Nestlé USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

2 on 1 first round interview.. Typical behavior based questions with no techinical aspect. They were personable but wrote all answers on packet and followed the format strictly. Asked questions about interest in the lifestyle of rotational program. Gave opportunity for questions at the end. Good overall experience

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to work through a complex problem?   Answer Question

OMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview over the summer, met in person at fall career fair, called to final round interviews in Chicago. Final round included 3 30 minute interviews, each with one or two Nestle employees. Awesome overall experience, especially for an internship interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to move something around in order to make time for something else.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had an idea you felt was better suited for the task at hand and had to communicate that idea.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you did not live up to expectations within a team setting.   Answer Question

Microbiologist Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Dublin, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

first there was a phone interview with basic questions about experience and to define aseptic technique . then about a week later an on site interview where each lab was toured and explained the process for each lab . personality questions were asked two weeks later a final decision email was sent.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Chute, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Little Chute, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Very well organized with a dedicated recruiter that will guide you through the whole interview process and what to expect (i.e. general interview type questions, who you will be interviewing with, their title and an official schedule for interview chain of events)

Interview Questions

• They stuck to behavioral interview questions, such as; Describe a time when...? or Describe your previous job positions.   1 Answer

Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Glendale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for th DLS conference, which required an essay and two phone interviews. After attending the conference, I was required to complete 3 back to back in person interviews. Attending the DLS conference will allow you to feed directly into the internship program. If you are trying to get into the internship program, I highly reccomened seeking out the DLS conference application- it was posted in February 2016 and occurs every year.

Interview Questions

• Why Nestlè?
      A time where I had to manage a project and I didn't meet the goals.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

It was extensive and I had to interview with several people.
    It took several months but eventually they got back to me. It's a great job with many perks (company car, flex hours, travel) and they do a good job telling you the benefits.

Interview Questions

• What's your expirence in sales?   1 Answer

Manager Market Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Here's my summary of the process: "Check the box", uncoordinated and, at times, condescending. There are some capable, nice employees caught up in Nestle's dysfunctional hiring process.

It occurred to me that the recruiting process was broken when I received their survey about how I felt about the recruiting process...after only my second screening interview with recruiters. When I questioned this, they said, "Oh, that was a mistake. You're supposed to get our survey much later in the process." I never saw the survey again.

I suspect this is the reason why...

My recruiter (not the hiring manager), who was based in California, was an impediment, at best, and a negative influence, at worst, throughout my interview process. I progressed quickly to an offer, but the recruiter's pressure tactics and insults really raised my doubts about Nestle's culture and working conditions.

Four 30 minute interviews with future colleagues (who were nice) didn't provide sufficient time for me to ask questions. I did explain that I had just a few important questions but the offer letter came...and then expired...before Nestle even tried to answer my questions.

Really unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced ambiguity.   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a situation where your boss made a decision you didn't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the process you led to make XYZ happen.   Answer Question

I felt that Nestle's deliberately ignoring my questions raised a red flag. Other negatives during the interview process raised doubts about how people are treated at Nestle.

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

Started with a phone screening, then follow up from the same recruiter, then a face to face interview, about a week to ten days they scheduled a work with a current employee, then second phone interview with a different manager and finally another sit down with the manager

Interview Questions

• Name a time you overcame a stressful situation and the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

District Sales Manager Interview

Interview

This company is bate and switch. Offers you a manager position, then tries to throw in in an entry-level position. I think once, I wasn't buying it they ended the interview. Never will I work for this company. All bad. Door to door salesman. That's what they want. Boo.

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Danville, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Math and logic testing, Hair drug test, phone interview, panel interview using STAR format, pre-orientation (4 hours unpaid), 3 day orientation. The interview process was too intense for a general laborer position. I felt like I was applying for management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you had at work and describe the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is their way, or, the highway.