Nestlé Purina Territory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nestlé Purina Territory Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

It was long process. it started out with a phone interview. Then a week later was told Ive been invited for a one on one. I was interviewed by three people each asking about 5 questions. Was told 2 weeks later it did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time were you had to think independently   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nestlé Purina

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in October 2015.

Interview

Sent in an online application. Was contacted by an inhouse administrator to schedule a 30 - 45 minuted phone interview. Phone interview was review of basic information and background, a couple of standard interview questions and then my questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?

Do you have any other work experience that is not on your resume?

Tell me about the most challenging decision you have made and how you approached it.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview after applying online. The first part of the interview consisted mostly of reviewing my resume, applicable skills and company knowledge. The second part involved 3 behavioral questions. These are difficult to prepare for, but they were all closely related to the ones you will find posted on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you devised and implemented a solution to a recurring problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was tough... All behavioral based. It was a long process for me between the phone interview and the actual in-person interview. The HR department is great, I cannot say enough nice things. The travel was arranged and everything was set up very well for the in-person interview. Imagine my dissapointment when none of the territories I applied for were open, I felt lied too and basically had my time wasted. The interview itself was completely unorganized, the interviewers were nice but one of them was less than professional, aka not very organized and just left a bad taste in my mouth about the company in general. Three separate interviews, each had 4 behavioral based questions. Several questions overlapped, we were told to give different examples for each question and for each interviewer if possible.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions, tell me about a time when you had to implement an unpopular idea?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, 2 behavior based questions. They got back to me after applying a week online! Phone interview took about 45 minutes. Asked basic questions about experience and why you chose the company.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email a few weeks later to set up a phone interview. About two weeks after the phone interview I was contacted to fly out to HQ for three one hour long interviews. A little over a week later I received a call and was offered the job.

They each ask similar behaviorial based questions (look up STAR method). Make sure you plan ahead and have lots of stories and examples of previous experience ready.

Everyone was very friendly throughout the entire process. Just be confident and prepared and know why you want the job.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to suggest an unpopular idea that would benefit the company. Tell me about a time when you were innovative. Tell me a time when you had to make a decision in a short amount of time when you didn't have all the information you needed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple weeks later I received an email asking for availability for a phone interview. About a week or so later I had the phone interview. HR rep was professional told me a little about the position, asked me to walk me through my resume and then asked me 2 behavioral questions with follow up questions. The territory I originally applied to was unavailable, but that came up about 5 minutes into the interview. I was fine with that, though, because they had a territory I was willing to relocate to, and they do pay for relocation.

A few weeks later, I heard back from the HR rep saying I was selected for an in-person interview. She once again told me about the territory possibilities, and told me to research behavioral interviews. She set up the in-person interview for a month later.

I flew out to HQ in St. Louis where I had 3 interviews, all with 4 behavioral based interview questions. If you have relevant experience, giving a different example/story for each should be fairly easy. Just smile, be confident, and show that you'll be a great fit for the company and that you really want to work for them.

The pros are that the interviews are not difficult, they pay for your traveling expenses for the in person interview, the interviewers were all nice, professional, and made the interview process a stress-free one.

The cons are that the territory you applied to may not be available and the entire interview process can take a couple months. For me, this wasn't an issue, but I can see how it can be for others.

Overall, I'd say it was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to analyze information to make a decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but I'm sure you could.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process has taken 2 months. First applied online, then a follow up email with set times for a phone interview. If you make it past the phone interview, you fly out to st. louis at the main tower.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a problem and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they emailed me 2 weeks after for a phone interview. I replied and booked a day, one recruiter were supposed to call me but never called. I sent an email to the woman who contacted me, she never replied. So I called 3 days after to re-scheduled a phone interview. They finally called me 1 week later and it was very short (only 10 min). The woman was not friendly, she was in a hurry. I could hear other recruiters to call people behind so they were pretty busy. She asked me about my education, my experiences, if I needed to be sponsored, and only 1 based behavior questions. She told me they will contact me in maximum 1 week and now it is more than one week and they still did not tell me if I am hired or not. I guess not. This was the worst experience I ever had so far and they are not professional at all. Do not say anything if you cannot respect your promise!

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

I first applied online through the Nestle Purina jobs page. I received an e-mail weeks later from HR asking to set up a phone interview. A few weeks later I had my phone interview, which was very typical. Many questions about my resume and myself. You are also give the time to ask questions, which was very helpful. About 3 weeks later, I heard back from HR that I would be moving on to the face-to-face interview in St. Louis. Shortly after, I received a phone call to set up my travel arrangements.

I prepared for the interview quite a bit, practicing behavior-based questions and reveiweing my resume. I was interviewed by three different interviewers. They were all AWESOME!! and extremely laid back. This interview was not very challenging, but if you do not prepare, it could be difficult to make it through. They first had me give some background information about myself and then I went over some key highlights of my resume. Each interviewer asked 3 behavior-based questions and multiple follow up questions. The whole interview process was nerve-wrecking at the time, but looking back it was very laid back and conversation-like. There is plenty of time to ask questions about the jo at the end of the interview.

I heard back a few weeks later with my job offer by a telephone call. A few days later I received my official offer package in the mail!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone in a professional situation and what you did to resovle it.   Answer Question