Net2source Content Manager Systems Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Content Manager Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Net2source (Mountain View, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

First off, people should know that this is not a company that hires people directly, but from my experience is basically an Indian recruiting agency for the "Big Five" Indian consulting firms - WiPro, Tata, HCL, InfoSys, Cognizant - so all they kept asking me is "How Much?". This would create an email thread with the recruiter and sometimes other contacts attempting to negotiate my rate, since I basically refused to even consider working for them with the rate they quoted me. I have had several different recruiters contact me from Net2Source and it seems they do not track who contacted who, so I will sometimes get a different recruiter for the same position.

They basically scan resumes everywhere and look for people with specific skill sets to staff projects that the Indian "Big Five" have won, but I guess "immigration reform" is having an effect. They are unable to staff their projects with qualified people but they also refuse to pay market value here in Silicon Valley which is ridiculous, since you are forfeiting all benefits and they are asking for a laundry list of specialized skills. Certifications, US Degrees, and Real Estate is ridiculously expensive here in Silicon Valley, so although they offer cutthroat rates to land contracts with Fortune 500s you will not get engineers to work that cheap.

Unfortunately, Net2Source seems to be tasked with the grunt work of finding people; but from reading other people's comments and hearing from people that I have worked with, there is always a problem with payments and expenses. That is what happens when these companies work from paycheck to paycheck; so you have to wait until the client checks clear, your paperwork submitted, and then payment sent off to you. Make sure you verify WHO you will be working for and verify HOW MUCH your market value is worth, because multinationals from other countries are not taking into consideration what it costs to live in this country.

Interview Questions

• Can you let me know what is your past compensation?

And your expected salary?   1 Answer

I declined to do business with Net2Source; because I found the constant questioning about my previous salary details to be highly invasive, especially after I found out how much they are paying. People need to realize that we share our private information, because we feel compelled to in order to secure work but in reality they should be trying to "woo" us to work for them so you do not have to give away your bargaining position. They should share the salary range being offered for a job and then you can make the decision if it is worth your time, especially if it is a temporary job with no benefits. Also, please make sure you NEVER share your social security number over the phone.

Net2source Response

Jun 26, 2018 – Head of Vendor Management & US Offices HR

Hi,

We’re sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with Net2Source and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies.

We really appreciate your suggestions and would love to talk... More