Nestlé USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waverly, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Waverly, IA) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two separate interviews that were back to back. Two interviewers in each asked various questions. They covered the basics of the job functions and asked situational questions to determine job fit. Fairly intense questioning mostly because the questions are a little vague, and it's up to you to select experiences from your past that fit what they are asking about, but then you have to expound on it and explain why you did what you did.

Interview Questions

• What interpersonal conflict have you experience in your previous job and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (East Lansing, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

I was recruited on campus, and was interviewed in-person with one member of the team for 30 minutes. This was the only stage of the interview process, and the offer came roughly 2 weeks later.

Ingredient Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaffney, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Gaffney, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Test moderate, and upon passing an interview schedule. Interview questions were quite basic and seem open to questions.You may want to speak to employees and learn about the job first.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Las Cruces, NM) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was also being used as a coaching opportunity for relatively new engineers (1 - 2 years with Nestle). They had a rote script and after a few questions it became obvious that they were attempting to rank behaviors and experience on specific scales. The first few questions were rephrased until an answer that demonstrated ability/non-ability in what ever metric they had remaining to assess on their sheet.

Interview Questions

Nestle has a specific training rotation that was not appealing

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a job board site and then had a skype interview with HR. I was then advanced to the final round. My final round was in Solon, OH and consisted of 3 back to back interviews with directors or senior managers.

Interview Questions

• All rounds were behavioral (tell me about a time when) and gave plenty of time for questions. Since there were no case questions it seems they are really primarily looking for culture fit.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (New York, NY).

Interview

I had an initial phone screening for background information and to make sure that I wanted to potentially pursue a career with them, and then had an actual phone interview a week later with an employee who had previously done their finance internship and built his career from it.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest risk I have taken? What my biggest accomplishment was? If I was geographically mobile?   3 Answers

Test Kitchen Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

3 food scientists or managers interviewed me, then they followed up with second interview, they were great, the group interview was intimidating but once I relaxed it was not bad, questions were was to answer with a little preparation, quick and painless, I believe Nestlé is very particular of who they hire, it shows in the great staff they have, easy to talk to, security is tight but understanding with being a leader in providing food, must have identification to enter building as well as wait for a current employee to walk with to interview, not sure what else to say, Nestlé seems like an outstanding company, I really enjoyed meeting everyone and working there..........

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in a full size kitchen?

What can you contribute to our team?

How do you work with others or alone?
      1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH).

Interview

Lengthy, but well worth it. First interviewed by phone with two HR representatives, followed by a lengthy in-person interview, web-ex interview, background check, and drug test. Everyone along the way was extremely kind, professional and accommodating. I'm very happy with my decision to join Nestle.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nestle?   1 Answer

Nestle Field Operations Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

This was for the NDIC program geared around their frozen pizza and Ice cream products. There was an initial interview over the phone with and HR woman who outlined the job and then asked you a couple easy questions to make sure you weren't a slug, and could pass on to the next round. That was another phone call with a different regional sales manager, this was more technical than the first one and was largely behavioral questions. When you make it past this one the next step is to do a shadowing day with a the nearest District Sales Leader, which consisted of about 2.5 hours of conversation geared around understanding the job and asking questions, the more questions you ask the better. Then we went to a local store so that I could see what he would do on a daily basis. Afterwards he took me out to lunch and asked me behavioral interview questions. The next day there was a phone call with someone from HR that was geared around what you got out of that experience. Pretty easy.

Then they fly you out to LA to their head quarters and you go to a meet and greet with tons of Nestle higher ups, and you mingle, and try your best to narrow in on the people that are most applicable to your program. This is followed by a dinner, where they talk about how great Nestle is. The next day you interview with three different people for 30 minutes a piece, take a tour of the building and then you are done. Interestingly enough the questions that day were all very easy. I talked with other candidates and they all agreed with that. Nothing to difficult. Thought I crushed it, but I didnt get it after all that, so I guess it shows you what I know

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

First, it started out from recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone screen, and then face to face interview with hiring manager and other team members. After my face to face interview went well, I had phone interview with Finance director and Finance HR manager. It took 3 months from applying to getting job offer. It was a slow process from applying to getting a first phone call; about 2 months timeframe. After the face to face interview and phone interview, I got offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions. "Tell me a time you had conflict with your boss", "Tell me about the biggest risk you have taken to do what you think is right", "Describe a situation where you solve problem"...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.