Nestlé Purina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with an online application which was followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview, the second round consisted of an on-site interview. The Recruiting Team was very helpful in answering all of my questions, and even offered to help me find a hotel for the evening prior if I needed somewhere to stay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when one of your team members came up with a really good idea.   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for moving through our recruiting process. We are thrilled to have you on board!

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

I was recruited through LinkedIn by a Purina talent sourcer based on my credentials. I had a phone conversation with the talent sourcer about the position, which was more of an informational call than an interview. He told me to expect an email from HR to set up a formal phone interview and to check Glassdoor.com for sample behavior-based questions.

I had the phone interview with an HR person about two weeks later. I was asked to talk about each one of my previous jobs and why I left, and then to answer two behavior-based questions using real-life examples from my work history. Even though I expected this and tried to prepare as much as possible, there is no preparation for this type of interview. They're looking for a 3-4 sentence answer: state the situation, talk about your role in it, say what action you took, and report the result. There's no room for any other details, and I guess I talk too much. I didn't make it to the in-person interview with actual hiring manager.

Purina is a great company, and I would love to work there, but I feel like the interview style is subjective and doesn't assess a candidate's true abilities. It's disappointing because they invited me to apply based on my skills and credentials. Those evidently don't matter in the big picture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to collaborate with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Jan 28, 2016 – Human Resources Team

Hi, my name is Mel and I oversee the recruiting function for Nestlé Purina. I am sorry to hear about your frustration with the phone Interview process. What we have learned over time is that the... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Phila, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very professional & friendly approach. It was conducted by phone. It didn't proceed for long because the interviewer was able to determine early on that my compensation requirements were not in line with the position.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

May 16, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello and thank you for your feedback! So sorry to hear it wasn't a fit, but we wish you the best of luck in your next career move, and hope you'll consider us for employment again in the future... More

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (New York, NY).

Interview

After interviewing, I received a friendly and outgoing request for a phone interview. After a few delays, we finally worked out a time to talk. The interview went as expected, with behavioral and basic questions. The interviewer was friendly and informative. She said I would hear back from her within a week no matter their decision. A week passed, no word. I emailed her asking if there was any news, or anything else she needed on my end. No response to that either. Still no reply to this day. I know many companies do not get back if they choose to go in another direction, but as she explicitly said she would inform me no matter what, it is very frustrating, especially as she overlooked my follow-up email, as well. I was not only excited to interview for such a great company, but such an important role, as well. This lack of communication and follow-through only proves how important the need for good recruiters is, as their current ones are projecting false transparencies. It is disheartening to now view the company, and my interviewer, differently because of this experience, but so it goes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to overcome a difficulty and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Petcare Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

First had a phone interview that lasted about an half an hour. Asked general animal care questions and questions about work ethics. Then about a week after the phone interview had a face to face interview for about two hours. Toured facility and talked with manager and human resources.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Interview

A HR representative called a day after I submitted application to arrange an interview. I scheduled the interview for about a week later. He asked about 5 behavioral, star story type questions about dealing with teams, project management, and using analytics. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about an ethical dilemma   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Standard SAR/Behavioral interview. Applied through my university hiring platform, then applied online. Heard back regarding scheduling a phone screen, then follow up a week after the screen for a proper interview. Very friendly, company seems very focused on culture and an easy work environment. Given opportunity to visit St. Louis but took another offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to navigate a complex problem and how did you create a positive result?   Answer Question

Oct 27, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your interest; we hope you consider us again sometime in the future. Best of luck to you in your career!

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called at a set time and asked about general work history background. He then asked a few specific behavioral questions related to actual workplace situations that I may have experienced. Interview duration, 30 minutes.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Received an email from the company being interested in setting up a phone interview. They explained about the position requirements and I shared my past experiences. Phone interview contained three behavioral based questions .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an obstacle you overcame?   1 Answer

Oct 31, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We hope you’ll consider a career at Purina again in the future. Best of luck in your career search!

Lead Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in February 2008.

Interview

I spoke with the staff after finding out about the opening from an inside source. I was interviewed via phone briefly but I did not make it to the second stage of interviews. I was somewhat disappointed with not getting a personal interview since I had an inside contact with the company.

Nutritionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

About 2 weeks after applying online, I received an invitation to interview over the phone with human resources. A few days later, I received an invitation to interview in person with 6 people in three rounds of 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions: Tell me about a time when you took a big risk and how did it work out?   Answer Question

Jul 2, 2018 – Human Resources

Let us be the first to say, welcome to the Purina family! We’re happy to have you and appreciate your feedback on the recruitment process. We hope you will continue to share feedback as you begin in... More