Nestlé Purina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with an online application which was followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview, the second round consisted of an on-site interview. The Recruiting Team was very helpful in answering all of my questions, and even offered to help me find a hotel for the evening prior if I needed somewhere to stay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when one of your team members came up with a really good idea.   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for moving through our recruiting process. We are thrilled to have you on board!

Food Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

I was invited to do a phone interview for a position and did not have a very good experience with the recruiter. At the end of the phone call, I asked questions and the recruiter seemed impatient and was not helpful in telling me more about the position. The recruiter spent a lot of time at the end telling me other positions I should seek (that I would be overqualified for). They made me feel inferior and gave me the sense that I would not be getting an offer for this position, which I met all of the requirements for. I do not put the blame on Purina, but I truly hope not all of their recruiters are this way.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

May 8, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your interview experience – I’m disappointed to hear it wasn’t a more positive one. A phone interview is just as much an opportunity for... More

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in April 2018.

Interview

Short Thirty to Forty-Five Minute behavioral based interview. Questions were asked regarding previous work history detail including reasons for joining and leaving all past jobs. Two behavioral based questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received feedback and implemented into your work routine.   Answer Question

May 8, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on our hiring process. We value your comments and appreciate your interest in a career at Nestle Purina – thank you!

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online and just like somebody else mentioned, received a rejection email within minutes (that's an exaggeration, it actually took an entire day). I exceeded the minimum requirements so who knows how you get a job here. I'm pretty sure you just have to know someone.

Interview Questions

• I hear that this company likes to ask behavior based questions on prior work experiences.   Answer Question

Mar 29, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on our recruitment process. Resumes that meet the basic qualifications are reviewed by a recruiter and a timely email is sent to notify you... More

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

30-minute phone interview. Very friendly, relaxed conversation with Human Resources rep. Questions asked were directly related to creative work as an advertising copywriter. I didn't have the breadth of experience they were looking for, unfortunately, so I knew I wouldn't be getting past the initial screening interview.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

Mar 20, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on our recruitment process and for your interest in a career with us! Don’t forget to join our talent network to learn when new jobs are... More

Territory Manager (PVC) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in February 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a recruiter. Review resume and are asked 2 behavior based questions. If you pass you will go through a 3 hour long Skype or in person interview with 3 people from Nestle purina. Each will ask you 4 behavior questions. It is a tough pill to swallow when you prepare for many hours and posses all of the skills for the position, and you are denied after a great interview. It is rough to hear, "you have a lot to be proud of," but we are going with other candidates. On top of that an invite to sign up for this and or other opportunities that open up in the future. Why would I put myself through that again?
    My suggestion is to be upfront and honest with people applying. Give them the reason why they were not chosen so they can at least have some peace of mind.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions, the recruiters will be able to help you prepare.   Answer Question

Feb 21, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your interest in a career at Nestle Purina as well as providing us with feedback on our recruitment process. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we do not... More

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then it took about 2 weeks to hear back from them about if they were going to offer me another interview or not. I had to reach out to them because they never said anything.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

Feb 1, 2018 – Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t receive a timely response from us after participating in your phone interview. We notify candidates... More

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Syracuse, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

The process starts with a phone screen, if your qualifications fit the role. I was contacted the following day to schedule a face-to-face interview either in St. Louis, or remotely. I chose the remote option. They are very transparent about the process, including the behavior-based questions they use. Interviewed with three employees at different levels in the company, but all on the Vet Sales team. Each interview lasted an hour, with up to four behavior-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you successfully turned around a difficult customer. How did you do it, and what were the results?   Answer Question

Feb 26, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on our recruitment process. There are no secrets here, we’re transparent in our process and try to provide the necessary information for you... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

45 minute phone interview (1st contact). Described process, went through my background and asked open ended questions like, "Explain how you went about ...". Then behavioral questions. Then open to my questions.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult problem at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Mar 12, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your interest in a career with us! We appreciate your feedback on the recruitment process and are pleased to hear your experience was a positive one. Join our talent community to be... More

Trade Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I met with 3 interviewers individually. I was asked behavioral questions in each interview, which were not hard as long as you were prepared. The interviewers were great people and easy to talk to.

I was asked to apply to a Production Supervisor position that I had to decline due to the shifts available.

I have nothing negative to say about the interview, interviewers, or the company.

Interview Questions

• Give details in how you changed a process and the steps that were involved?   Answer Question

Mar 12, 2018 – Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback! We’re flattered by your words and sad to hear the Production Supervisor position wasn’t a fit. If you’re not already, please join our... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process never made it into an actual interview. I applied online and received an email that stated that the company considered me as a candidate for the Territory Manager (Veterinary Sales Team- PVC) position. Through their online scheduling system, I scheduled an interview with the recruitment team member. The day of the interview, interviewer called about 10 minutes late for the scheduled call. When I picked up, the phone call immediately dropped. I called back directly and left a voicemail. I then saw that she had also left a voicemail at the same time stating that she was available for the next 45 minutes. I made a second attempt to call her back and there was no answer. I left a second voicemail and followed it up with an email. I made a third and fourth call and again, she did not answer the call. I sent one more email requesting that she contact me to let me know what the process would be to reschedule the interview due to the fact that there wouldn't be enough time to actually receive a through interview. I did not receive a call back nor did she respond to my email.

The following day I went back to the email that supplied the scheduling tool and was able to schedule another interview for the following week. I received a confirmation for the new date and time. The day of the newly scheduled interview, the interviewer did not call me. I called her and again there was no answer. I waited 45 minutes for an email or a call back, but I never received either. At least on a professional level, a common courtesy would have been for her to respond to my voicemails and emails. If she, for whatever reason, did not want to move forward with the interview, she could have kindly let me know. Further, if she saw the rescheduled interview and was not able to attend that date and time or was not interested in moving forward with the interview, there were several days in which she could have canceled that interview. It showed a lack of common courtesy on her part to not respond by phone or email regardless of which direction she was going in. I found it highly disrespectful.

The second week after my last attempt at communication and there still has not been a response. I recently went to their online tracking service to find out the status of my submission and I found that they withdrew my candidacy in the middle of the month after their two missed interviews. Unfortunately my excitement regarding this job opportunity has diminished. I felt that it was a great sales opportunity, however how can I respect a company who doesn't have the common courtesy to keep appointments, respond to emails and or voicemails, or send notification regarding a withdrawal? I think that in the future the company should do a better job with basic communication in the interview process.