Nestlé USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

OMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview over the summer, met in person at fall career fair, called to final round interviews in Chicago. Final round included 3 30 minute interviews, each with one or two Nestle employees. Awesome overall experience, especially for an internship interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to move something around in order to make time for something else.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had an idea you felt was better suited for the task at hand and had to communicate that idea.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you did not live up to expectations within a team setting.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Background and situational questions. Spoke with 2 different managers and VPs via phone as well as the recruiter. Each phone interview lasted about 30 minutes with about minutes at the end of each call reserved for questions I might have.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your manager and what steps you took to resolve it?   Answer Question

Interview

Fairly simple interview process. Phone screen followed by an in-person interview where you do about 4-6, 30 min interviews each with different people on the team. Interviews were very laid back. They just asked about my background and then asked a couple behavioral questions. You should be good if you just practice common behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Interview questions. Questions such as "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Appleton, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

The initial interview went smoothly and faster than I expected. Joe at the Appleton office was very professional and wished me luck as he was leaving.
    The lady in human resources I believe her name was Natalie was very nice as well.

Interview Questions

• what was one of the most difficult situations you have been in ?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

I had a phone call with a recruiter and then interviewed in person a few weeks later. I talked to about 5 different people for a total of 5 hours. They all pretty much asked the same behavioral questions to me. It is all behavioral, not really any talking besides asking and answering questions. It was hard to come up with many different examples of the same question .

Finance Interview

Interview

Overall, very pleasant experience. The recruiters were very helpful and informative during the whole process. The interviewers were all very understanding and genuinely wanted you to succeed. The company values are very important.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

So far I have gotten a telephone interview. The recruiter emailed me regarding my application and then asked for my availability to set up a phone interview time. From there, the date was confirmed and she called exactly on time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about why now? Why are you looking?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Rather standard phone screening then Final Round Interviews. The interviewers were very engaging and interesting in learning about you. Three different interviews within the final round that were mostly behavioral.

Legislative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Arlington, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had two phone screeners, one with an HR member and one with the hiring manager, which were several weeks apart. I was then asked to come in for a series of in-person interviews, where I met with four different people from the team. They used a combination of behavioral-based interview questions as well as more informal, conversational questions. Everyone I met with was very positive, and told me that I had a very strong series of interviews. I enjoyed meeting with them, and they told me that they would be following up with me early the next week regarding the position.

I sent two check-in emails and received no response until nearly four weeks after the in-person interview, when they told me they were offering the position to an internal hire instead.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you came up with a creative solution to a challenge or problem?   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I did an initial phone screen with the recruiter, a phone interview with a finance manager, and then a final 2 day interview in the Solon, OH location (new HQ in VA have not been fully set up yet). All expenses for this were paid for by Nestle. They brought in around 50 students, and I heard that they offered it to around 20. They also flew in finance managers and trainees from across the country to mix and mingle with as well as conduct interviews. It was an amazing experience and helped you to learn about what the program is really like. Almost all questions during this round is behavioral. You had 3 back to back behavioral interviews with 2 interviewers in each. Only question that wasn't behavioral was why I wanted to work with Nestle. They will ask follow-up questions to your answers so you need to be really prepared to explain yourself and be honest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a high stakes decision   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to stretch yourself to achieve something   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

Very easy phone screen, more like a check in the box. I was almost immediately contacted to setup travel arrangements for the onsite interview which was a very responsive and efficient process.

The interviews lasted three hours total, back to back. Met with the head of safety, what would be my coworkers in the supervisory role I applied to, the manager I would work for and the GM. Everyone was very professional and polite.

All interviewers utilized standard questions on a form Nestle requires them to use. Lots of note taking.