Nestlé Purina Territory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

3.1

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had a phone interview which was very casual and enjoyable. They called me the same day to ask for a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was 3 hours. Each hour with a different manager. Two of the interviews were video interviews and one was on the phone. Everyone I spoke with was very down to earth and easy to talk to. They did ask a lot of situational questions, so I recommend being prepared with many different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you wish you would have done something differently   Answer Question

Nestlé Purina Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you so much for your time to leave us with some feedback. Great to hear the interview experience went smoothly for you; we hope you stay in touch with us for when an opportunity comes up again... More

Other Interview Reviews for Nestlé Purina

Anonymous Employee in Benicia, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Benicia, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and efficient. A recruiter reached out to me initially on LinkedIn for a phone conversation. I was then scheduled for a phone interview with another HR member, and another phone interview followed as well. I was then passed on for a final 3 person interview on a FaceTime like app. It was 3 separate interviews one after another with one hour time slots. They ask situational questions and you shouldn't give the same answer twice. All in all, it was the best interview process I've ever been apart of, and the the pleasant experience I had with the HR department is a big reason I accepted this offer, and I had 3 other offers. I think I spoke with 5 different people from their HR department and they were all on the same page which signaled to me they had their act together.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where missed a goal or deadline and what did you   Answer Question

Nestlé Purina Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Human Resources

Congratulations on joining our Sales force! It's a truly dynamic and exciting group that will deeply embed you into our business. We hope the onboarding process has been as smooth for you as the... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

It was long process. it started out with a phone interview. Then a week later was told Ive been invited for a one on one. I was interviewed by three people each asking about 5 questions. Was told 2 weeks later it did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time were you had to think independently   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in October 2015.

Interview

Sent in an online application. Was contacted by an inhouse administrator to schedule a 30 - 45 minuted phone interview. Phone interview was review of basic information and background, a couple of standard interview questions and then my questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?

Do you have any other work experience that is not on your resume?

Tell me about the most challenging decision you have made and how you approached it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview after applying online. The first part of the interview consisted mostly of reviewing my resume, applicable skills and company knowledge. The second part involved 3 behavioral questions. These are difficult to prepare for, but they were all closely related to the ones you will find posted on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you devised and implemented a solution to a recurring problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was tough... All behavioral based. It was a long process for me between the phone interview and the actual in-person interview. The HR department is great, I cannot say enough nice things. The travel was arranged and everything was set up very well for the in-person interview. Imagine my dissapointment when none of the territories I applied for were open, I felt lied too and basically had my time wasted. The interview itself was completely unorganized, the interviewers were nice but one of them was less than professional, aka not very organized and just left a bad taste in my mouth about the company in general. Three separate interviews, each had 4 behavioral based questions. Several questions overlapped, we were told to give different examples for each question and for each interviewer if possible.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions, tell me about a time when you had to implement an unpopular idea?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email a few weeks later to set up a phone interview. About two weeks after the phone interview I was contacted to fly out to HQ for three one hour long interviews. A little over a week later I received a call and was offered the job.

They each ask similar behaviorial based questions (look up STAR method). Make sure you plan ahead and have lots of stories and examples of previous experience ready.

Everyone was very friendly throughout the entire process. Just be confident and prepared and know why you want the job.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to suggest an unpopular idea that would benefit the company. Tell me about a time when you were innovative. Tell me a time when you had to make a decision in a short amount of time when you didn't have all the information you needed.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, 2 behavior based questions. They got back to me after applying a week online! Phone interview took about 45 minutes. Asked basic questions about experience and why you chose the company.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple weeks later I received an email asking for availability for a phone interview. About a week or so later I had the phone interview. HR rep was professional told me a little about the position, asked me to walk me through my resume and then asked me 2 behavioral questions with follow up questions. The territory I originally applied to was unavailable, but that came up about 5 minutes into the interview. I was fine with that, though, because they had a territory I was willing to relocate to, and they do pay for relocation.

A few weeks later, I heard back from the HR rep saying I was selected for an in-person interview. She once again told me about the territory possibilities, and told me to research behavioral interviews. She set up the in-person interview for a month later.

I flew out to HQ in St. Louis where I had 3 interviews, all with 4 behavioral based interview questions. If you have relevant experience, giving a different example/story for each should be fairly easy. Just smile, be confident, and show that you'll be a great fit for the company and that you really want to work for them.

The pros are that the interviews are not difficult, they pay for your traveling expenses for the in person interview, the interviewers were all nice, professional, and made the interview process a stress-free one.

The cons are that the territory you applied to may not be available and the entire interview process can take a couple months. For me, this wasn't an issue, but I can see how it can be for others.

Overall, I'd say it was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to analyze information to make a decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but I'm sure you could.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process has taken 2 months. First applied online, then a follow up email with set times for a phone interview. If you make it past the phone interview, you fly out to st. louis at the main tower.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a problem and how did you fix it?   Answer Question