Nestlé USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Interview

Started with a phone screening, then follow up from the same recruiter, then a face to face interview, about a week to ten days they scheduled a work with a current employee, then second phone interview with a different manager and finally another sit down with the manager

Interview Questions

• Name a time you overcame a stressful situation and the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

District Sales Manager Interview

Interview

This company is bate and switch. Offers you a manager position, then tries to throw in in an entry-level position. I think once, I wasn't buying it they ended the interview. Never will I work for this company. All bad. Door to door salesman. That's what they want. Boo.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to commute ?   1 Answer

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Danville, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Math and logic testing, Hair drug test, phone interview, panel interview using STAR format, pre-orientation (4 hours unpaid), 3 day orientation. The interview process was too intense for a general laborer position. I felt like I was applying for management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you had at work and describe the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is their way, or, the highway.

Nestle Field Operations Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

This was for the NDIC program geared around their frozen pizza and Ice cream products. There was an initial interview over the phone with and HR woman who outlined the job and then asked you a couple easy questions to make sure you weren't a slug, and could pass on to the next round. That was another phone call with a different regional sales manager, this was more technical than the first one and was largely behavioral questions. When you make it past this one the next step is to do a shadowing day with a the nearest District Sales Leader, which consisted of about 2.5 hours of conversation geared around understanding the job and asking questions, the more questions you ask the better. Then we went to a local store so that I could see what he would do on a daily basis. Afterwards he took me out to lunch and asked me behavioral interview questions. The next day there was a phone call with someone from HR that was geared around what you got out of that experience. Pretty easy.

Then they fly you out to LA to their head quarters and you go to a meet and greet with tons of Nestle higher ups, and you mingle, and try your best to narrow in on the people that are most applicable to your program. This is followed by a dinner, where they talk about how great Nestle is. The next day you interview with three different people for 30 minutes a piece, take a tour of the building and then you are done. Interestingly enough the questions that day were all very easy. I talked with other candidates and they all agreed with that. Nothing to difficult. Thought I crushed it, but I didnt get it after all that, so I guess it shows you what I know

Finance Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

A good experience overall. They took good care of us from the minute we landed to our ride back to the airport. Everyone was friendly. Culture definitely resonated that of a very large corporation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a past experience or project that involved accounting or finance principles.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Las Cruces, NM) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was also being used as a coaching opportunity for relatively new engineers (1 - 2 years with Nestle). They had a rote script and after a few questions it became obvious that they were attempting to rank behaviors and experience on specific scales. The first few questions were rephrased until an answer that demonstrated ability/non-ability in what ever metric they had remaining to assess on their sheet.

Interview Questions

Nestle has a specific training rotation that was not appealing

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Nestle requires managers to ask many Behavioral questions. Also, They typically ask questions specific to the programs or work you would be doing. For example, "What excel formula would you use for....", or "What recommendation would you make if your analysis work looked like......".

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had work with someone that was difficult?   Answer Question

Region Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Glendale Heights, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was extremely cumbersome. I had 4 phone interviews and interviewed with 5 people in person. Nothing but positive feedback, but after 10 weeks and no concrete direction on my candidacy I had to move on. Too, bad. Seemed like a good fit.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Way too easy. Asked a bunch of normal interview questions. If you ask me for a manager position they should have asked some harder questions. I felt like the questions were too babyish.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   2 Answers
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Was interview today by two women, I was nervous but the the two ladies were very nice and the process it self wasn't bad typical interview questions and behavioral questions. My advice calm your nerves at the door. Won't know anything until end of next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Asked about previous employment, Asked behavioral question ( what was the issue? what did you do? what was the outcome?)   Answer Question