NetApp Member of Technical Staff I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Member of Technical Staff I Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Member of Technical Staff I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

The HR emailed me and scheduled an initial ten minute screening interview. I waited for an hour but she didn't call. So I sent her an email hoping to receive a response. She emailed me 3 days later and rescheduled.
    The initial screening was a rapid fire question round with basic questions from all topics ( Networks, OS, Algos)- IPv4 address size, NP vs P which is harder etc.
    The second round was supposed to be an hour long. They forgot to call again. After I emailed them, I received a call an hour late. By this time i was completely frustrated and even though the questions were very easy, I screwed it up.
    Started with HR questions- Strength, Weaknesses, Idol, Why technology, When can you join, Are you currently holding on to any other offers/interviewing elsewhere etc.
    Basic Technical Questions - Difference between TCP/UDP, C vs Java, What are the routing protocols etc.
    It was a good opportunity but was a disappointing experience for me. Partly because of how i didn't answer well and partly because of how they kept forgetting to call.

Interview Questions

• As I said, nothing particularly hard. Definitely possible to clear initial rounds with fundamental knowledge from your Comp Sci degree program.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Coimbatore (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

It was an coding interview. There were two rounds. Both the rounds tested me for he problem solving skills and optimizing and testing the algorithms. The interviewers in both the round were very helpful and gave hints. They started the interview with basic os questions and jumped into the coding question.

Member of Technical Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2009.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of technical interview along with 1 Hr AND 1 WRITTEN EXAMINATION.

Interview Questions

• Question about deadlocks in operating system.   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2008.

Interview

It was mostly technical with a panel of interviewers asking technical questions and code solving on a white board. About 4 hours long, so yeah, pretty drilling.

Interview Questions

• What is the most efficient implementation of a linked list?   Answer Question