Nestlé USA Interview Questions in Solon, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.9

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH).

Interview

Lengthy, but well worth it. First interviewed by phone with two HR representatives, followed by a lengthy in-person interview, web-ex interview, background check, and drug test. Everyone along the way was extremely kind, professional and accommodating. I'm very happy with my decision to join Nestle.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nestle?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a job board site and then had a skype interview with HR. I was then advanced to the final round. My final round was in Solon, OH and consisted of 3 back to back interviews with directors or senior managers.

Interview Questions

• All rounds were behavioral (tell me about a time when) and gave plenty of time for questions. Since there were no case questions it seems they are really primarily looking for culture fit.   Answer Question

Manager Market Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Here's my summary of the process: "Check the box", uncoordinated and, at times, condescending. There are some capable, nice employees caught up in Nestle's dysfunctional hiring process.

It occurred to me that the recruiting process was broken when I received their survey about how I felt about the recruiting process...after only my second screening interview with recruiters. When I questioned this, they said, "Oh, that was a mistake. You're supposed to get our survey much later in the process." I never saw the survey again.

I suspect this is the reason why...

My recruiter (not the hiring manager), who was based in California, was an impediment, at best, and a negative influence, at worst, throughout my interview process. I progressed quickly to an offer, but the recruiter's pressure tactics and insults really raised my doubts about Nestle's culture and working conditions.

Four 30 minute interviews with future colleagues (who were nice) didn't provide sufficient time for me to ask questions. I did explain that I had just a few important questions but the offer letter came...and then expired...before Nestle even tried to answer my questions.

Really unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced ambiguity.   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a situation where your boss made a decision you didn't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the process you led to make XYZ happen.   Answer Question

I felt that Nestle's deliberately ignoring my questions raised a red flag. Other negatives during the interview process raised doubts about how people are treated at Nestle.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

What a joke? First the recruiter had me fill out a word document with the answer to all his questions. I am assuming he did not like to take notes. Then he said to get back a hold of him in two weeks and he would let me know that status. I bet you can guess what happened. He never responded to my inquiry. Had another interview with them about 1.5 years ago that was a teleconference with the manager in California. Sat in the room for 30 mins trying to get a hold of the manager or someone from HR. The women outside the door of the conference room gave me a "its not my problem" kind of response in a nice way.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and consisted of 2 phone interviews and a 4 hour onsite interview. It all went well and the onsite ended with a nice cafeteria style lunch in one of the facilities. However after 6 weeks of waiting for an answer they decided to change the job requirements after the fact and threw out all interviews for this position and essentially start over thus making the time I spent interviewing and waiting worthless. It also apparently made me no longer qualify for the position. A very unprofessional ending for what I felt was a good interview process and all around professional acting department.

Interview Questions

• Everything was situational/ behavioural based questions about information technology.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I first started out with a pre-screening phone call with HR. Then I had a phone screening with manager. After about 2 weeks, I got an invitation for final round interviews. This consisted of on-site back-to-back interviews with managers and directors.

Interview Questions

• Why Nestle?
      Describe a time you had to analyze a lot of data
      Describe a time you had to work cross-functionally
      Answer Question

Test Kitchen Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

3 food scientists or managers interviewed me, then they followed up with second interview, they were great, the group interview was intimidating but once I relaxed it was not bad, questions were was to answer with a little preparation, quick and painless, I believe Nestlé is very particular of who they hire, it shows in the great staff they have, easy to talk to, security is tight but understanding with being a leader in providing food, must have identification to enter building as well as wait for a current employee to walk with to interview, not sure what else to say, Nestlé seems like an outstanding company, I really enjoyed meeting everyone and working there..........

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in a full size kitchen?

What can you contribute to our team?

How do you work with others or alone?
      1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH).

Interview

Hiring process is a bit long in comparison with other companies. They are more of a traditional company so they want to make sure every box is checked. The interview process was first rounds then the brought a group out for the second round interviews. The second round had three 1-hour interviews back to back. They didn't call to reject but rather sent a mass email

Interview Questions

• The questions are basic behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when...". As with any interview, be prepared to answer why you are interested in Nestle and why they would be a good fit for you. None of the questions were unexpected.   1 Answer

Finance & Accounting Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews with the questions being almost exclusively behavioral-based questions with one technical question (what's FCF for example, so a softball one). There was a small presentation on safety procedures (common sense and you're fine, you go through nothing dangerous) and they paid for the trip and meals. Overall everyone was as they call it "Nestle Nice," with the exception of one individual.

Interview Questions

• One uncomfortable and worrying incident that occurred was when one HR employee mentioned she liked Glendale, California, but had a long pause and stated she worried about the "demographic changes" to the city. She further mentioned that she was also concerned about the changing population of the state over the past couple of decades. As a minority, I'm sensitive towards microaggressions that may occur even when unintentional.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nestlé USA (Solon, OH).

Interview

You pretty much have to start out as an associate manager (95% of the time.)

Interview Questions

• How do you swallow your pride when you know your bosses are stupid and egotistical?   1 Answer
    • Do rely on your gut or data-based solutions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wanted more money than they wanted to pay, so I took less in bonus.