Nestlé Purina U.S. Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Nestlé Purina U.S.

Positive64%
3.1
HardAverageEasy
Found 539 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (United States)

Interview

It was very challenging! I had to answer behavior based questions quickly and with a lot of detail. The people were really nice and seemed like they actually listened. Be prepared for this interview!

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had to persuade someone to you ideas.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Italy
Application

I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Italy)

Interview

review CV e a seguito colloquio conoscitivo con l'HR manager e infine colloquio tecnico con domande inerenti al lavoro per cui mi ero candidata con i manager di linea e di business unit. Molto gentili

Interview Questions
Nestlé Purina U.S.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (United States)

Interview

Started off with a phone screening. I got a call three weeks after for a second interview, didn't receive the schedule for the interview until three days till. The interview was a 3 hours long, 1 hour per panelist with variations of the same questions that you're supposed to provide different answers to. I had a strong interview, and provided good leadership based answers and was surprised to get an automated email rejecting me for the position two days later. After asking for feedback, I was told it was not within company policy to offer feedback. After a month long process, not getting feedback and receiving an automated email was a slap in the face.

Interview Questions
Nestlé Purina U.S.
Anonymous Employee in King William, VA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (King William, VA)

Interview

You do a basic phone interview. The phone interview is base on 2 behavior base questions using the S.T.A.R method. If you pass that you will then receive and email for 2 second using the same type of questions

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you had to do something not related to your job description
Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO)

Interview

You start with a phone interview with a Recruiter and then a 3 hour face to face interview with the team. You will be asked behavioral based interview questions. The process was well laid out and they give you tips so you know exactly what to expect.

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (United States) in Nov 2020

Interview

Applied online and was a bit worried as they use Taleo as their applicant tracking system - I suggest researching Taleo online and making sure that key words from the job description are also featured in your resume. You can have all the experience in the world, but if the key words are not picked up via the Taleo ATS, there are quite a few sources out there who advise that your resume may never be seen. I applied and 2 days later received an automated email from Nestle Purina to set up a 45-minute phone interview with a recruiter. I selected a time for the following week, early in the day. The initial interview with the recruiter was just a bit over 45 minutes. It included a resume review, a few "legal" questions followed by 2 behavioral based questions. My recruiter was great, and even before asking the questions was sure to review the format for the response (STAR) and even asked the questions twice. Having not interviewed for a position in over a decade, it was a bit nerve-wracking, but overall that initial call was a great experience. Be sure to send a quick thank you email to your recruiter! Finally, my recruiter advised me that I should expect to hear by the end of that week (call was a Monday, and would be Friday). I didn't get a call or email (and the withdraw button on the Taleo portal was still there) so I followed up with the recruiter exactly 1 week later - the following Monday. My recruiter advised no further information is needed and that I will hear either way. The recruiter even replied back to me in under an hour - that was amazing! The next day, a Tuesday, is when I received a phone call from an HR manager at the location I'd be applying to work at. We set up the face to face interview for later that week and the HR manager advised that it would be about a 2.5 to 3 hour process and there would be 2 "panels" of people asking behavior based interview style questions. I researched on the Nestle Purina website about their history, culture, even some of the questions to ask at the end of the interview and wrote them down. Searched positive questions to ask at the end of the interview AND, of course, really put a lot of thought into what questions, personally, I needed to ask. The face to face interview was almost exactly 3 hours and included a really amazing tour of the location I applied to work at, a brief "intermission" if you will and then 3 employees came in to interview me "panel" style with 3-4 behavior based questions. After answering in the STAR format, there was more in-depth questions based on my reply and I was expecting that. They all took a lot of notes and again, totally understand that. Another brief "intermission" followed by another panel of 3 employees to ask another 3-4 questions. I did have the opportunity to ask questions of my own to each panel. I did NOT ask the same questions to each panel. I came prepared with about 8 questions and asked 4 at the end of each interview panel/session. I brought with my 5 copies of my resume and a notebook with some prompts for questions that I researched on this website. The behavior questions can be tricky to answer on the fly, so I knew going in that it would be most beneficial to me to answer in a clear, concise manner with all the detail if I had some prompts to draw from. This seemed to not matter to anyone who was on my panels. I did let them know that I have notes, and that I researched history, culture, questions, etc. on various online sites to be as prepared as possible. I wanted to be sure that I have this 110% and I knew that it would be better to be over prepared than under prepared. For dress: I did dress in business attire. I was not going to leave that to chance. TIPS: Bring a notebook and start to research as soon as you can, do not leave this to the night before. Have 8-10 questions to ask your panel(s) at the end, and be sure it's a mix of normal questions and information that you truly need to know (hours, COVID policies, etc.). Also, search this site for questions that were asked and jot down some examples of your past work experience. Some of the questions can seem like they are the same, but if you listen very closely, they are not the same. They are asking for different behaviors - outcome of a difficult customer vs. outcome of working with a co-worker who you may not have gotten along with 100% of the time. By changing the words just slightly, you go from offering how you deal with co-workers vs. how you deal with customers. Pay very close attention to what they are asking, and how they are asking it. Finally, back up your STAR reply with data. Use numbers and figures to paint that picture of what you accomplished so Nestle Purina and your interview panel(s) know what you can bring to the table. To close: It was quite a "grown up" interview process and I really enjoyed it. I did receive an offer, and did accept it.

Interview Questions
  • I feel like my description of the process was in-depth enough. I cannot stress enough to research this site for questions that you, too, will be asked!
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Flower Mound, TX) in Dec 2020

Interview

The recruiter was very clear about the process and what to expect. The phone interview was very professional, but where recruiters often fail is follow-up. I never got a call or email about my status. When I followed up, I was told I should have received an automated email. I never saw it after a search of my email. But, as a candidate, when I spend 50 mins on a phone screen, I would expect the courtesy of a voice to voice update. In my experience, this is one thing that can really separate a company from others in the interview process. Even for those rejected, the experience should be good and respectful of the time I spent in the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked Behavioral Interview questions and general questions about my experience.
Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO) in Dec 2020

Interview

Great process, I was reached out from my LinkedIn Profile, so it was refreshing. The interview was simple, quick, and easy. Great questions asked. I felt that it wasn't "robot" questions, but very down to earth and warm questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your military experience, About your education, experience, are you actively looking, or just open to offers?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Atlanta, GA) in Dec 2020

Interview

So far I've only completed the phone interview. It was very professional didn't take long. Sweet and simple an great eye opener for the next step the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
Nestlé Purina U.S.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (San Jose, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Interview process was nice and clear. People were prepared with Behavioral based questions and very interactive. There was a total of 4 people, each with 2 questions. Some questions were too specific and some were too broad. They really just wanted to know how you can react as a leader.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a difficult situation you faced and how you handled it.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 539