Nestlé Purina Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Standard SAR/Behavioral interview. Applied through my university hiring platform, then applied online. Heard back regarding scheduling a phone screen, then follow up a week after the screen for a proper interview. Very friendly, company seems very focused on culture and an easy work environment. Given opportunity to visit St. Louis but took another offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to navigate a complex problem and how did you create a positive result?   Answer Question

Nestlé Purina Response

Oct 27, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your interest; we hope you consider us again sometime in the future. Best of luck to you in your career!

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Interview

A HR representative called a day after I submitted application to arrange an interview. I scheduled the interview for about a week later. He asked about 5 behavioral, star story type questions about dealing with teams, project management, and using analytics. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about an ethical dilemma   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

After a screening call with HR, I was invited to come in for 3 90 minute sessions with other marketers. The interviews allowed for conversational time, but also their more standardized "behavioral" interview questions. Everyone was very pleasant and very positive about the culture and organization, even with the apparent limited advancement opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you head to look beyond the apparent causes for a problem and identify the underlying causes for that problem and what actions you took?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a talent sourcer via email regarding a phone interview for the ABM position. Quick turnaround time as I was contacted the same week I applied and interviewed later that week. I was instructed to allow 50 - 60 minutes for the interview.

The phone interview was very scripted. The talent sourcer informed me she was going to review my resume in detail with me and then ask a few follow up behavior questions in the STAR format. She further instructed and emphasized that all decisions are made by the hiring manager and it's up to him if i'm contacted or not for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I received was around my education. She asked what college did I attend and what year did I graduate, which felt more like an attempt to figure out my socioeconomic status and/or age. Very odd.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and an HR manager called me to schedule a phone interview. She was very specific in telling me that she would be asking me behavioral questions and that I needed to answer them in the STAR format.

The phone interview was very structured. She started off by telling me how the interview was going to work: I was going to walk her through my resume, she was going to ask a few details about myself and then we would go into the behavioral portion of the interview.

The interview process involves the HR person taking a bunch of notes on your responses to questions, sending it to the hiring manager and the hiring manager decides, based on the written notes, if they want to talk to you or not.

I emailed the HR later a couple weeks later when I didn't hear from her about the job - I was not invited for a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your most recent business challenge where you had incomplete information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

I spoke with the HR manager 3 different times before I was offered a face to face interview. When I interviewed, I meet with 4 different people who asked behavior based questions. They requested my responses to outline a situation and address how I approached and solved the problems and provide the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time when you had to think on your feet and make a quick decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by phone to schedule an interview. First round of interview was a screening interview via phone done by HR recruiter who was typing my answers. This consisted of a roughly 1 hour phone with first part focusing on me describing my resume in a VERY detailed manner based on her probing questions. Then the second part focused on very general/cliche questions that weren't hard to answer (why do you think you are the best person for this job? what is your biggest weakness?). After passing this phase I was invited for the face-to-face interviews (Nestle offered to fly me out and pay for one night hotel). The interviews were with a Brand Director, a Senior Brand Manager, and a Marketing Director. Each interview was scheduled to be 75 minutes (they tended to run short and finish at 50 minutes) and each interview had 5 behavioral questions, all of them starting with "Give me an example of time when...". The interviewers always signaled that they are looking for a specific format in your answers, namely i. what is the background/context, ii. what did YOU do (not what the team/company did), and iii. what was the outcome/result (here there is a big focus on stating results in measurable means, i.e. numbers, if possible).

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, just questions where you wish you had 10 minutes to think it through vs. having to answer right there on the spot. Things like "Give me an example of a time when you had to modify your behavior" or "Give me an example of a time when you had to change or improve a process" or "Give me an example of time when you had to ask for feedback even though you knew it was going to be negative."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

I had 1 telephonic interview followed by an onsite interview which included 3 x 1.5 hour long interviews with Directors/Sr. Brand manager at St. Louis. It was good overall. The people were very nice and the culture of the company was friendly and collaborative. It was the usual behavioral interview with lot of followups for each question they'd ask. No case questions. They wanted to see if your past experiences/skills is going to make your the right fit for the company/role.

Interview Questions

• The followups for each behavioral was tough. Also she asked me to introduce myself in the reverse chronological manner. That was the first for me.   2 Answers

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in June 2010.

Interview

The interviewing process involved a third party recruiter, VP of HR and hiring manager who was the director of marketing for the division. An interview with the VP of Sales for the division also took place with the final two candidates. Was a very slow process that took approximately 2-3 months.
    The interviewing process was fairly straightforward. The ability to share business case or accomplishments that were similar in nature to those that would be faced at Purina worked in my favour.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Open when sharing information about the company, department.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was generous, I negotiated for an extra week vacation however the compensation at Purina is quite good.