Nestlé Purina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with an online application which was followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview, the second round consisted of an on-site interview. The Recruiting Team was very helpful in answering all of my questions, and even offered to help me find a hotel for the evening prior if I needed somewhere to stay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when one of your team members came up with a really good idea.   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for moving through our recruiting process. We are thrilled to have you on board!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later. I had a phone interview and then had a face-to-face scheduled within a couple of days. I was asked to review my resume briefly during the phone interview, but the face-to-face was purely behavioral based questions. I was contacted with a job offer within 24 hours of the face-to-face interview. I have always wanted to work for Nestle Purina and I am excited about it. The behavioral based questions can be intimidating, but look up the NP questions online and prepare scenarios ahead of time so you don't get stumped.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change your approach to a situation to get results.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to influence someone else.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied online and 3 days later received email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was less than an hour with 2 behavioral questions and review of relevant experience. Received invitation for a on site interview at the St. Louis Missouri office a week later. Face to face interview consisted of 1 hour interviews with 3 managers. Three behavior based questions were asked during each interview along with review of relevant experience. I prepared for these questions extensively and felt like I left a lasting impression. It has now been over 4 weeks with no extended offer of employment or email stating no longer under consideration. I am assuming that they were looking for a candidate that is completely mobile and open to relocate anywhere in the country.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sep 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your interest in joining our Sales Team. We appreciate the time you took to prepare and interview for the role, and we’re pleased you can look back on it as a positive experience... More

Interview

It started with salary and company overview. TI was encourages to ask some questions about the job. Used the STAR method. Website was very helpful to prepare. Interviewer was very polite and professional.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience; we’re glad you found our website useful in preparing for the interview process. We wish you success in your new role here at Purina and appreciate your... More

ORM Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online early August. Received an email 1 week later to schedule phone interview in 2 weeks. Phone interview consisted of 3 behavioral questions. After phone interview I received email 2 weeks later saying my information was passed to team for in person interview. The in person interview consisted of interviewing with 3 different people for 1 hour each. Each asks you 4 questions all behavioral based. You must have different answers for each question. Even if they sound similar. I suggest rehearsing with someone before hand and study your answers. Not to be made up on spot. They need to be super detailed. Situation, outcome, and behavior.
    I received an email 1 week later saying they didn't choose me. They also would not provide any insight as to why I wasnt chosen. I would have appreciated feedback.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me about a time where you proactively proposed a new idea to improve efficiency.   Answer Question
    • Q. Tell me about a time where you volunteered for a task or project because you saw an opportunity.   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for moving through our recruitment process. We appreciate your interest in a career at Purina are we’re sorry it didn’t work out this time. We do not provide feedback because of the volume... More

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had a phone interview which was very casual and enjoyable. They called me the same day to ask for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was 3 hours. Each hour with a different manager. Two of the interviews were video interviews and one was on the phone. Everyone I spoke with was very down to earth and easy to talk to. They did ask a lot of situational questions, so I recommend being prepared with many different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you wish you would have done something differently   Answer Question

Aug 15, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you so much for your time to leave us with some feedback. Great to hear the interview experience went smoothly for you; we hope you stay in touch with us for when an opportunity comes up again... More

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Joseph, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

app on the computer and then recruiter calls for a phone interview. this is a behavioral question that you are given access to how you can respond, and not to respond

Sep 28, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for leaving us feedback on your interview experience. We know the recruitment process can be stressful; our team does their best to provide resources and guidance to be successful in a... More

PVC (Territory Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

I had two phone screen interviews. The first one was a "courtesy call" and was very informal. The second one was more formal. The recruiter utilized two behavior based questions with time at the end for questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you changed your technique to influence someone?   Answer Question

Sep 28, 2017 – Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback on the interview process. We share this with the Recruitment Team so we can continue to enhance candidate experience during the recruitment journey. Job searching and... More

Senior Materials Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Allentown, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that was "behavior based" and I was prepared with several specific STAR narratives applicable to describe various situations. Unfortunately, it was like I was talking to a Customer Service person at the credit card company! She asked a question, I answered, and then silence while she typed in my response (I could hear the tapping of the keys). She didn't want the full situation-task-action-result. If she couldn't type it in 1-2 sentences, then she was frustrated and would re-word my responses. It takes a lot out of the explanation when it is reduced to one or two sentences! Even when I didn't agree with her rewording that didn't encompass the end result and tried to give more information to enrich the situation, she just wanted a line or two. In the end, what was recorded as being my answers were only how she decided to type them in. It certainly did not represent my responses nor the results that were conveyed.

Then we get to the point where I ask her questions. Knowing from her LI profile that she has only been with the company since May 2017, I ask what she has liked best about the company. Her actual response was to tell me to go online to look up how others have reviewed the company! I then asked, "What is the department like?" She responds that she doesn't know and to ask that question if I have an in-person interview. There was no back and forth. I felt like I was talking to a robot.

My point is that this phone interview all depends on how she types it up. Based on what I heard her typing, it sounded like I had very short answers since that was all she typed in. She was very "green". She didn't understand manufacturing at all. Therefore, she didn't comprehend the situations I was describing and didn't know how to sum it up in 1-2 sentences. An applicant is only as good as the recruiter who interviews you on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Reviewed my resume and asked same screening questions as was previously submitted on application.   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for providing your feedback. We do our best to provide a positive candidate experience and I am sorry we didn’t deliver. I recognize that an interview requires a lot of preparation and it... More

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

Ran through my past experience. Talked about personal problems in the past.drew out sveral different mtr strart and stop stations. Different trluble shooting techniques. Went knowledge of plc ladder logic. Relay logic. Single and three phase knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever completed a task which you knew could be dangerous.   1 Answer
    • What are some of my trouble shooting techniques   1 Answer
    • What would i do if i knew a friend and co worker was stealing from co.   1 Answer
    • Describe how i would fit in with co- woekers   1 Answer
    • How many days are accitible to miss work.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever taken anything home from the co.   1 Answer

Sep 1, 2017 – Human Resources

Bummer we weren't a contending employer for you! However, thanks so much for your time going through our recruitment process; we know it's not easy. We hope you'll consider us again in the future as... More

Territory Manager-PVC Sales Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Tulsa, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

My whole process took a month, from being recruited via LinkedIn to receiving an offer. I was contacted by the recruiter, we set up a time to go over the position and if I would a good fit. I applied the next day, shortly after I was contacted to set up a phone interview.
    The phone interview was straight forward we went over my resume and two behavior based questions. Once completed a couple of days later I was accepted to do a in person interview. A last minute switch changed us to a Skype interview. You have three different interviews, the first is similar to you phone interview the other two are four behavior based questions then they switch it over to you to ask questions.
    The questions were ones similar to ones on here, as long as you prepare and have some situations handy you will be fine. Ask questions most my interviewers had been with the company s long time so they had a unique insights since they were all in different roles. I received my offer two business days later!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to shift gears unexpectedly on a important project.   Answer Question

Aug 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Welcome to our Purina Family! Congratulations on the new job; we look forward to watching you grow in our sales organization. Your feedback is very helpful as we continue to grow our sales force... More