume along with answering four behavior based questions. Each of the following two interviewers also had four behavior based questions for me to answer. I was told I would hear back within a week concerning the decision making outcome. It was a full week before I received an email that they had chosen to go in another direction. About a month later I received a call from the hiring manger offering me a newly created position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent time that you completed a project despite meeting obstacles.   Answer Question

Dec 12, 2016 – Human Resources

Congratulations on your job offer and, officially, welcome aboard! Thank you for your patience during the process. We might be biased, but we'd say it's definitely worth it ;) We look forward to ... More

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (New York, NY).

Interview

After interviewing, I received a friendly and outgoing request for a phone interview. After a few delays, we finally worked out a time to talk. The interview went as expected, with behavioral and basic questions. The interviewer was friendly and informative. She said I would hear back from her within a week no matter their decision. A week passed, no word. I emailed her asking if there was any news, or anything else she needed on my end. No response to that either. Still no reply to this day. I know many companies do not get back if they choose to go in another direction, but as she explicitly said she would inform me no matter what, it is very frustrating, especially as she overlooked my follow-up email, as well. I was not only excited to interview for such a great company, but such an important role, as well. This lack of communication and follow-through only proves how important the need for good recruiters is, as their current ones are projecting false transparencies. It is disheartening to now view the company, and my interviewer, differently because of this experience, but so it goes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to overcome a difficulty and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

HR reached out to me through Piazza, and so I scheduled a call to hear about the position. During this call we scheduled a time for a first round phone interview. After the phone interview, I heard back a week later saying I'd been selected to continue to the second round, which was in person at the offices. I was interviewed there by three people, all resume and "tell me a time when" type questions. I got the offer, but then the post offer process was absolutely terrible in the way they communicated with me. Their HR department is a total mess. I rejected the offer, and will not be working for them. They were rude and non-collaborative.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Human Resources

I am responsible for the Recruiting Department at Nestlé Purina, and I am sorry your experience was not better. We strive to provide a positive candidate experience for everyone at all times, which ... More

Account Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Within one week of applying I got a call for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and verified information on my resume along with 2 behavior style questions. I was told 2 weeks before hearing back about if I get to go to an in person interview. It took the entire two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most complex things you've had to do?   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called at a set time and asked about general work history background. He then asked a few specific behavioral questions related to actual workplace situations that I may have experienced. Interview duration, 30 minutes.

Systems Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position and within a week was contacted by HR to schedule a time for a phone interview. On December 21st I had a 45 minute phone interview with the manager I was to report to for the position and was told that I would be contacted by HR again with further instructions/results after the new year. I was contacted on December 29th to see if I could attend a tour of the facility and second interview on January 5th with two other candidates. I was unable to make this day due to being out of town and was told that I would be contacted with a new date and time.
    During the week of January 9th I called the HR representative 3 times, leaving voicemail each time, to follow up on if a new date and time were scheduled for the tour and second interview.
    On January 18th I left voicemail with the HR representative and the manager who interviewed me requesting an update.
    I received a voicemail on January 19th from the manager apologizing and stating the position had already been filled. I am extremely disappointed with the lack of communication. The position was filled while I was practicing due diligence to try to reschedule a second interview that was offered to me.
    I was really excited to make it to the second interview stage with a company I had heard so many great things about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone and how it was resolved?   Answer Question

Jan 26, 2017 – Human Resources

First and foremost, we appreciate your interest in Nestlé Purina, and for investing time to participate in our recruitment process. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and apologize for ... More

Engineering Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I applied online and the next day I received an email telling me to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly easy. They asked you to talk through your whole resume, so I suggest looking back and remembering key accomplishments and actions you made in all your jobs and internships. Then about a week and half later I got an email telling me I have been chosen for an onsite interview at one of their plants. They paid for my hotel and transportation, it was super easy to set up all my travel arrangements with them, they were super accommodating. The first day was very casual. There was a presentation where they talked about the history of Purina (which was really interesting!) and then they gave us an awesome tour of the whole plant. I suggest writing down some questions you may have so you can ask them during your interviews and even at dinner with other trainees. After the tour there a cocktail hour and dinner with other trainees. Take this time to ask questions and get a feel of the company culture. I personally liked it, the specific plant where I will be working, people seem very relaxed and open to help you out in anything. Super welcoming! The next day were interviews. I had 4, 1 hour long, interviews back to back. They were not super hard, but after the third one your brain might be a bit fried. Everyone was friendly and I got the sense that they just wanted to see how you are as a leader, as an effective team member and if you can work in a fast paced environment. After that they feed you and then you are done for the day. They were also very quick to tell you their final decision, they call you and also send you an email with the offer`s details. Overall, it was a great and super informative experience.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

Nov 1, 2016 – Human Resources

First and foremost, congratulations! We are very excited to have you join us next year in our Management Development Program. It’s truly a unique opportunity to learn the business and progress to ... More

QA Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process first was behavior based questioning before you would move onto an in person interview at the plant. The interviewer was very nice and pleasant and answered any questions I had. She explained the interview processes and the steps before initiating the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a disagreement with a coworker and how did you work through it   Answer Question