Nestlé Purina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.1

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (New York, NY).

Interview

After interviewing, I received a friendly and outgoing request for a phone interview. After a few delays, we finally worked out a time to talk. The interview went as expected, with behavioral and basic questions. The interviewer was friendly and informative. She said I would hear back from her within a week no matter their decision. A week passed, no word. I emailed her asking if there was any news, or anything else she needed on my end. No response to that either. Still no reply to this day. I know many companies do not get back if they choose to go in another direction, but as she explicitly said she would inform me no matter what, it is very frustrating, especially as she overlooked my follow-up email, as well. I was not only excited to interview for such a great company, but such an important role, as well. This lack of communication and follow-through only proves how important the need for good recruiters is, as their current ones are projecting false transparencies. It is disheartening to now view the company, and my interviewer, differently because of this experience, but so it goes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to overcome a difficulty and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

HR reached out to me through Piazza, and so I scheduled a call to hear about the position. During this call we scheduled a time for a first round phone interview. After the phone interview, I heard back a week later saying I'd been selected to continue to the second round, which was in person at the offices. I was interviewed there by three people, all resume and "tell me a time when" type questions. I got the offer, but then the post offer process was absolutely terrible in the way they communicated with me. Their HR department is a total mess. I rejected the offer, and will not be working for them. They were rude and non-collaborative.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Human Resources

I am responsible for the Recruiting Department at Nestlé Purina, and I am sorry your experience was not better. We strive to provide a positive candidate experience for everyone at all times, which ... More

Account Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Within one week of applying I got a call for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and verified information on my resume along with 2 behavior style questions. I was told 2 weeks before hearing back about if I get to go to an in person interview. It took the entire two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most complex things you've had to do?   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called at a set time and asked about general work history background. He then asked a few specific behavioral questions related to actual workplace situations that I may have experienced. Interview duration, 30 minutes.

Systems Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position and within a week was contacted by HR to schedule a time for a phone interview. On December 21st I had a 45 minute phone interview with the manager I was to report to for the position and was told that I would be contacted by HR again with further instructions/results after the new year. I was contacted on December 29th to see if I could attend a tour of the facility and second interview on January 5th with two other candidates. I was unable to make this day due to being out of town and was told that I would be contacted with a new date and time.
    During the week of January 9th I called the HR representative 3 times, leaving voicemail each time, to follow up on if a new date and time were scheduled for the tour and second interview.
    On January 18th I left voicemail with the HR representative and the manager who interviewed me requesting an update.
    I received a voicemail on January 19th from the manager apologizing and stating the position had already been filled. I am extremely disappointed with the lack of communication. The position was filled while I was practicing due diligence to try to reschedule a second interview that was offered to me.
    I was really excited to make it to the second interview stage with a company I had heard so many great things about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone and how it was resolved?   Answer Question

Jan 26, 2017 – Human Resources

First and foremost, we appreciate your interest in Nestlé Purina, and for investing time to participate in our recruitment process. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and apologize for ... More

Engineering Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I applied online and the next day I received an email telling me to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly easy. They asked you to talk through your whole resume, so I suggest looking back and remembering key accomplishments and actions you made in all your jobs and internships. Then about a week and half later I got an email telling me I have been chosen for an onsite interview at one of their plants. They paid for my hotel and transportation, it was super easy to set up all my travel arrangements with them, they were super accommodating. The first day was very casual. There was a presentation where they talked about the history of Purina (which was really interesting!) and then they gave us an awesome tour of the whole plant. I suggest writing down some questions you may have so you can ask them during your interviews and even at dinner with other trainees. After the tour there a cocktail hour and dinner with other trainees. Take this time to ask questions and get a feel of the company culture. I personally liked it, the specific plant where I will be working, people seem very relaxed and open to help you out in anything. Super welcoming! The next day were interviews. I had 4, 1 hour long, interviews back to back. They were not super hard, but after the third one your brain might be a bit fried. Everyone was friendly and I got the sense that they just wanted to see how you are as a leader, as an effective team member and if you can work in a fast paced environment. After that they feed you and then you are done for the day. They were also very quick to tell you their final decision, they call you and also send you an email with the offer`s details. Overall, it was a great and super informative experience.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

Nov 1, 2016 – Human Resources

First and foremost, congratulations! We are very excited to have you join us next year in our Management Development Program. It’s truly a unique opportunity to learn the business and progress to ... More

QA Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process first was behavior based questioning before you would move onto an in person interview at the plant. The interviewer was very nice and pleasant and answered any questions I had. She explained the interview processes and the steps before initiating the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a disagreement with a coworker and how did you work through it   Answer Question

Production Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Davenport, IA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the company website. I was contacted for a 30-minute phone interview. A few days later I was invited for a site visit. Day 1 was a tour of the facility and dinner with current trainees. Day 2 was 4 one-hour interviews, each with a different department and lunch with production manager. One complaint (about an otherwise positive experience): I had to contact HR to find out about being rejected. Even then, it was a computer-generated generic rejection. After taking three days away from my family (during a holiday) and studies, an email would have been nice.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. Please know how much we appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule, away from family, and around holiday time to ... More

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Fairly quick process- contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview scheduled the following week. Once I passed the phone interview, I was then scheduled to meet with a panel for a three hour interview with a series of behavioral based questions. Was then made a offer within 24 hours of completing the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Human Resources

Congratulations on your job offer and welcome aboard! It's a high charge working on the team that brings in the talent to fuel this organization. Very rewarding work, and we hope you love it! Make ... More

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina.

Interview

After contacting with HR in linkedin, I recieved the email for interview. An easy phone interview with behavioral questions. One week later, they rejected me. I didn't get any reason for the rejection, since I performed very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that your responsibilities were more than your ability.   1 Answer