Nestlé USA Interview Questions in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

Nestlé USA Interview Questions in Oakland, CA

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Contacted by an internal recruiter. Met with 2 accounting managers, a senior accountant and a consultant. Discussed past experience. No testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was contacted again by the same internal recruiter that initially approached me for the position and was offered a salary. Seemed to be take it or leave it.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Oakland, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

1. Submitted application
    2. Testing (typing, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
    3. Initial Interview with Manager
    4. 2nd Interview with co-workers/peers
    5. Job offer
    6. Check references

Interview Questions

• The questions themselves are not that difficult, it's responding in a positive, professional way that doesn't sound repetitive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Oakland, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed during a phone screen. Then I had to fill out an on-line application. Then I spent the greater part of a day interviewing, one on one with 4 different people. I interviewed with the HR manager, the direct supervisor, someone in another department and a person who had the same position I was interview for. 85 % of the questions were asking me to give examples or situational scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of difficult situation and how you created a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Oakland, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

very disorganized. I had to wait more than 15 minutes and then when I finally got to my interviewer I was made to wait while she took a phone call. I met with three people and two of them were disinterested and rude. It was not a good representation of a well established company with an otherwise great reputation.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Oakland, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with Nestle about a month ago. Had an excellent experience from the first contact through the last. I felt that they respected me as a candidate, which is different from other companies I've interviewed with recently. I did get the impression that they preferred a local candidate.

Seemed like an excellent culture, very NorCal. Nestle is a company that I would gladly interview with again.

Interview Questions

• I hadn't thought about this question beforehand "Tell me about a time when you found an error in a team member's work. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Oakland, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with Hiring Manager 1 - 1:1
    2 supervisors together 2:1
    2 employees 2:1
    Second Manager - 1:1

The interview was typical interview questions you find on the internet. I noticed the people I interviewed with, except the Hiring Manager were inexperienced at interviewing and seemed just as nervous as I was. Then I realized later there is no organization and they pick random people to do interviews which is not good because you get some terrible employees that probably should have been fired years ago now.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness? Give me an example of teamwork? Influence skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a lateral position so didn't negotiate