Nestlé USA Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nestlé USA Brand Manager Interview Questions

3.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Good process. Great people. No surprises. Made to feel welcome. Fairly fast - just a few weeks. Met with 5 people. Various levels of management. Taken to lunch as well. Important for them to see the real person (in a relaxed setting) versus just during a formal interview. Important to have good questions for them that shows you have researched the company or specific business opportunity. Make sure you follow up with a thank you note or email. The people/ relationship skills are highly valued. One of the best interview processes I have ever gone though.

Interview Questions

• Common question of what is your most important development area.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair negotiation. Very satisfied.

Brand Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

I was initially thrilled to interview with Nestle USA - who wouldn't be?! I had a total of 5 interview over three occasions: two by phone and three during 1:1 interviews in Chicago. I was impressed by the two phone interviews - one with a recruiter and one with an internal communications person. However, I was told that there were absolutely no growth opportunities because Nestle is a relatively flat organization. I was a bit taken aback by that, especially since career advancement is important to me, but I continued with the process.

I was invited to interview in Chicago at the Kraft offices (Nestle doesn't have an office for its Pizza Division yet, so they are operating out a secured location in the Kraft building.) The best word to use to describe the interview was "bizarre." They were weird!

I was a bit turned off because they seemed to forget that interviewing is a two-way process. I have to make a decision about them just as they are deciding about me. Now, with that said, they were friendly during the initial meet-and-greet chatter. Then each interviewer in their respective 1:1s with me became stone faced as if they were literally coached to become expressionless as you are speaking with them. It was a chilly reception as if they were looking through you instead of at you. It was indeed an odd display of power playing in an interview.

Another odd thing about the 1:1 interviews was that two of the three people couldn't tell me about the Nestle culture because they were legacy Kraft people. So, they continued to speak generically about "we're a happy family," which to me is code for "we really aren't happy about this pizza acquisition and we're not getting along very well." The HR person seemed to really despise working for Nestle although she choose to be part of the transition.

Finally, during the interview, I was asked behavioral questions. When I asked for elaboration so I can prepare my response, each person became flustered. I got the sense that challenging them is not part of the culture at newly formed Nestle Pizza.

In a word, they were creepy. I knew when I left that office that I did not want to work for Nestle after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career progression starting with high school.   1 Answer
    • Are you mobile? Would you move to China if I told you to? What about California?   1 Answer
    • Out of all the places you've been, what's your favorite?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Oakland, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with Nestle about a month ago. Had an excellent experience from the first contact through the last. I felt that they respected me as a candidate, which is different from other companies I've interviewed with recently. I did get the impression that they preferred a local candidate.

Seemed like an excellent culture, very NorCal. Nestle is a company that I would gladly interview with again.

Interview Questions

• I hadn't thought about this question beforehand "Tell me about a time when you found an error in a team member's work. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

Two 30-60 minute phone interviews. One with HR, one with a director. Then for the 1-on-1 interviews which lasted a good 6-7 hours. They seat you in an empty windowless office while people come in and out on an hourly basis.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you someone in your group was slacking or not pulling their weight. What did you do?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Florham Park, NJ) in February 2009.

Interview

contacted through an executive recruiter, did not do phone interview, when straight to in-person on-site. met with 7 different people, a half hour each. no breaks in between. spectrum of people, from friendly, to downright terse. the VP of marketing was at that latter end of the spectrum. Questions probed alot on analytical skills (I had about 4 of ask me the same question about the forecasting experience I had listed on my resume, in great detail). Questions also tried to drill down as far as they could into every little detail.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of an insight that led to a direct business result.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a particularly complex project you had to manage through   Answer Question
    • give me an example of your leadership skills   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Glendale, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

I knew someone in HR, which is how I got considered. The position received 900 online applications - no one is reading them. After a phone interview I was granted a day long interview, rapid succession meetings with several members of the dept. I believe they hired someone (not me) from that round of interviews

Interview Questions

• These are the standard Bschool interview questions. i am generally stumped by questions like - how many milt drinkers do you think there are in the US.   Answer Question